• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Staff Members and Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
The hive is growing a lot this winter. And because of that, we need new people to come help being a good moderator. This is why we have asked Chriz. and camel's_hump to come here and help us which they last night accepted.
You probably know both of these people from other wc3 sites.
camel's_hump will be the moderator of the Skinning/Texturing forum while Chriz. will take care of the 3d Modelling / Animation forum. Hey they are neighbors.
Another person coming is HernanG who will moderate the Terraining Forum. Thanks to him too :)

Another great thing is that the Resource Section is ready to be revealed to the public. I disabled the other one and imported all the maps, Anything else will be imported by hand. I hope you like it. Please post any bug you found in the Site Discussion Forum.

Thanks, Ralle

Last edited:
Level 13
You forgot to mention that I will be doign the cinematic corner ^_^, I will also be a bit more active around the forums that relate to mapping questions, since I am a mod there, so if you have any questions about mapping or cinematics, don't hold back to ask them, and I will try to answer them as correctly as possible.

Grats the other moderators as well.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
There are several reasons why Shados got demoted to Off-Topic Moderator.

Hmm, seems like I have to clarify a few issues, since that:
brad.dude03 said:
Ah, this helps to clarify a few of Shados' opinions...
is quite worrying.

and
Bob27 said:
Because Archian wanted him to be demoted back to off-topic moderator.
Makes me look like a **** to some people.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
First of all, I'm not obligated to report to you brad.dude03.
So please stop acting like I am, and I would appreciate it if you stayed away from admin affaires, since you're not a member of the staff.

Secondly, there isn't anything wrong being a Off-Topic Moderator.
And Shados was never meant to be a Global Moderator in the first place.
As in matter of fact, he should be grateful to be a moderator of one of the most active forums.

And it wasn't a "personal matter" that got Shados "demoted" to Off-Topic Moderator.
So in order to remove any misunderstanding or "slander" etc. I will post a thread to clarify the issue about forums and their moderators (stay tunned).
(Healingpoison for instance got "demoted" from Global, to our honourable Wc3 Discussion Moderator.)

Now please stay on topic, if you wish to continue this discussion with me, feel free to send me a private message.

Cheers,
~Archian.

Level 18
First of all, I'm not obligated to report to you brad.dude03.
So please stop acting like I am, and I would appreciate it if you stayed away from admin affaires, since you're not a member of the staff.
The duty of moderators and administrators is to look after the forums and the people who use them, a forum isn't anything without members. An admin's powers are second only to Ralle's, but all staff members including Ralle are answerable to the people, because the members of the forums are the forums.

Secondly, there isn't anything wrong being a Off-Topic Moderator.
And Shados was never meant to be a Global Moderator in the first place.
As in matter of fact, he should be grateful to be a moderator of one of the most active forums.
No there isn't anything wrong with being an Off-Topic moderator, I don't think anyone has said there was. As I told you, I was originally the Off-Topic/Lobby forums moderator, the idea was to see if I could do the job well and if I could there was the possibility of promotion to being a Global Moderator.

And saying I should be "grateful" of being a moderator to one of the most active forums makes it sound like a privilege, when in fact mod/admin powers should be seen as a responsibility. I offered to become a moderator out of a desire to make the forums a better place, and because I knew that the forums (Rather small then) would grow in size and so would the number of spammers, flamers, and other types of people we do not want. Not out of a desire for the various powers.

And it wasn't a "personal matter" that got Shados "demoted" to Off-Topic Moderator.
No one said it was, Archian, you brought up that idea from no where, as far as I can tell.

So in order to remove any misunderstanding or "slander" etc. I will post a thread to clarify the issue about forums and their moderators (stay tunned).
(Healingpoison for instance got "demoted" from Global, to our honourable Wc3 Discussion Moderator.)

Now please stay on topic, if you wish to continue this discussion with me, feel free to send me a private message.

Cheers,
~Archian.
I look forward to seeing that thread, but I am deliberately not sending this in a PM, as I think the members of this forum have a right to see it.

Ah, this helps to clarify a few of Shados' opinions...

No, no, I've always disliked Archian. No idea why, he just gets on my nerves. I try to keep my dislike of him from affecting my judement, however. So take anything I say in relation to him with a grain of salt.

-*meow*

Level 11
Okay, sorry that I am intervening here Archian and judging your authority, but I hope my opinion will prove to be useful or atleast impartial.

I personally do not know what conflicts have been going on here until I became an Admin. I noticed tension between members of the staff (Archian and Shados) and maybe we should solve this. It's okay for forum users to be curious when certain staff changes take place, so I suggest that when such a change takes place, either make an announcement, or post a thread in the site discussions. If not, people will tend to get confused, since they cannot tell to whom they can discuss certain problems.

Okay, as for the Shados-Archian problem, I am standing on Archian's side in this situation. Sorry Shados, but a responsible mod just doesn't spam everywhere, posting uselessly just so that he can say "okay, I'm present here too... I'm everywhere". You don't impose yourself through spamming or through useless actions. You should act when necessary, and when not, observe from the background. I'm not saying that mods should not get involved in community problems, but just making tiny posts everywhere is pure spam. And when a moderator does this, it tends to encourage other users to do so. I've got nothing with anyone, don't get me wrong Shados, but I think Archian already warned you about some of your actions (opening a thread closed by an admin for example).

So let's stop this nonesense because we have too be responsible and avoid core fights (between staff members). The merging is a very important event, and we have to prepare for it. As for the other user members, it is not wrong to ask a moderator or administrator why he or she took a decision, and contest that action to an administrator if you feel that you have been judged in a rightless way (you can come to me with such problems, unless you have the feeling that I am the staff member juding you in such a manner). But there will be situations in which certain actions cannot be explained. We are doing this for the best of the forum. After all, we lead it, so it's obvious to do so (most of the time, of course).

~Daelin

Level 18
Okay, as for the Shados-Archian problem, I am standing on Archian's side in this situation. Sorry Shados, but a responsible mod just doesn't spam everywhere, posting uselessly just so that he can say "okay, I'm present here too... I'm everywhere". You don't impose yourself through spamming or through useless actions. You should act when necessary, and when not, observe from the background. I'm not saying that mods should not get involved in community problems, but just making tiny posts everywhere is pure spam. And when a moderator does this, it tends to encourage other users to do so. I've got nothing with anyone, don't get me wrong Shados, but I think Archian already warned you about some of your actions (opening a thread closed by an admin for example).

I don't beleive I have been post "spam everywhere", and a tiny post isn't neccesarily spam, even small posts can add something to a thread. I'd like some examples of my doing this, because I don't beleive I have been.

-*meow*

Level 11
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=71415&postcount=4
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=69594&postcount=5
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=71389&postcount=6
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=71527&postcount=2
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=71530&postcount=2

Generally either pointless posts which are meant to say "I posted here too". And generally yes, tiny posts are spam when for example (completely arbitrary example) someone asks for help and you answer him with something like "search in the trigger editor" or "try moving the unit", instead of showing a piece of code. I'm not refering to you in this arbitrary example, just proving a point. Small posts can almost always be developed more. It's just like with words. You can speak only a little and say something useless (you can do that ofcourse in many words too), and usually coming up with few yet intelligent words is really difficult. And I haven't noticed anything intelligent in a "<3 GnR!" post.

Oh if you're asking for further proof, even Camel detected and deleted a post I was about to point out as spam. So I believe I'm not the only one with this opinion.

~Daelin

Level 18
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=71415&postcount=4 - Related to the topic and what the person before me had said, the topic was about our opinions, after all.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=69594&postcount=5 - Kinda related, but you're right.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=71389&postcount=6 - Again, related to the topic, spam is generally posts not related to or adding to the topic.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=71527&postcount=2 - You're right about this post.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=71530&postcount=2 - I was being completely serious and I was trying to help solve the problem, brad was also of the opinion that it was the only thing he could really do to solve his problem.

Ok, so two spam-ish posts per how many relevant ones? If I went through all of your own posts by the time you have ~1400, likely I could find spam in it too. No one's perfect, and I try my best not to spam and sometimes consciously don't post when I know I won't be adding anything.

-*meow*

Level 11
That's not a problem. I was pointing out some random posts, not something more. And IMO, you also spam when you uselessly post, even though it is topic related (stupid example: "I do not know the answer to your question, but nevetheless I'm posting to let you know that I checked it"). Don't get me wrong, I have nothing with you. I made my post to end this conflict because it affects the site, and so, it's best to avoid it. Is everything okay now? Can we get past this problem please?

~Daelin

Level 36
I hope everyone's problems are sorted now, didn't mean to make Archian boil over like that. Just being curious as I was confused by the state of some of our moderator positions, such as Shados' position change and such. I still think that Ralle's judgement is god around here, so if any further quarrels erupt perhaps allow him to settle them?

As a side note, I am sorry that I appeared to be 'demanding' anything of you Archian, but as you can clearly see I have no power here, I am a member and all I ask is to know something. Is it wrong of me to ask for some information about something that you clearly know more about then I? And in response to your questioning of my involvement in admin affairs: I'm a member of this community, for longer then you, not that it matters, And I believe that every member should be actively in-the-know about what's going on with the leaders. For example: If the Hive Workshop was a country and the Admins were like the government, wouldn't it be rather wrong of you to completely cut off the citizens of that country from the goings on of the government. I believe this is, to some extent, a democratic forum, where everyone can speak their opinion or ask about something regardless of their rank or standing at all, or do you frown on free speech as well? Being an admin isn't easy, but responding in such a way infuriates me.

Last edited:
Level 11
I still think that Ralle's judgement is god around here, so if any further quarrels erupt perhaps allow him to settle them?

If you were "subtely" refering to me through this statement, I do not believe I've taken the wrong decision by intervening here, as clearly Archian could've used some help. And Ralle himself, your... god, to say so, put Archian in charge with community problems. We all make mistakes, and it happens to all of us to get angry at a point, and well... it happened to Archian now. I believe that exactly because it is so difficult being an admin, to not judge him so roughly and trust him when he comes to these problems, as he is just as reliable as Ralle. The difference between these two is that Ralle intervenes usually when it comes to technical problems, and Archian has to handle the people talk. I promise I'll try to help him with such issues from now on, so that we won't get to such critical situations again.

And again, it is okay to ask, but we can't promise that we'll always be able to tell yu (there are issues which must remain staff issues... though this was not the case, and there are issues for which we do not have answers either). You have the right to ask, we may decide to answer or not. If we do not answer, we will usually give our reasons, ok?

~Daelin

Level 36
No, I wasen't subtley referring to anything at all. There was no hidden meaning behind the words as I was stating that Ralle has been kind of quiet throughout these admin conflicts to perhaps if another one is to come, then have Ralle try and settle it since many people here respect him above all. As well, the community managed perfectly well before Archian came, albeit with many less resources and awesome tutorials, so I think Ralle can just as easily handle people, but he doesn't now that Archian can do it for him while Ralle has other problems to deal with :) I know how difficult it is to be an admin as I admin 2 forums and 2 other sites ;)

Level 10
Well, I'm glad for the new moderators. Congratulations! I, for one, would like to see this conflict resolved and forgotten about. Daelin's idea for an announcement or thread stating promotions/demotions (I think) would prove very beneficial to us "normal" posters. Thanks Daelin for your level-headed reasoning.

-Deck

Level 18
No, I wasen't subtley referring to anything at all. There was no hidden meaning behind the words as I was stating that Ralle has been kind of quiet throughout these admin conflicts

Ralle doesn't really visit the actual forums much anymore, he's more completely focused on getting the resource section working, hopefully once that's done he'll come back to us ^^.

-*meow*

Level 11
Ralle's not going anywhere. He is just busy with the resources section, that's all. After he finishes what he has to do with it, he will "return" (though he's actually here, just not super active). I already have in mind some new ideas for the forum (I can tell you that a new skin is on its way out, I just have to finish the header. Btw Shados... I'm sure you're gonna like it) but after I'm done with it, I'll see which of my ideas will start to materialize.

~Daelin

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I guess its time for me to leave my two cents (love that sentence).
Well.. Shados becoming off-topic moderator. Me and Archian decided that all moderators should have each their forum to moderate. Some moderates the Terrain forum, Some the texture etc.. And Shados moderates the off-topic. I think that the off-topic forum is one of the best forums since that's the place everyone can be. So I don't think he should be sad about it if he is.
Also. When you say Archian demoted him. You have to say that I demoted him too. Archian asks me about most things before he acts. He suggests stuff and I say Yes/No and he starts it.

Well I am quiet. Yeah sorry about that but I spend most of my time working on the Resource Section :)

I hope this answers most.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
I'm sorry brad.dude03, with the :sad:
myself said:
I got carried away. Note that I've had some.. well.. "real-life issues" which made it hard for me to cope with The Hive Workshop for a little while, but I'm back on track :smile:

Anyway, keep in mind that there are some issues which remains for the staff at first, before we can notify the public about the specific subject.
I know that we admins don't notify you members or moderators as much as we should do (this is a known issue) and we have had problems with it before.
But there are VERY many things going on atm, and we can't notify you about everything we do and decide.
But, I for one, will try to do my best to change that so that the users of this site isn't kept in the dark as much as you've been as of yet.

And that's right, our friendly site founder and owner is working hard these days to fix everything which still needs adjustments on the site and resource section.
I'm what you could call the "Forum Director", everything related to the forum community goes through me and when I act I usually have Ralle's permission to do so.
Every decision I make is (or atleast should) always be considered thoroughly, and if I can see I've made a mistake I will fix it.

Thanks once again for your support fellow admins and (some) moderators, I appreciate that :smile:

Anyway, you can all look forward to some more great events and updates in the days to come :)
And things will change from now on to remove these kind of issues for example.

Shados said:
No, no, I've always disliked Archian. No idea why, he just gets on my nerves. I try to keep my dislike of him from affecting my judement, however. So take anything I say in relation to him with a grain of salt.
I'm sorry to hear that, but can I just ask; What have I ever done to you? Is it because of my staff position?

Level 11
And this is a childish behavior: disliking someone just because. If you don't tell people what exactly bothers you about them, there's nothing they can do to make you feel more comfortable in their presence. So do not expect anything to change unless you speak open with Archian and try solving the conflict. It appears to me that you don't want to be friendly with Archian, since he has tried doing something about this, while you haven't. You still believe that you are right and he is wrong (just because).

~Daelin

Level 18
No, I dislike him for a reason I can't quite put a name to. Ever had a general feeling of anxiety? It's something like that. I don't think I'm right and he's wrong "Just because", and saying I am childish because I cannot explain something seems in itself immature.

-*meow*

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Anxiety? Don't be scared, I'm not going to ban you that's what you think or take control over the Hive.
But, I'd really like to know what it is that makes you *hate* me so much.
Have I done anything against you in a previos "life" :?

Anyway, try think about it for a second. I havn't done anything against you, this is unfair!

I WON'T ignore this problem! I wish to put an end to this! Really I do...

Level 18
Gah, I said it's similar to a general feeling of axiety in that it's based around something I can't quite name, and I don't hate you, that's too strong a word, I dislike you. Logically I know you haven't done much to me, but that's like, say, telling a claustrophobic person there's nothing to fear from small spaces, knowing it logically doesn't affect how you feel.

-*meow*

Level 45
Honestly, just because your mods or whatever doesn't mean you can fight or argue in your own news threads.

I mean, the news threads are threads made to celebrate or notify the community.

I mean, this IS in the news thread for gods sake, i mean if you guys fight all the time like this, then this doesn't reflect any of you upon the community very well at all.

If I wanna say something to STOP this pointless crap shown upon the community then I WILL so i don't HAVE to be told to not look at something which is clearly in a frickin news thread.

I mean, this doesn't really involve the community only the staff, so i suggest you guys sort it out in your staff area or pm, cause I'm sick and tired of seeing this thread pop up in my User CP with only personal endless comebacks and I'm sure I'm not the only person who think like this.

Level 21
good game camel. you done well.

NO WAI nemisis is posting on these forums again?? like WTF??? no im not dead kk? where is malufa ftw? like w00t :p pooonage spam spam spam

anyways, hello to everyone i used to know, sup ralle sorry i havent been on msn....or these forums....or anywhere. im like old now. so i dont get much time for anything, also im a semi proffessional counter strike player which takes up alll of my gaming time with lans and stuff.

nice to post again, hi to william if hes around, if im on xfire or aim do say something, you know IF im on, and IF your on. so im not gunna hold my breath, thats IF you even see this post because your probably behind enemy lines or mabey just a desk in an office block, who knows.

GG all --

The Nem Party (my css name :p)

Level 36
AHMHAGAHD ITS NEM! DUDE WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?! Counterstrike is entertaining and all, but semiprofessionalism. Wow. I knew you were like the uber pwnage and all but your really working at it, huh? Well, haven't seen you on MSN in ages or I'd request some more CS schooling XD Malufa unfortunately has vaporized and hasen't been seen here for a while. Glad you decided to show up though XD

Status
Not open for further replies.