• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Roleplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
People definitely need to be excavating powered exoskeletons occasionally. For war. Control of those would definitely be an issue worldwide.

Level 35
Steampunk war-engineers, powered by highly acidic, electric plants that cause nerve damage with direct contact, battles of epic proportions, between mortal races with blood spilling upon the earth, as the shadow of the two gigantic powers of Heaven and Hell looms over them in their conflict.

Sounds excellent, lets do it.

Level 5
Okay guys sorry, after Darjiss fell i decided i didn't want to be involved... But after talking to Gath... and reading some of this i can see i'm missing out big time so im back in! This does sound pretty sweet by the way...

Level 35
Elvish styled races would most likely not be categorized in the same fashion as 'traditional fantasy' would dictate.

This is a more 'realistic' roleplay, atleast in terms of grit, and politics. Elvish races would most likely be ordered as humans would. Country > Ethnicity > family > Beliefs.

A 'dark elf' would most likely be a slang term for an elf with a different culture. Not an elf who worships Lloth, and is evil.

Speaking of evil.

All the races are (if I have my say on the matter ^_^) essentially tainted, and grappling with the concepts of 'good' and 'evil'. All the races are afterall, evil people are not just in the shadow of Hell, but also of Heaven. Likewise, even the highest priest, is not just in the shadow of Heaven, but Hell also looms over them.

Level 8
I'm going for a viking-ish human, tall, bigass red beard, and so on...
I might even rule some sort of clan/warband, no ties to magic, just a giant axe, a sword and a blunderbuss/pistols/something pointy i can throw.

Level 23
Well, there should also definatly be some sort of MASSIVE rascism to one race, just to add realism... like, one race is considered not worthy, and every one that has magic of that race will be slaughtered on brutal, ritualistic ways, only the ones that stay in the shadows survive XD.

Level 8
on the contrary, there should be one race that is dominant over the rest, that would be feared and such, it wouldn't be bad if it was some kind of tech-kingdom, that would invade and consume lands that aren't allied with it, like the Nazis in WW2, imposing on and oppressing the weaker nations, and THAT nation, would deem ALL OTHER nations unworthy.

Level 7
Wait, so this is going to be futuristic? Mmm k. I have an idea for a futuristic race.

Race: Asajikk
Details: A race that when fought with, are the emobdiment of pain. They are a race that has uneven skin layers (so they're skin looks like brain coral in a way). They have tan skin, but it can range from dark red to a greenish-yellow. They are known to control a bio species called Krakor. These are beasts that the Asajikk can actually enter and control them like a machine, by using 6 red tentacles on their backs. Krakor can fly, but not for long, as they live in the sea. Asajikk have skull-like faces, and they do not use facial expressions to show their emotions. Their emotions can be shown when their skin layers rise up. Their anger is shown when their eyes turn to a vicious yellow. The Asajikk have a close anatomy to a humans, except they have no kidneys or intestines. (Yep, they cant poop. Or pee.) They use their tentacles to drain substances of nutrients. Asajikk when born are immediatly taken to a training facility where they can get special implants to help them not catch viruses or diseases. Asajikk are a war-like race, and have a high resistance to poison. This doesnt mean they're immune to it however. Asajikk leaders are decided by how rough an uneven their skin is. The leaders often look very ugly. Asajikk are very racist, but are allies with humans, (though not very friendly). Even though they are warlike, they are also very scientific. They make artificial limbs that work just as well as a normal limb. They also can jump twice as high as a human,(due to the fact they dont have as much weight as a human) However, Asajikk are not as immune to human viruses or diseases. Which is why when they are born they get special implants. They also dont have the same reproduction method as humans do. WARNING If you are afraid to see what they do to reproduce DONT READ THIS. "The Males have tentacles that are smaller than the female's, and they are inserted inside of the female's tentacles, which will send the male's sperm inside of the female. The female will grow a giant egg (which looks like a bubble) on her back, which contains the Asajikk Embryo. The egg is very strong even though it looks sensitive." END OF WARNING Oh btw the tentacles are on their backs.

Anyway, thats my race idea. Sorry if I frightened anyone :)

Level 23
NO NO NO NO! it's not going to be futuristic, it's going to be fantasy with a bit of magic and a bit of technology, as for the major race... there is never one REAL major power, and races should be split up into multiple factions (not doing that would be like giving the white "whiteland" the ones with coloured skin "Colourland" and the asian 'race' "Asia" and further have no other factions... that'd be as unrealistic as it gets I guess... Anyway, no power to rule them all... Nazi Germany wasn't a super power that dominated all... it was a money-spending war-machine, it spend more money than it had, and eventually was crushed by the two super-powers called "the US" and "the Soviet-Union"

Level 14
speaking of this rp I havn't had much time to write but I wrote up on the magic don't know how good it is but..

Magic: Magic is a lifeforce within less then 1% of mrotals and within all of the Lai'Nazual and Dei'Nazual. It is a force eneabling mortals to break the bonds all mortals share and allows for the summoning of great power. It was originally only known to angels(Lai'Nazual) and demons (Dei'Nazual) but at some point was given to the mortals as a gift of sorts. Though a fraction of the angel and demon power. It was from there imbeded in the mortal bloodline but reveals itself in only a select few mortals. Though it has been deluted, changed, and added to it still welds a unimaginable power at its higher stages though its true power can only be used by angels and demons. A sage of old best sums the power up in an ancient tome.
"Magic is a force that few have. An energy channelled from deep within. An energy that even few can master. A gift from beings of high and low, it has the power to obliterate or create, heal or kill and I fear it will only bring ruin and doom to us all."
-Tharen Windleaf

Level 5
You got a good point... I think to add realism you should actually give this race more power than the rest but have it set that its hated by most if not everyone and are fairly hostile... Don't make them over powered just give them more is all I'm saying... And it doesn't necessarily have to be in magic wise (one option) but it could be more advancement in this technology with the plants for powering machines or a larger brute force and weapons skill... Maybe just extreme accuracy and steadiness with a bow or something... But i kind of like that idea... If you guys do decide to do it i wouldn't mind throwing this race together...

Level 24
While there's a possibility for superpowers in a USA v USSR sort of way, there almost definitely won't be any particularly powerful races. Gath mentioned a few pages back that he didn't want to many weird races.

Level 35
Well, there should also definatly be some sort of MASSIVE rascism to one race, just to add realism... like, one race is considered not worthy, and every one that has magic of that race will be slaughtered on brutal, ritualistic ways, only the ones that stay in the shadows survive XD.

Or we could have racism in general...this RP could be a nice political learning experience, that deals with real issues. An 'intelligent' thought provoking RP, not just mindless quests and killing dragons.

While there's a possibility for superpowers in a USA v USSR sort of way, there almost definitely won't be any particularly powerful races. Gath mentioned a few pages back that he didn't want to many weird races.

Super powers, racist races, nationalistic tendancies, and imperial nations vs, barbaric steam punk warbands. Sounds kinda like pre-ww1 days, with some medieval thrown in, and a touch of Cold War...AWESOME! Lets do it.

Though the super powers would be relatively small...sorta like pre-ww1 Europe. Or a super power like Rome, who is quite powerful, but small in size by today's standards.

You got a good point... I think to add realism you should actually give this race more power than the rest but have it set that its hated by most if not everyone and are fairly hostile... Don't make them over powered just give them more is all I'm saying... And it doesn't necessarily have to be in magic wise (one option) but it could be more advancement in this technology with the plants for powering machines or a larger brute force and weapons skill... Maybe just extreme accuracy and steadiness with a bow or something... But i kind of like that idea... If you guys do decide to do it i wouldn't mind throwing this race together...

Bows and things would probably be replaced with some sort of gun. Though this universe isn't futuristic, think of it like warhammer, where you have knights and gunners on the same team...knights being perhaps...heavily armoured war walkers, powerd by steam, with huge halberds :D

I should draw this!

And Gath, could we make magic into a more 'scientific' part of academics, rather than a biological gift? It would make it a little bit more realistic I think.

Though you could add biological elements into it, like genetics that give someone an edge in learning, similar to how people today have an edge at learning things like math, science, and etc by the way their mind developed and their genetics.

Level 8
NO NO NO NO! it's not going to be futuristic, it's going to be fantasy with a bit of magic and a bit of technology, as for the major race... there is never one REAL major power, and races should be split up into multiple factions (not doing that would be like giving the white "whiteland" the ones with coloured skin "Colourland" and the asian 'race' "Asia" and further have no other factions... that'd be as unrealistic as it gets I guess... Anyway, no power to rule them all... Nazi Germany wasn't a super power that dominated all... it was a money-spending war-machine, it spend more money than it had, and eventually was crushed by the two super-powers called "the US" and "the Soviet-Union"

I was just taking WW2 germany as an example, to show the character of this nation i'm trying to describe, and sure there will be factions, but one nation> all the rest, at least 1v1, that was my idea

EDIT: I think magic should be a biological gift, because of the whole angel/demon stuff, i thought something along the lines of: a person is picked by a demon/angel while still an embryo, and injected with magical powers through some dream the mother has, or such, to carry out that demon/angel's intentions.

Level 23
First of, I've got a new idea, how about making the border between demon evilness and angel goodness a little bit more faint, I don't like the sound of one pure good side, and one pure evil side.. there should be good and bad ones...

Further, I think it should be something that is learned, so that humans themselves CAN invent magical spells, but it would probably take a lifetime or a half to find out how... and learning from an angel/demon would go much much faster, and be much much more powerfull.

Level 5
Even so there is no chosen... A single race may be gifted with a magic but not everyone can wield its full potential... You can do learning it from a book or making it yourself to an extent but making it a biological thing really adds to the magnitude of it...

Level 23
Learning it from a book won't do, realy, magic will be so increadibly complex, that either highly intelligent people or people who have a fully empty head will be able to learn it (the first becouse of the way they understand things, and the latter becouse angels/demons could just implant the information into the brain if necessary)

Level 35
Why does magic need to be complicated though?

Can't it simply be "do this, to make this float, and if you have a certain genetic factor, you can make this float better than that person, who in turn, can make something catch on fire better than you."

Time, and effort, and work, should be the determining factor of power, not 'being born with it'.

You can be born a genius, but you can also learn to be one. Is what I'm saying. It would level the playing field, and limit the "I was born <insert cliche>"

Like my old Celestial Elven character, he had to learn and study to be a great magic user...until I somehow got into a rather boring and convenient "chosen prophet" theme.

Level 24
People that are magical enough to have a sense for it, but not magical enough to be actually magical should be valued as mechanics and mechanical operators, because they can "feel" how things work.

Level 5
Why don't we come up with a completely original form of magic, something that either isn't used much or is a completely new idea... For example the elements are like invisible threads and you have to weave them in such a way to do certain things... This would allow for error and something completely different to happen... Or maybe like runes written on ones body poses the power of a certain magic which in turn gives the user the ability of the rune... Another example could be just a simple artifact like a ring posses an essence of ice for example which gives the wearer the ability to manipulate or create ice...

Level 8
Why don't we come up with a completely original form of magic, something that either isn't used much or is a completely new idea... For example the elements are like invisible threads and you have to weave them in such a way to do certain things... This would allow for error and something completely different to happen... Or maybe like runes written on ones body poses the power of a certain magic which in turn gives the user the ability of the rune... Another example could be just a simple artifact like a ring posses an essence of ice for example which gives the wearer the ability to manipulate or create ice...
wheel of time? :O
And i think that being born with the gift of magic would actually add to the story

Level 23
It would be TOTALLY illogical for a certain race to exist together with a non-magical race, becouse in early ages, the magical ones would've slaughtered the non-magical ones, just like the sapiens did with the Neanderthals, and the Sapiens weren't even magical! No, it must be learned! Further, how about having all sorts of totally different techniques for different magics?

And Magic HAS to be complex, else everybody could find out how to work with it XD

Edit: An idea has spawned from the electrical circuit that is my brain: Every person has their own weapon, resembling who they are in magical terms, the weapon shapes do not realy matter atm, but it can be anything, anyway, these weapons are invisible, and can be summoned, and can't hurt things from that specific world (except magic), the weapons are summoned by focussing on the weapon, and shaping it with your hands in quick, striking movements for hard things (such as the poles, or the cutting blades) and slow, flowing moves for softer parts (for example the whole of a whip except the handle) then, they grab the weapon out of the air, right where them made it, and then, they make ritualistic movements, but the only thing they're doing is cutting open a way to one of the magical worlds, where they can draw their energy from, in other words, the weapon can only cut a portal which can be passed by both magic and object, but it is not adviced to go in there, as magic is in a chaotic state there, and would tear you apart as soon as you enter, further, after the portal is made (which is also invisible) they throw away their weapons, which disapear as soon as they let go, (realy, not just invisible) and then they pull out the magic with their hands (just away from the portal, if they do this uncarefully, they might lose their fingertips through the portal) and they can controll it, so it isn't in such a chaotic state anymore.
Also, instead of taking out the magic, they can also put their weapon in it (the invisible one) to make it physical, however, it can't cut holes anymore then, and you'll have to break the weapon to make it disapear, so you can summon it in it's invisible shape again.

So, what do you think? (except for it lacking paragraphs XD)

Last edited:
Level 5
Yes mato wheel of time... But dark i think that that would be to slow... Defeating the entire purpose of it... For example a text fight...

Fighter A: *Begins summoning his weapon*

Fighter B: *Grabs his sword*

Fighter A: *Finishes summoning his weapon and starts to do the ritual*

Fighter B: *Puffs on a cigarette for a while*

Fighter A: *Summons the portal and starts calling out the magic*

Fighter B: *Cuts down fighter A with his sword*

This would completely eliminate all the effects of magic unless on a larger scale such as a war to create large oblivion...

Level 23
I've tested the movements, if you use two knifes, the time it takes to create the weapons, grab them, open the portal, throw the knifes away and pull magic out of it takes 3 seconds.... It doesn't need to be a detailed movement, just, the more detailed you do it, the better the portal will be and the stronger the spell... for example, you only need to depict the part you'll open the portal with, with your hands, if you use two knifes, you'd start with your arms in an X shape, and pull them down, so half way, it's like this: ^ and eventually like this / \ Then you have two knifes above eachother ^^, pointing with the points at eachother.

Level 35
Magic is essentially "the nuke" or "artillery", it is not meant to be used for "QUICK! STAB!" that is what a sword, or gun is for. There are small low damage spells one might wield, but magic in general is for major events, that require 'scientific' calculation.

Much like it takes calculation for a gunner to plot the right area for his artillery shot. (that is my thoughts on magic anyway)

Magic should be a learned science. Simple > Medium > Complex, with genetic factors that make people good in some parts, and lacking in others.

Level 24
Places where technology is affordable will be massive and grand. Hydraulic machines, after all. They can be made huge, so they will be.

Level 8
technomagic would have to be implemented in everything, and then we would still have more magic than we want, and that wouldn't turn out the way we imagined it, i think the smartest way to go is: a few people around the world that have been blessed by an angel or whatever with the gift of magic, some of them might form clans/schools and try to pass it down, but second hand magic would be much weaker than 1st hand magi, and would have lots of limitations

Level 35
Why not just do it LOTR fashion...get rid of 'magic' entirely like Gath said, and replace it with a simple knowledge of nature, and how to wield it.

Gandalf can shoot lightning out of a staff, and create light...but he still uses candles, and rides a horse.

Level 5
You can't just eliminate Magic... That's the entire reason half these rps are so good... Because they mostly revolve around something magical... Think about it... And i think that it shouldn't be just a nuke or a artillery... That's all fine and dandy and hey some people can use that as their main magic thing...

What if we had something like a base element everyone controlled for example...

Earth... You can completely manipulate it however you can think as long as its not to extreme...

Just like leave it completely open ended... I know you guys were trying to steer away from it but i think the more you leave it open the better it will be...

Level 23
Do note, that earth is the most versitile element in existance, it contains all kinds of sands and rocks, and if you get to controll it, and compress the sand with very high pressure (making it hot at the same time) it might actualy shape into something way harder (diamond?) and well... you could easily make the best weapons and armour in the world...

Status
Not open for further replies.