• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Roleplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Well Kamir that is how Darjis came to be :D. I just sat down one day with ideas swimming in my head and created it.

Hmm you are an ok drawer. Maybe draw the land later, but I don't really know.

Level 7
May I think of some races? Yeah I know I went overboard with the werewolf dragon mix. But I can think of some atleast significant races.

Level 14
I was thinking a lot of humanoids but no to wierd things like dracons or something. And what do you mean by Dark Fantasy. Also we are in brainstorming so just throw in whatever you can think of be it a race or lore or other.

Level 35
Dark Fantasy is just like another world, that just has other races, creatures and world, most of the time there is no to a little bit of magic. (for example, Kumai is an example of a Dark Fantasy world)

Oh...I was thinking like 'God figure person thingy > demon/angel > mortal races > beasts' sorta diablo like world. With cathedrals, and haunted towers :D And magical knowledge imparted by angels and demons that you serve under. All perhaps with some Van Helsing like properties.

You know..."Gothic Fantasy". Lots of different evil characters you could play there. And lots of background history you could have for each character, and it is so gritty and cool!

You could actually have a tragic background that doesn't sound cheesy, with gruff gun wielding warriors, and soft spoken magical priests imbued with angelic knowledge, or witches and warlocks possessed by demon powers, with the bones of innocent children hanging in the trees before a grey stone court yard riddled with dead black trees, the mournful bells sounding the knell of your funeral as you walk into the abandoned chapel to smite the fallen priest who lies therein.

You could even get into the more mature, and thought provoking themes, a roleplay with a moral to the story so to speak.

Level 8
GO GO DIABLOUESQE!
Maybe we should create more of a warhammer kind of world, gruesome, bloody, much like the good ol' times we call the dark ages, *evil grin*

Level 8
IE: You'll fight real bad guys. Not cheesy ones.

you callin' me cheesy?! I'll show you what cheese is!
THIS IS CHEESE
cheese-af.jpg

:O
now srsly we wantz moar realism in this world,i.e. MOAR BLOOD AND GORE!

Level 35
Magic would be limited in this roleplay idea, since magic would come from being taught about it by angels or demons. And what the learner can teach to the generations below (which would probably 'lose its pureness' as it went, and get less and less powerful)

"It is very old magic...and very powerful...Not like the mingled and muddied spells discovered by mortals."

Though occasionally someone will come up with something brilliant that even Angels didn't think of.

---

Slightly off topic, but an idea: What ever God figure there is in the story would probably be 'subtle' in its workings.

Like:

"An Angel and Demon are fighting for the soul of a person for their own ends, causing a big racket, and God sneakily moves a tree root to trip the person so he'll fall and look up and see some simple thing like a spider web and have an epiphany."

He wouldn't be as 'noticable' as Etheriel essentially, though I want a god sorta person in their for consistency in the lore I would make. And it would likewise, help out with 'realism' if I can't just 'summon the powers of Etheriel' and obliterate the opponent...I found it kinda 'meh' when I did it.

Basically: With a subtle (but active) God figure, you can't pull and Etheriel. And with magic being limited to knowledge and magic having a "degrading" effect the further it is away from the original teaching (exceptions being brilliant spells made by mortals occasionally), all but the oldest magic is limited, and the oldest magic would be hard to get, and even harder to use, let alone master. Thus forcing the roleplayers to be "realistic".

Though you might be able to play as an Angel or Demon, but then you would be subject to being "broken" or exorcism, and banished back to Heaven or Hell, or even trapped, and chained to the mortal realm (like in Diablo).

And also, not everyone would be able to use magic, since it would require a rather high level of intelligence to be able to match in some measure the cunning of an Angel or Demon. And magic won't always be effective since it would require some preparation or thought before hand. Minus some less powerful spells that might have the same effect as shooting a man made gun (levels the playing field of magic/non magic).

I could also draw some maps and things, I have a tablet :D

Level 35
Brilliant idea, a balance of magic/tech, in a dark gritty setting.

Unfortunately I'm not knowledgeable on tech ideas (and I don't want to reveal what is in my novel), hmmn...lets see..

What about something that is similar to the "potato lamp", where you hook up your machines to a kind of plant? The plant could have some negative effects too, if anyone has any ideas.

Level 23
Hmm... First, we need to see what kind of stuff it is that has the energy, will the energy thingy be... (I know energy isn't realy physical, but I can't realy find a substitute word atm) for example, in hydrolics it's the fluid that powers the things, in wires etc. it's the 'lightning' stuff.

I was thinking, how about some odd fluid that emits light, that is basically the life-blood of the plant you talked about, as a positive effect? It's better than steam XD, negative effect? It is extremely cold, and if mixed with the opposite fluid (if we are going to use more energy giving materials) that comes from another plant, which mostly grows close to eachother, it will compress everything within 8 meters, into a small seed-like object, which is basically the seed for one of the two plants.

Plants:
Dislai: A beautifull plant, that is about 1 meter tall when at full length, it has on average 3 fruits which emit a beautifull red light, the juice of this plant contains massive amounts of energy, but is also extremely cold. (do not mix the juice with that of the Golniji)

Golniji: A beautifull plant, that is about 1 meter tall when at full lenght, it has on average 3 flowers, which emit a beautifull blue light, the juice of this plant contains massive amounts of energy, but is also extremely hot (do not mix the juice with that of the Dislai)

Level 35
I was thinking more like a tiberiumish plant, something that is deadly/pretty, (though not tiberiumish in how it spreads or whatever)

Like, a vine that grows in certain areas that has an "electric eel" like effect. But it is highly poisonous, or causes cancer like problems, or is mutagenic, or acts as a nerve agent...in addition to shocking a person to death.

But if handled carefully...and harvested correctly, can be used as an energy supply.

It needs a fearsome name though. Like "Nightshade" only...different. Something to match the grim-dark theme. And if it grows like a vine, there are all sorts of neat things you could do with it for 'danger' zones.

Like a ruined graveyard wrapped in the stuff...very dangerous.

Level 23
Well, the mutagenic effect should then be whole-bodily, and sometimes even positive, further, there needs to be another kind of plant, for example, one with big leaves, that can stop the negative effects (like a shield, or isolation), how about mixing our ideas? A vine that emmits a kind of light, and this light, that is the dangerous stuff (the mutagenic rays)

Level 35
Well...I was trying to keep with a more realistic/dark setting for the plant.

It wouldn't be called 'mutagenic' due to the setting. Local people would probably find its use to be highly cursed, even though its extremely useful.

"Te' vine, t'at grows upon te' grave stone, te'ch it not, lest ye be cursed to have ye' bodeh' rot 'traight off ye' bones, and ye' flesh become an abomination of what it 'wance was. But alas, te' plant be a useful reagent for powering tos' new fangled machines tat' te' lords of te' manor use to build ter' weapons, and vehicles."

(something a peasant woman might say concerning the plant)

The plant could emit a light, but the light itself wouldn't be mutagenic I think.

The plant is essentially an electric eel, only it is a plant. The plant would be poisonous to the touch, and cause alot of damage, like cellular decay (mutation being added to that), and electric shock. Perhaps due to all the minerals and stuff that are in the plant to make it have such an electrical charge anyway.

There wouldn't be an 'antidote' plant for this one, although a priest or doctor may use other plants and medicines to cure it. (which would have been discovered by then due to the 'need' to counteract this problem when use of the plant became more apparent)

Though in large doses and without fast treatment, you'll probably die of the shock, or the cellular decay.

Which, it doesn't quite need to be 'mutagenic' it could just be highly poisonous to the body. Like a nerve agent. (think jelly fish)

Level 23
well, radiation is oftenly put together with a glow... so the plant could glow XD, and... mutagenic stuff is often either rays or a substance, so... the light could be faint, so that it only has effect on you when you get into touching range?

Level 14
A plant... that sounds kind of idiotic why can't we just have the classic lantern or candle or something, and yall are getting way into diablo stuff. Though its a good idea it might not hold up very well in the long run. I don't think we should.

Level 24
A plant that is rare, poisonous even to the touch, but a potent magical catalyst. "Machines" will be powered by hydraulics/pneumatics that are controlled by the manipulation of these plants' energies, which will be manipulated by a series of valves, dials, and levers. It will be outrageously expensive of course, because of the extreme difficulties of handling the plants and keeping them fresh until they can be treated for use, and also because of the the nature and general scale of hydraulic machines.

Level 8
technology-wise, think steam punk with a dash of plant juice in stead of steam :D, i alrdy haz a character in mind lawl
EDIT:Somehow extracting the plants' seed and planting it on a farm, and having a machine that is able to extract the power from it, and "bottle it" for use someplace else could make things much easier.

Level 24
I don't think that's quite how the chemistry of batteries work, but if the plant juices are acidic, that makes it that much harder to handle them. And they need to be handled in glass, which would need to be handled gently also, lol.

Level 23
And very hard science will be hard on the rp, as magic will be very limited too then probably..., and the whole clue behind the new material, was to make something that could greatly influince the way they would go, if we go and apply normal science to it, it'll turn out about the same as now, but then with faster development -_-'

Level 14
OK I am open. Thinking about it for a while I became interesting. I believe we can start to brainstorm now that we know our general topic. I am writing info on the demon angel thing it thats ok.

Level 14
I was planning that but not anything to weird. Like no dracons or something. Not using normal fantasy names ether maybe like something like an elf but not called an elf.

Level 14
I've never played Final Fantasy 10 so I have no idea about it but the final fantasys I have played were epic but I don't know how that would work explan more.

Level 14
Sorry about my lack of posting I have had a lot of things going on lately with school and everything. Also sorry about the lack of no angel/demon stuff I will get to that again when I have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.