• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New MPQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I think that new cliffs would be incedible.
I count to include starcraft models,models of UTM,director cut models of hiveworkshop,
beatifull ubersplats,new lightnings,some hight quality attachements with small size. new spell effects models and new projectile models

Level 7
It's been thought of way long long ago. No one has done it because no one wants to use an new mpq that will probably get them banned from ladder on multiplayer. I found a russian mod program way back that loaded an new mpq before the wc3 one but it was junk because it got me banned from ladder. The only way a mpq would make sense would be if it was to run for singleplayer or a new warcraft 3 without bnet but even then it's not much of a plus cause theres no limit to singleplayer maps anyway.

Plus people just don't realize that 8 megabytes is extremely huge. After you cut down your imports sizes the right way you will probably realize most worthwhile models aren't very model size expensive at all.

Level 14
This is not a mod for Bnet but for single player and local connection and I Count to inport only small models.
when I talk of new cliffs models I think to remplace blizzard ones so it is not a big waste of space. a new ubersplat does not take many place because it is only one texture.lighting take always less space that ubersplats.There is already starcraft based maps who take 4 mb so there is small sc models.ultimate terraining take 8 mb of space so finaly it will not make a so big mpq. and anyone have hundreds of 20099 MB maps the space is not a problem now with the new hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.