• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Members!/Introduction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well, I'm really happy that a lot of people have been joining recently. I've created this thread to welcome new joiners to the group.

This thread will also serve as an intro thread. Tell us about yourselves and do tell us if you have any melee map/altered melee project. We would love to know!

Level 28
Hi I'm SonofJay, I love making melee maps but have no time lately due to College stuff. I hope you can help me guys. xD

Anyway I can also terrain and do trigger stuffs.
104.gif

Level 1
Hi, Im FinalMix! Been doing quite a big melee map with a mix of RPG and I am proud of it. Nice to meet you all of here!

Level 13
hi iam Michael "TaShadan". Iam a former broodwar player (played 10 years) and i played nearly every other available rts. Iam fairly good at balancing, but my mapping skills are low and iam terrible at terraining. My only project is my altered melee mod http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/warcraft-2-5-beta-v0-9-a-203503/ where i tried to bring back oldschool rts feeling to wc3, after i got bored of scbw and was very dissapionted about sc2.

Level 6
Ok I am Joshua (iChaos@Hive;iChaosXlayer@most ofthe games I play)

I like melee maps, altered melee maps as long that the terrain is strategical, and the idea of the map is interesting enough to attract me (Just like PoC). Also, I like balances.

I once created an altered melee map featuring a demi-hero/powered unit for every race (they have 4 abilities and high base dmg + hp) tho I lost the map!!! (Corruption during save + power shutdown/blackout)

AND now, I am creating other type of maps because of that xD

Level 5
kk, understood Ken-E :p
@sono: Well, you cant create something completely new/different from the existing factions if you want to make the gameplay balanced. You always need forge unit, casters, heavy melee, siege units, heavy air and so on, because else the factions won't work properly.

But for Naga I'm already developing a very unique gameplay concept. But they have to wait a bit for inclusion until the Bloodelf and Fel Orcs are finalized :)

Level 6
Intro

Hello!
I am Sarah G A T E. I am a World Editor's girl. I love to make a melee map and cinematic map. But I am noob at making spells. My terraining skills are high level. Maybe I can help you in decorating your map with my awesome terraining skills. The terraining skills come from imagination. Try it. You can make it! I am 14 years old. I am Malaysian. I have a bad english so please correct it if I am wrong. Nice to meet you! ~PEACE :ogre_haosis: ~
Extra info!

I share this acc. with my brother,so...that's all! :ogre_kawaii:

Level 5
Ello, I consider myself a *retired* pro, for I played in professinal tournaments. Such as the zotac cup (9 wins), and WCG (almost 2 wins :D) - World Cyber Gaming. You can fnd a huge amount of information here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/introductions-360/welcome-retired-pro-226872/ for Aeroblyctos has sucked most of the information out of me.

You can find everything you want to know about my zotac days and WCG information using that link to the thread.

But anyways, you won't be seeing me making any maps at all. (Although I have made some of my own.) But I can give you a decent review for melee maps and altered melee maps. So if you need beta testers let me know. :D

P.S. Thanks to sonofjay for inviting me to the group.

Level 5
If you look at the thread you would know this. :D Although it was a secret... my name was "Ghost.zeroX" but thats not what I went by. So you really still don't know. HA. :D

Level 4
Hi, I'm darkceus, call me in any way you want (but in other games, people call just call me 'dark', the name being peculiar and all), and I have just started making melee maps (though I have studied making it way before), but I'm also a fairly good writer, so if ever you are interested in hiring me for a map, you can just PM me.

Level 3
Greetings, people. I am Rumplestiltskin, best known as Stiltskin or Steelskin. I'm not new in the mapmaking community, but I am new to this site. Well I always enjoyed makeing custom maps and stuff, but I never did something good. The thing is a have an idea of what can be a good gaming experience at an altered melee warcraft 3 map.
As a former player of warcraft 3, and an actual player of DotA; I must admit both controlling only a hero and controlling a full army, is a ton of fun. So, my idea is to mix them, creating a melee map with this characteristics:

-2 opposing factions.
-1 neutral faction.
-One player raises and controls only an army, the other one levels and controls only a (customized) hero

For the custom heroes I want to focus on the AoE spells and something like dota, with the objective of destroying one special building/thing, with a super powerful ancient like Roshan, and neutral creeps that spawn every minute.
The neutral faction represents a non-hero based player, that can't harvest gold and earns it per second and form selling items and mercenaries to the other factions.
It's still a virgin and fresh incomplete idea. I hope you can help me a bit with what the f""k I can put to this map.
I'm really not good at the World Editor, but wisdom comes with time. To start I want to make a melee map with the gameplay of heroes separated from armies, with the regular warcraft 3 heroes, just to try out if the project is even viable or fun to play.
I'd love to hear your opinions. Dammit I nedd a pic

Level 13
Had a similar idea several months ago :D But i have to time to do it. Good luck!
Btw you could make it zone control like. So the commander player can conquer zones with certain resource and unit buildings and the hero players can play like in dota.

Roland

R

Roland

This group is so damn Inactive..

Here it is..

Name: Allen Escarlan Peralta
Username: iAardvark or Roland
Birthday: October 15, 1997
Hometown: Veronica's court, Santa. Lucia, Fairview, Quezon City
Level/School Year: 4th Year - Saint Joeseph [CURRENT LEVEL]
Religion: Half Jewish - Christian
Music: Jazz and 90's Rap
Projects in Warcraft III: NONE
Personal Life: I'm a Friendly person in any Location >,> and Studies Mild Proffesional Pixel graphics.
Fav Games: Spore, Manhunt II, Warcraft III, Stronghold (All Packs) and GTA:SA
WE Skills: Rookie (Not good in Triggering scripts for the game :<)
Friends in real life: Jeric, Dave, Christian, Alvin, Kyla, Alyssa and More... :)

Level 3
Hi I'm Ugrilainen, I dont know how to make maps but I run a league who hosts ffa tournament and i run a bot which autohost 250 games per day of FFA so I am always looking for new maps.

I will review any maps i find interesting and make those I find ffa friendly being hosted on my bot and played by ffamasters.net league.

My review will focus on the balance, the overall fun to play a map and the balance of item dropping.

thks everyone for your good work and thks for inviting me in this group

Level 3
Well Hello i am Halo99 :D Im pretty good with triggers and awesome with unit customization. Not good in terrain. Fairly good beta tester. I am trying to possibly make a small tourny group maybe even a clan and to help on making a map :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.