• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 21
The victory trigger does not fire on 1.31, but is ok on 1.30. Also, the Deathbreeze and Cliffhunter green colors appear to be swapped.

Kind of difficult map, though hard to keep challenge up with dragons at the player's fingertips now, understandably. The Dwarves really do their best to counter them with Gyros and Riflemen. The gold mines blowing up is hilarious :thumbs_up:

I like how when Gran shows up all skeptical still and Amari is like can you please just chill dude, why are you being such an asshole? And IMO she's right because generally Amari is aiming for the right goal and her methods really aren't nearly as underhanded as nearly every other faction leader. And it's not like Gran ever stopped to ask about the history with Sasrogarn either, he just assumed he should get an equal shot at chieftan for zero good reason.

I feel like Amari is being done dirty in this rewrite, but at the same time SOB was a very feel-good story. Also, it's an engaging part of the story to know she is being treated unfairly unknowingly because of her proximity to Inara, who functions as a poison pill to anyone around her. I hope she gets a decent resolution, but I'm beginning to suspect True Story Dominion end is going to be full of unresolved frustration beyond it simply forming in the first place. I hope I'm wrong, but that's a personal preference re: the story.

The end is mostly not what I thought, though Sas's fate is to be expected and it was more interesting than I anticipated. The Gorthog plot all the way back to Ephrog's conversation really is all tied together, which is great writing.

The setup with Gran appears to have them saying to chill through the current conflict and they'll talk later. I feel like that basically means the Gorthog/Gran plotline will not progress anymore in the True Story since we are this close to the end and all that's left is Redfist, but I really want to be wrong again.

EDIT: Ok thinking through it a bit more, I do hope Amari has a big brain play accounting for Inara. Now that Sasrogarn is dead already, I wonder if Inara will essentially replace him in the Birth of the Dominion interlude and gets outplayed/disposed of. I'm probably just coping since I'm an obvious Amari stan.

Last edited:
Level 27
Well, I technically beat it on 1.31, but the trigger doesn't fire, so I booted it up again on Easy and rush through super fast with whosyourdaddy and it works. Perhaps the Falcon or some hidden/dead units interfered with the trigger queue?

Anyway, review time. I'll do the gameplay review from the perspective of my original run.
  • Starting off the level, I got excited by the abundance of gold mines...until Orgen set them ablaze. I stretched my force too thin and didn't mobilize in time, so the Dwarves overrun my base. I had to try again.
  • The next attempt was much successful, and actually turned out to be the winning run. I utilized the powerful Magis to push their bases, Shockwaving their towers and Hexing their Thanes/Mountain Kings. At my expansion, I constructed a series of Cannon Towers and Watch Towers to defend myself from Orgen and the Falcon Regiment.
  • Gran's timing was impeccable, as his Harpies and Bloodhounds provided solid DPS to cut through the Dwarves' base faster when my Magis ran out of mana
  • At some point, Inara's base succumbs to the Dwarves' air raids. She's more useless than Sas.

WC3ScrnShot_111323_104710_03.png

- This specific Bonehunter survived super long into the mission. My headcanon is that he was one of the OG Bonehunter all the way back from Act 5, Chapter 1. I called him Garry. He fought valiantly and sacrificed to defend my base from a Falcon Regiment attack wave. R.I.P.

WC3ScrnShot_111323_105204_04.png

- Later on, I decided to go for War Zeppelins, since the Dwarves' structures were close to trees where their Bloodstone Elites can't path to hit my air units. I used Sasrogarn's base as my staging ground and...he got so fucking pumped that he actually LED the charge, wreaking insane havoc while my Zeppelins sniped their key structures.

WC3ScrnShot_111323_110855_05.png

- Kinda sad that we barely have any extra hidden creep camps or loot, even when I checked with iseedeadpeople, but a win is a win.

WC3ScrnShot_111323_112648_08.png

• Sas was paranoid that Amari might kill him, but decided to trust Inara, an even wilder card. Damn.
  • Based on how Amari said to Orgen that he could just shoot Sas, I believed that she didn't actually want to kill Sas unless forced to. I think she just have disdain for him, wants him out of the picture, but just doesn't care how. She's just tired of this political bullshit, is what I'm reading.
  • Gran is suspicious of Amari even more, and even tries to protect Sasrogarn by making him stay away from Amari. Little did he know, that brought him even closer to Inara's hands, which is worse. She did a Scar-to-Mufasa maneuver, kicking him and his wolf down the mountain, right when he started to become useful again. Asshole.
  • She mentioned how Rath also thought she was on his side, which implied she wasn't on his side in the first place. A Dish Best Served Cold was an elaborate set up, to kill him after using him to wreak as much havoc as possible. Her retreat was not due to goodwill, but as a blatant betrayal.
  • As for Orgen, the Bloodstone used him as bait, to set up the explosives, while sending a Flying Machine to extract him. None of the Converters were interested in shooting it down for...reasons. Thankfully, Amari survived with barely a scratch, probably thanks to her Shadowbound mastery, but immediately earned more suspicions from Gorehowl.
  • The way I see it, Inara is having her own aim, which aligns with Amari's, so they leave each other alone, despite the mutual distrust. Inara can do the dirty work for Amari, but Amari will take the blame most of the time. Hence the reason why Amari was tired, and showed some emotions, as aforementioned, during her talk with Orgen.
  • And then a wild Gorthog appears, and guess what? He blames Amari also, for conspiring with Inara, despite them having just met recently. Still, he has a valid point, and at least the Gnolls are now aware of Lokar's fate.
  • He mentioned he had to remain patient, and continued his hunt for the time being. What will he hunt for, I wonder. Krogar the Conqueror and his underlings? Will we see a three's company, with Largoth (Aedale/Krogar) on one side, Redfist on another side, and Gorthog (Tamed Moghtar/Fishmen) on yet another? I'll be here to find out.

Level 17
Well, somehow I managed to end the mission and see the ending cinematic, so is review time:
  • Can we agree that Sasrogarn is a fool to ask for help to the last orc he should trust? Idiot, he deserved what happened to him. Fool.
  • I was expecting to finally kill that bastard Orgen, but the plot twist was unexpected. Damn Bloodstones and their damn explosives, next time I will tear Orgen's skin and launch him to the wolves.
  • Inara is such a mysterious character in all ways. Honestly I'll feel bad and satisfied if she dies, but she's a dangerous foe for the future humans in the dominion.
  • The gnoll king is becoming a nuisance for Amari's plan, and now with more reason. Perhaps is time for the gnolls to mourn the lost of their king?
  • And Gorthog just appear to inform Gorehowl about Inara's madness, and the possibility of Amari's hand on all of the events. Well, is not like I will feel bad for kill a Moghtar monster and an dog ruler... All is for the greatess good of the dominion.

I honestly love the big differences of the orc story line from the SOB to the True Story. I still hope the Ogres find a new ruler, and that we can destroy the Bloodstones as the dogs they are.

Level 5
Tbh I got a feeling that Inara acts behind Amara's back.
Well, somehow I managed to end the mission and see the ending cinematic, so is review time:
  • Can we agree that Sasrogarn is a fool to ask for help to the last orc he should trust? Idiot, he deserved what happened to him. Fool.
Well, I am pretty sure there wasn't a lot of persons he could trust anyway.
  • I was expecting to finally kill that bastard Orgen, but the plot twist was unexpected. Damn Bloodstones and their damn explosives, next time I will tear Orgen's skin and launch him to the wolves.
We still didn't get any proper chance to play as Bloodstone Dwarves IIRC. And I still should remind you that Dwarves have good reasons for killing Orcs.
  • Inara is such a mysterious character in all ways. Honestly I'll feel bad and satisfied if she dies, but she's a dangerous foe for the future humans in the dominion.
I think her actions are more dangerous for the Dominion itself.
  • The gnoll king is becoming a nuisance for Amari's plan, and now with more reason. Perhaps is time for the gnolls to mourn the lost of their king?
I mean, he isn't a chieftain of a tribe, he's a king.
  • And Gorthog just appear to inform Gorehowl about Inara's madness, and the possibility of Amari's hand on all of the events. Well, is not like I will feel bad for kill a Moghtar monster and an dog ruler... All is for the greatess good of the dominion.
Gorthog deserves better than that.

Level 21
He mentioned he had to remain patient, and continued his hunt for the time being. What will he hunt for, I wonder. Krogar the Conqueror and his underlings? Will we see a three's company, with Largoth (Aedale/Krogar) on one side, Redfist on another side, and Gorthog (Tamed Moghtar/Fishmen) on yet another? I'll be here to find out.
I'm starting to think The Red Night map is going to be getting a substantial overhaul, whether it be in gameplay and/or the the end cinematic. Redfist sister reunion? Gorthog and Murlocs appearance? Literally anything Aedale related? That map always had a lot of untapped potential that now can be a much bigger story catalyst!

Level 7
Won't miss Sasrogarn in the latest chapter, but I have to admit, I question if one day, Amari might just decide to find a way to get rid of Inara due to her backstabbing tendencies. The way I see it, sooner or later Amari will run out of internal enemies and thus I think Inara might do something that could end badly for the Orc-led coalition.

Level 12
Gameplay :: Normal difficulty, nothing too hard like the latest missions but can still punish you.
Nice to see that the focus on dwarven antiair and air units force you to use melee and ranged to a greater extent.

Story:: Dwarven explosives felt a little cheap but Inara, Gorehowl and Gorthog was very good at building tension.
Feels like an entire new arch that only partially connects with the old orc arch.
Will also be interesting to see how the falcon company reacts to Gardon and Amari teaming up.

Level 16
Cool new chapter! Seeing Sas's huge base, I was expecting a twist to fight against him. Or maybe a run for who kills the more Dwarves etc...
Whatever, I was wondering if you wrote a full script for the True Story or went a bit in impro'? I mean, Orgen made his first appereance quite early. Was everything about him already planned?

Level 7
I'm starting to think The Red Night map is going to be getting a substantial overhaul, whether it be in gameplay and/or the the end cinematic. Redfist sister reunion? Gorthog and Murlocs appearance? Literally anything Aedale related? That map always had a lot of untapped potential that now can be a much bigger story catalyst!
well that would be a lot of factions appearing in just one map. Hoping it would not lag units at some point

Level 20
Had a go at the latest chapter and i found it surprisingly difficult, I think ogre spam is a trap, especially considering they take up so much production and are neutred by the constant curse de-buff which you have no way to purge off. I opted for a Ogre Magi,Witch Doctor, Necrolyte spam with the front line made up of fanatics and ranged fanatics ( i don't remember their name). The map was hella hard to break, especially considering that Shar got devious with this one and made them with the same color and name so you have no way of knowing if you are attacking the structure of one base or another.

Ogren attack waves seemed easy enough at first until you Realize that Ogren is the only army he needs and will mow down anything with impunity Amari's miss aoe was vital on this map. The allies are kinda wonky they manage to penetrate deep within enemy lines and do damage but their bases suffer from the same fate as well when enemies attack.

Lore wise... Well Amari is doing Amari things, Inara continues to unalive fellow orcs (I am almost convinced she is a toy of the Wolf regiment by now) Gorthog and Grans conversation was...Interesting to say the least. Gran cant really do anything to Amari considering she now commands the loyalty of the majority of Orcs (exlude here Inara since her intentions are still a mystery) Ogres, Goblins , Dark Trolls and Centaurs but He may still provide an opposition voice in this new Tribal Dominion. Lets hope he doesn't get offed like the rest of Amari's opposition.

I like how when Gran shows up all skeptical still and Amari is like can you please just chill dude, why are you being such an asshole? And IMO she's right because generally Amari is aiming for the right goal and her methods really aren't nearly as underhanded as nearly every other faction leader. And it's not like Gran ever stopped to ask about the history with Sasrogarn either, he just assumed he should get an equal shot at chieftan for zero good reason.
Gran is right though, he knows that Amari wont stop at anything to achieve her goals, total domination of the Tribal Dominion and making them Brian's personal army. Gran is a king whose concerned is for his peoples well being. Sure Amari and the Orcs saved him BUT if the price he has to pay in return is the enslavement of his entire people...Yeah you can understand his attitude. After all he'd be switching one Master for another.
Most likely yes. Aedale role might get expanded ALOT in that map. And i have a hunch that while Darric might die the majority of his mercenaries might get incorporated into the new Black Thorn Mercenary Organization with Logan being the overall leader of the humans in that org.
I feel like Amari is being done dirty in this rewrite, but at the same time SOB was a very feel-good story. Also, it's an engaging part of the story to know she is being treated unfairly unknowingly because of her proximity to Inara, who functions as a poison pill to anyone around her. I hope she gets a decent resolution, but I'm beginning to suspect True Story Dominion end is going to be full of unresolved frustration beyond it simply forming in the first place. I hope I'm wrong, but that's a personal preference re: the story.
She isn't being done dirty her True colors are being shown. After all she is a student of Brian, and from what we have learned Brian's students have tendencies to do anything to achieve their goals, be it brainwashing, manipulation, killing, subduing etc and for one i feel like this variation of Amari has more depth to it. The SOB Amari was the generic redemption story with our Heroine being exiled and returning to make a comeback proving everyone wrong. This Amari show's that in order to survive she had to take deals, deals that fully changed her.

Level 21
Using these quotes as a springboard for a rant to discuss Amari - not trying to be rudely argumentative, but she's still prolly my favorite main character.

Gran is right though, he knows that Amari wont stop at anything to achieve her goals, total domination of the Tribal Dominion and making them Brian's personal army. Gran is a king whose concerned is for his peoples well being. Sure Amari and the Orcs saved him BUT if the price he has to pay in return is the enslavement of his entire people...Yeah you can understand his attitude. After all he'd be switching one Master for another.
Gran could have said "No, thanks" instead of saying yes, the Gnolls are populous and he has leverage in the negotiations. I agree he is concerned about enslavement because of their past so it does makes sense. Yet he doesn't voice his doubts directly, and instead becomes more and more of a paranoid weirdo about it that actively subverts his allies. Also we the audience know full well Amari has no intention of outright 'enslaving' her allies. At this point, he is seeing coincidences and it turns him into the schemer he accuses Amari of being, ironically.

She isn't being done dirty her True colors are being shown. After all she is a student of Brian, and from what we have learned Brian's students have tendencies to do anything to achieve their goals, be it brainwashing, manipulation, killing, subduing etc and for one i feel like this variation of Amari has more depth to it. The SOB Amari was the generic redemption story with our Heroine being exiled and returning to make a comeback proving everyone wrong. This Amari show's that in order to survive she had to take deals, deals that fully changed her.
She absolutely is being done dirty - the whole point of the story right now is to show that, because of poor timing and coincidence, Amari is being blamed for things she did not do. Even if she plays the intrigue game to get where she needs to be, she didn't have a hand in any of the chieftans' deaths but gets blamed for it since she had something to gain.

I understand she has been changed a little bit from SOB, but what has she really done that is so underhanded? She gave Grella an amulet ONLY AFTER fully explaining what it did and giving her the choice. The Dark Trolls already followed her willingly pre-amulet. What else? She has a guy preaching a better way of life, but it's not like some sinister spell or method she is using to mind control people, it's just a straight up better way and many people can see that and accept it.

She's curious about Inara's methods to control people, but that's a Catch-22. If she said: I don't know the real truth, but I don't believe you so it's exile/jail/death for you, then she'd just be accused of doing away with her opposition even more. And yet keeping her around equally raises suspicion. This is why Inara is probably the best addition to the True Story in my opinion, the chaos adds a lot of tension (that surely will have a payoff soon - save us Zairmak, you're our only hope).

She otherwise brought the Dark Trolls, Goblins, and Centaurs into the fold legitimately. She had the Bloodhand Clan saved that stayed in Lor, she had the survivors of the Orc Islands rescued, she rescued Gran to only ask for the opportunity of an alliance rather than demand one. She explicitly made it clear she did not intend to have Sasrogarn assassinated even after he had destroyed her life in the past. She has been a leader that rallied the faction to huge victories, which earns loyalty rather than stealing it. Again, what 'other deals'? She's not as bright-eyed as SOB, but Amari shows time and time again she at least tries to be good faith up to a reasonable point. That is miles ahead of Gardon who is about to be betrayed like he deserves for being myopic and straight up stupid. And yet his reward is he still gets to be the leader of the largest Human nation left on the continent, nice meme.

I get that in a harsh fictional world like this perhaps the point is don't bother being charitable because you won't get any charitability in return, but it's weird to me that some folks don't see Amari as somewhat charitable in the first place. It's obviously mixed heavily with her ambition, but even that's not so bad considering her ambition largely is 'a peaceful place to live for these displaced folks that I get to rule because I did all the hard work'.

I doubt it was purposefully written this way, but Gran holding Amari to such a high standard reflects some of the audience that does the same, looking for any reason to dislike her when we have actually been shown several times she's mostly doing her best and at least trying not to eff over others until entirely necessary. As opposed to Gardon who will go out of his way to and gets applauded for it.

The comment about Brian using them for his personal armies contradicts what we have seen in the short stories. Several times he makes it clear to Gardon and Amari that he can make suggestions but he wants them to have autonomy over how they run their kingdoms. Yes, he is helping prepare them against other larger powers, but this comes with a lot of positive externalities for normal people, mostly in the Dominion and sort of in the oppressive new Zyainor assuming you're the in-group there.

We see the word "shadow" and think wait, doesn't that mean it's the same as "sneaky and evil"? The script beats us in the head with people talking about shadow magic corruption. No, that's mostly only Gardon being Gardon... who is not corrupted by shadow magic, he's just a jaded asshole that is the product of a life of neglect. Amari and Gardon are two sides of the same coin, yes, but they adopted different paths with only slightly similar methods.

EDIT: Last thing, I am not above having my mind changed. If there's some reveal that reframes everything because we learn Amari somehow was the one to tip off Redfist and Bull Regiment then alright, I'll reconsider my stance. Even then, I find myself in the ends justifying the means camp re: the Orcs at this stage, but I'll at least admit Amari ain't sliced bread anymore. In any case, we have no indication this is true as of right now.

Last edited:
Level 20
Abit late in this response but finally managed to sit down and respond to it.

Gran could have said "No, thanks" instead of saying yes, the Gnolls are populous and he has leverage in the negotiations. I agree he is concerned about enslavement because of their past so it does makes sense. Yet he doesn't voice his doubts directly, and instead becomes more and more of a paranoid weirdo about it that actively subverts his allies. Also we the audience know full well Amari has no intention of outright 'enslaving' her allies. At this point, he is seeing coincidences and it turns him into the schemer he accuses Amari of being, ironically.

He could except he had a giant Pirate fleet and a order that brings lightning from the Skies right up in his borders trying to finish what Redfists started, so you see he was kinda stuck with Amari's deal especially when his fighting force was in disarray. When i say enslave i do not mean it in the first sense of the word Gnolls being locked in chains being forced to do manual labour. I mean that Dark troll type of enslavement, That Salana type of enslavement, that Larine type of enslavement. All Amari has to do is put a ''Leash around his neck'' From him to send his people to die in Brian's wars. Gran clearly has noticed how Grella reacts. I think he is justified on his thoughts about Amari. I mean the dwarfs had the same outlook on Gardon and refused to work with him after they noticed what Gardon did to Salana and Larine. So far non of his actions have subverted his allies though. He helped on the war with Salria and the Regiments and helped on the battle with Bloodstones. Hell his men even rescued a wounded Amari after the explosion. They could have left her there or even worse but a sword behind her back since she was abit stunned from the whole explosion.

She absolutely is being done dirty - the whole point of the story right now is to show that, because of poor timing and coincidence, Amari is being blamed for things she did not do. Even if she plays the intrigue game to get where she needs to be, she didn't have a hand in any of the chieftans' deaths but gets blamed for it since she had something to gain.
That is true, but her actions on Grella alone tarnish her reputation. To the point of other things happening around being blamed on you. You do not come with words of peace and alliance and end up putting a brainwashing leash on the neck of your ally that makes you abit of a (for lack of a better term) Dushbag.

I understand she has been changed a little bit from SOB, but what has she really done that is so underhanded? She gave Grella an amulet ONLY AFTER fully explaining what it did and giving her the choice. The Dark Trolls already followed her willingly pre-amulet. What else? She has a guy preaching a better way of life, but it's not like some sinister spell or method she is using to mind control people, it's just a straight up better way and many people can see that and accept it.
Mind control is mind control, the way you go about it in my opinion, doesn't really matter. She's trying to bring radical changes into a tribal society (keep in mind most of the Tribal dominion races are either tribal, nomadic type races, exclude here gnolls and the humans) remarkable indeed. But its not radical change for the betterment of Tribal Dominion, Its radical change to make them subservient to her and her Master. Good ol Brian has a grudge to settle with The watcher and he needs meat shields for it.

She otherwise brought the Dark Trolls, Goblins, and Centaurs into the fold legitimately. She had the Bloodhand Clan saved that stayed in Lor, she had the survivors of the Orc Islands rescued, she rescued Gran to only ask for the opportunity of an alliance rather than demand one. She explicitly made it clear she did not intend to have Sasrogarn assassinated even after he had destroyed her life in the past. She has been a leader that rallied the faction to huge victories, which earns loyalty rather than stealing it. Again, what 'other deals'? She's not as bright-eyed as SOB, but Amari shows time and time again she at least tries to be good faith up to a reasonable point. That is miles ahead of Gardon who is about to be betrayed like he deserves for being myopic and straight up stupid. And yet his reward is he still gets to be the leader of the largest Human nation left on the continent, nice meme.
Is it really good faith? Sure she did save all those races (excluding here the Goblins) but the very fact that Gran spotted her BS from a mile away the instant he met her means one thing, she's getting away with her methods because the other races chieftains are, for a lack of a better term, abit ignorant when it comes to politics. Gran isn't. About the Gardon part, i wont really discuss it, until we get to see the true story version of that chapter.

The comment about Brian using them for his personal armies contradicts what we have seen in the short stories. Several times he makes it clear to Gardon and Amari that he can make suggestions but he wants them to have autonomy over how they run their kingdoms. Yes, he is helping prepare them against other larger powers, but this comes with a lot of positive externalities for normal people, mostly in the Dominion and sort of in the oppressive new Zyainor assuming you're the in-group there.

We see the word "shadow" and think wait, doesn't that mean it's the same as "sneaky and evil"? The script beats us in the head with people talking about shadow magic corruption. No, that's mostly only Gardon being Gardon... who is not corrupted by shadow magic, he's just a jaded asshole that is the product of a life of neglect. Amari and Gardon are two sides of the same coin, yes, but they adopted different paths with only slightly similar methods.
We can sit here and discuss about the differences between Amari and Gardona all day long, and how they chose to run their respective domains but that wont matter that much. Point is up until now we have to signs that neither of the three ''Brothers'' can be trusted. Aridon by now is deluded he and he alone has the right to decide the fate of Arkain, Largoth is a schemer that wont stop at anything to achieve his goals and Brian well he might seem like the most sane and benevolent of the three BUT. Who taught Gardon and Amari the brainwash tricks. Logic would say that if his students can brainwash other creatures he too can brainwash. He isn't really good. I mean look at the three brothers each of them has their unique way to bound mortals to their wills. Largoth is a master manipulator, Aridon kills you and raises you as a unliving slave bound to his will, Brain puts a nice collar around your neck and makes you his drone. The only reason why he doesn't have such a huge dirty laundry list is simply because he is rather weak when compared to Aridon and Largoth but maybe maybe he being fused with a mortal might make him a tad bit different from his other siblings. That remains to be seen though.

To conclude this long post. I am of the idea that this new Amari is better than the old Amari. The old Amari being a generic heroine didn't set her apart from the rest of the cast of characters. This Amari though does set her apart from the rest AND thank god differs her from Gardon. Before we had a generic heroine student of Brian being compared to his other studen Gardon. This Amari however has alot more to show. In a way she's a better student that Gardon. While Gardon relies on strength first and foremost and after that on underhanded tactics Amari has become like her Mentor a specialist when it comes to subterfuge.

Level 21
Seems to me this all comes down to whether people like or do not like the idea of the Orcs changing. If Orcs need to be cliché Orc pillagers for you to like them, then Amari is going to be framed as evil. As I look at it through that lens, the 'divide' in the community becomes clearer. I'm glad newer Amari is appealing to that group more and it makes sense why: now her methods are (supposedly) darker which validates how they see her end goal as sinister. I preferred old Amari where I got my own good-to-good validation. But I still argue new Amari really isn't that dark at all and if she's supposed to be it's not shown enough yet.

I personally like the idea of a cultural change for the Orcs regardless of Brian's intentions, so I see her goals and methods way more charitably. I see Brian as the lesser of multiple evils and really not evil at all actually. If I'm stuck in a world where these 3 higher powers are fighting and there are 2 that absolutely would kill me callously for reasons outside of my control, then of course I'm chill with the 3rd's attempts to build me up against them. Because those other 2 aren't going anywhere.

It's questioned whether "being nice" is a good faith tactic in politics. What else is she supposed to do? This is what I mean when I say the moral standard for this character/faction is impossible to meet. But this comes back to what I said earlier: her end goal is not palatable to part of the audience, so they will rationalize her into being scummy where being nice is stealthily a bad thing because it's simply a means to an end... of which it ALWAYS is in real life too.

And it's not like she's behind the scenes showing that it's not genuine like 'ha these IDIOTS I actually hate all of them'. No, it's a mutually beneficial alliance for all of them and they all seem to have some baseline level of respect. But even if she actually did secretly despise them all, nations do not have friends, only interests. And it's in these factions' interests to stick together at this point. Even the Gnolls, or rather especially the Gnolls that had a one-way ticket to getting wiped out if not for the Orcs.

Grella is a big girl and chose to put the amulet on for reasons she understood. If that is the only major underhanded technique we see used, I really just don't see it as a problem or underhanded at all. If you take a mood altering drug and it changes your behavior, that's your responsibility assuming you understood the potential outcome when you took it.

EDIT: You know what, I choose to bite the bullet on this one. I don't even care how she does it, go ahead and mind control all those losers. The Orcs are way better off settled in Salria because they don't know what's best for themselves. The way they used to live was worthless and a function of being homeless for generations. Give Gran an amulet and kill the other doubters, let's go. Inara for Chief of Staff!

Last edited:
Level 9
In the original Second Orc Book mission, this mission have the off assassinate of Volarian while we kill Fox, so maybe this time we will fight against Redfist forces and after a trigger point we will control Aedale to assassinate Volarian. If this mission have that insane vibe of Pride of Empire i would love, altough i never have difficult in this mission

Maybe we will see Gorthog vs Krogar in the next True Story exclusive? i would love to see our King of Beasts that now i like him so much defeat the Krograr in 1v1, maybe this will make Lisara lose in the end? Or perhaps Krogar will be defeated and become a underling of Gorthog? I would love to see this, the Chieftain of all Moghtar.

Seems to me this all comes down to whether people like or do not like the idea of the Orcs changing. If Orcs need to be cliché Orc pillagers for you to like them, then Amari is going to be framed as evil. As I look at it through that lens, the 'divide' in the community becomes clearer. I'm glad newer Amari is appealing to that group more and it makes sense why: now her methods are (supposedly) darker which validates how they see her end goal as sinister. I preferred old Amari where I got my own good-to-good validation. But I still argue new Amari really isn't that dark at all and if she's supposed to be it's not shown enough yet.
I like treat them like a race, with culture, inteligence and organization like we see with elven, dwarfs, the same with the demons, altough we little know about how the demons were before the death of Demon God and how they are now. But this makes all races of Arkain more gray, all have his own ambitious, greatest mistakes in the war, fall, rise.

Level 20
But no i am not trying to categorize Amari as evil or good. She's morally grey (Amari of the true story) as all leaders should be. All i am trying to say that this version of Amari is actually far better than the old "heroine" one. One of the pitfalls of Blenn another character which started off strong but fell off later on was his Generic Heroic mantra. As soon as Gardon came into the picture Blenn was all but forgotten up until the point Shar decided to off him. Amari being the Leader of the second most powerful nation in Arkain also being the student of Brian fell short when compared to Gardon (which she would be compared to Gardon because they both are narrative movers in the series for their own races). This more morally grey Amari stacks up better when it come's to being compared to Gardon. Thats all i am trying to say.

I wont even bother arguing with the whole Orc society being forced to change. I have had more than enough debates with @Shar Dundred back in the past regarding orcs and how their story line should play.

You know what, I choose to bite the bullet on this one. I don't even care how she does it, go ahead and mind control all those losers. The Orcs are way better off settled in Salria because they don't know what's best for themselves. The way they used to live was worthless and a function of being homeless for generations. Give Gran an amulet and kill the other doubters, let's go. Inara for Chief of Staff
Dont talk about the Bearmen like that they aren't loosers they are simply abit slow when it comes to intellectual thinking :xxd::xxd:.

Level 6
One problem I have with orc redemption storyline is that we are told old ways of orcs are bad bcos their ways of raid, pillage, indiscriminate murder is wrong. But then redemption story involves invading Salria which is outright stealing lands from humans (again). Migrating mass number of orcs, and other races and settling them in Salria means you are displacing local human population with orcs. I think this goes against the idea of changing orc's old culture?

Or maybe Salria is a vast land where human population covers only 20 to 30% of the landscape so that orcs and allies can settle without displacing local human?
Or Shaar wants to mirror orc invasion of Salria as IRL viking invasion of Englands since vikings intends to settle at England with proper agriculture and to found nation instead of just raiding?
Maybe Salrians are IRL christian saxons who tried to repel vikings (who are orcs in the story)?

If that so, it would be pretty cool to see Tribal Dominion defeat arkain version of Alfric the Great.

By the way, i like how Bloodstone dwarves are portrayed as dangerous. They are not just human sidekicks here. They are dangerous, powerful on their own and actually do things. I get chaos dwarf of warhammer vibe from bloodstone. :D

Level 20

I personally like the idea of a cultural change for the Orcs regardless of Brian's intentions, so I see her goals and methods way more charitably. I see Brian as the lesser of multiple evils and really not evil at all actually. If I'm stuck in a world where these 3 higher powers are fighting and there are 2 that absolutely would kill me callously for reasons outside of my control, then of course I'm chill with the 3rd's attempts to build me up against them. Because those other 2 aren't going anywhere.

It's questioned whether "being nice" is a good faith tactic in politics. What else is she supposed to do? This is what I mean when I say the moral standard for this character/faction is impossible to meet. But this comes back to what I said earlier: her end goal is not palatable to part of the audience, so they will rationalize her into being scummy where being nice is stealthily a bad thing because it's simply a means to an end... of which it ALWAYS is in real life too.

And it's not like she's behind the scenes showing that it's not genuine like 'ha these IDIOTS I actually hate all of them'. No, it's a mutually beneficial alliance for all of them and they all seem to have some baseline level of respect. But even if she actually did secretly despise them all, nations do not have friends, only interests. And it's in these factions' interests to stick together at this point. Even the Gnolls, or rather especially the Gnolls that had a one-way ticket to getting wiped out if not for the Orcs.

Grella is a big girl and chose to put the amulet on for reasons she understood. If that is the only major underhanded technique we see used, I really just don't see it as a problem or underhanded at all. If you take a mood altering drug and it changes your behavior, that's your responsibility assuming you understood the potential outcome when you took it.

EDIT: You know what, I choose to bite the bullet on this one. I don't even care how she does it, go ahead and mind control all those losers. The Orcs are way better off settled in Salria because they don't know what's best for themselves. The way they used to live was worthless and a function of being homeless for generations. Give Gran an amulet and kill the other doubters, let's go. Inara for Chief of Staff!
I don't think it's so much about the pillager lifestyle as it is about people being suspicious and prepared for the worst. There is no doubt that Amari has not done anything that would warrant being called evil or anything like that. Her actions have mostly have positive consequences for all involved (except maybe the gnolls and obviously the humans). So the question ends up being her motives.
Of course, she may be completely earnest and truly want a peaceful change accepted willingly by the orcs and a strong dominion protecting all their races. But she's shown that she was extremely controlled (she never showed anything more than small banter with Sas despite her exile and she almost didn't react to Rangul's death). It can be a good quality but it also means that she could be faking a lot of things (whereas you don't really expect someone like Flammedus or Lokar, for example, to hide much). Thus, many people are suspicious of her.

Personally I don't believe her to be scheming devilous plots or anything like that, but I believe that if it push comes to shove and she has to choose between her vision and her allies, there are many who won't make the cut. And it's likely to come to that for some of them (though mainly Gorehowl now that Sas is dead) and I think Amari is too intelligent not to anticipate it.

Still I agree it is very premature to call her evil and Gorehowl's suspicions are a bit extreme. To the point that it's almost comical. Her just lying there after the explosion and Gorehowl going "how convenient for her" was really funny to me. I can just imagine a series of skits where Gorehowl spies on Amari going through daily acts and it only adding to his suspicions ("she's brushing her teeth... surely trying to hide a body by eating it" "She's making dinner... probably expecting someone to poison her." "She's taking a walk... probably preparing for an ambush")

This post is already too long so I'll wait for another post to give my review of the chapter.

Level 21
Her just lying there after the explosion and Gorehowl going "how convenient for her"
Actual LOL from me seeing you type it out like this hahaha thank you

Personally I don't believe her to be scheming devilous plots or anything like that, but I believe that if it push comes to shove and she has to choose between her vision and her allies, there are many who won't make the cut.
This is where I am at also, which feels like a reasonable place. I like her vision, so if an ally goes against it, they aren't really an ally anymore. The end goal and ruthlessly cutting off potential friends just don't jive, they're pretty much mutually exclusive. It's in her best interest to woo people by showing them why it's best for them to join up. Whether she's genuine or not doesn't really matter if it's actually in their best interest, like the Bears. I'm not really sure who even could be on the chopping block except for Inara, but even she has something Amari wants so she's probably safe for now (Inara for Vice Empress btw). Gran is at the very least alive in the post-True Story Drums in the South and no other leader shows any doubts.

Last edited:
Level 7
Honestly have to agree with you Jay. I find it unfair people see Amari as more evil or something; she's just doing what she believes is necessary for her people's survival, even if her detractors don't like it. On the other hand, I have to wonder if somewhere down the road, Gothmog and Gran Gorehowl will instigate something against Amari down the road just because they don't agree with her methods.

Then again, if any one leader grows powerful at a shockingly fast pace, there's always going to be people scared and suspicious of her.

Level 19
Ah so this is the part where Ariidon be either contemplating his Balance of Arkain or he be scheming to Back stab Gardon.

Either way, seeing this arse hole is the sign of danger. A dangerous revelation is coming...

Level 20
Strange, Aridon seems to be in the caves of the Undead Mountain instead of his Sanctum in the Splecir Nexus. Though considering the last time he got extremely angry, he threw Krom out, it may be for the good of his servants (between the rather timely shot of the Purificator, the betrayal of the Bonelord and the orcs' continuous victories, I expect him to be even more angry)
I wonder if he'll still have a conversation with the Dark one.

Level 21
I wonder if he'll still have a conversation with the Dark one.
I've tried to figure out where that SUB convo is meant to happen also because in theory it's part of the "true" timeline as the True Story campaign is technically him remembering the real events, kinda like the Books were his false dreams when he was asleep.

Because the official Timeline on the forum is currently unreliable/not entirely canon until Shar updates it, it's unclear when/why Aridon will go to sleep nor when he will wake back up. In the old forum timeline, he doesn't go to sleep until post-True Story:

1700232478317.png

Note in this old timelines, he doesn't peace out until 7 Z.R. Again, this is no longer canon as there are obvious differences happening now, but we can make some educated guesses. It seems to me that Aridon is on track to go to sleep soon-ish rather than waiting 7 years so that the Undead fracturing can happen as part of the finale.

In theory, he wakes up at some point in that 20 year interbellum that a lot of the short stories cover, has his convo with Tregakh about how the Book timelines were all false dreams, and gets the truth via recollecting the True Story of Arkain, which we are playing through currently.

I had a crackpot theory in the past how some specific changes in the True Story (cough Inara cough) are indicative of Tregakh's meddling since they were explicitly missing from the original visions of Aridon in the Books' false timelines. We've been teased with incoming revelations, which might very well be whatever True Story stuff exists mostly just to mess with Aridon that were kept hidden from his original Book visions by Tregakh.

So now as he's remembering the truth after waking up, he'll be like oh shit... But this would be an insane meta-narrative and I am unhinged even thinking of it tbh. But you know what, as I type this the more confident I feel that Inara is just straight up Tregakh:cool:2 but surely we'll find out whatever the truth is soon enough.

Anywho, there is a window where Aridon will go to sleep allowing the Undead to go wild n' out, he wakes back up and talks to Tregakh to remember the true story of the second void war, then starts meddling again a la The Fall of Kerrel short story.

And making another educated guess/stretch, it's quite the coincidence that there's this period of 20 years after the True Story partially fleshed out in short stories that is setting up another major conflict period... Arkain 2: Electric Boogaloo, it's ALL true this time! Who knows what the future plans for that are and in what medium Shar would like to share it in.

Last edited:
Level 20
And making another educated guess/stretch, it's quite the coincidence that there's this period of 20 years after the True Story partially fleshed out in short stories that is setting up another major conflict period... Arkain 2: Electric Boogaloo, it's ALL true this time! Who knows what the future plans for that are and in what medium Shar would like to share it in.
Indeed, the short stories all point to a major conflict revolving around Zyainor, with the end to the cold war with the remaining kingdoms, the new imperial invasion with possibly the return of the undead and the revenge of the dwarves. (While Sir Eodarus lays into the dominion)
While that sounds like a lot of fun, I hope we still will get to see a bit of the somewhat calmer transition period in gameplay. Maybe showing a few skirmishes or some short campaigns. Especially since it might mean more time where the undead aren't under the direct influence of Aridon and it would be very interesting to see that.

Level 20
I had a crackpot theory in the past how some specific changes in the True Story (cough Inara cough) are indicative of Tregakh's meddling since they were explicitly missing from the original visions of Aridon in the Books' false timelines. We've been teased with incoming revelations, which might very well be whatever True Story stuff exists mostly just to mess with Aridon that were kept hidden from his original Book visions by Tregakh.
But why would Largoth hit on Brian's team. So far Everything Largoth has done has hit on Aridon. All Inara does is kill other prominent Orcs which ends up empowering Amari, which is a good thing for Brian...Maybe your theory does make sense. After all after the demons have been beaten back i too think that Arkain will be engulfed in another war. Undeads in one side, Brian on the other side and the might of the empire somewhere in the middle. I guess by empowering Brian, Largoth weakens Aridon which i would presume would be the greater issue for him.

Level 21
Brian is still #1, I will die on this hill, he at least tried. Aveen got duped before Brian could get to her so it's Bye Felicia, no ragrets.

But why would Largoth hit on Brian's team. So far Everything Largoth has done has hit on Aridon. All Inara does is kill other prominent Orcs which ends up empowering Amari, which is a good thing for Brian...Maybe your theory does make sense. After all after the demons have been beaten back i too think that Arkain will be engulfed in another war. Undeads in one side, Brian on the other side and the might of the empire somewhere in the middle. I guess by empowering Brian, Largoth weakens Aridon which i would presume would be the greater issue for him.
Also, Inara being close to Amari means Tregakh would have a tool in position to act against Brian in the future while working against Aridon in the present. At the end of the day it's only my unhinged theory :)

Level 20
Largoth does not like Brian either.
Remember it was everyone VS Tregakh back then.
He just loathes Aridon the most.
I mean...For as little as he is shown he's abit...For lack of a better word...A Dick. I can see why the other three siblings decided to permanently unsubscribe him from the world of the living.

Also, Inara being close to Amari means Tregakh would have a tool in position to act against Brian in the future while working against Aridon in the present. At the end of the day it's only my unhinged theory :)
I am sold. I to believe that Tregakh decided to cross dress as an unhinge orc woman to stir up more drama.

Level 20
Just watched the latest interlude. Thought I might as well review the last chapter.

Bloody Sharpshooter :

Gameplay :
  • Solid gameplay. Allies don't need saving despite the Falcon Regiment which is great. Rather straightforward attack with allies and prepare for the Falcon's attacks. I like the warning that others will come when we face the first Falcon attack.
  • Orgen's blowing up of the mine was really funny. Thankfully, I first went to the only one he doesn't destroy in the south so I was fine (plus Sas was very happy to let me borrow his spare mine, I expected him to complain)
  • Didn't expect that many Bloodstones. Still they are no match against the assembled Dominion. Didn't even have to use dragons so I went with airships for the cannon towers.
  • I like Inara's army being a mixing pot of her spiders, Darkmind riders and Ironthunder high shamans. I feel like she could benefit from a few regular shamans when she appears in future chapters.
Story :
  • I really expected Orgen to die this time. Quite a resilient dwarf is he?
  • Well Inara took care of Sasrogarn. Unfortunately, there was almost any chance of him surviving this chapter. Still, I wonder if Inara's aim is to help Amari at least in the short term, or if she just wants to highten suspicions of her to turn on her immediately.
  • Gorehowl really is going hard on his intuition of Amari. Unfortunately, he may highten Gorthog's suspicions. Well, so long as they don't act during the conquest, the worst can probably be avoided.
Now on the latest interlude :
  • When Mordin asked Rahandir how the kids were, my mind immediately went to the ieda that Rahandir had children of his own that he took care of in between his role as Aridon's servant. Then I remembered that those were Renova's... but still, it would have been sweet.
  • Aridon is rather tame compared to the last time things didn't go according to plan. Surely it means he's learnt to overcome his anger, accepting that his vision is not perfect, that sometimes, things don't work out and that's fine... right ?
  • Damn, Tremalon is completely destroyed ? I wonder if Zairmak gained anything from his death, considering he was the leader of the Rasi, though I can't see Zairmak carrying this axe around. Was it destroyed ?
  • Amusingly, Aridon handles the reorganization of the Scarec nexus, but doesn't do anything about the Zirr. Wasn't Tremalon his leader ? How do the other Rasi react to his death ?
  • So Aridon plans to kill Guardon, not just cripple him and force him to retreat. I wonder, will Brian help him make it out alive, or will Saphira be rather "careless" in the betrayal ? After all, she is bound to Rahandir, not Aridon.
  • I wonder what business Aridon will attend to. Is he going to pass his frustrations on the cave orcs ?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Aridon is rather tame compared to the last time things didn't go according to plan. Surely it means he's learnt to overcome his anger, accepting that his vision is not perfect, that sometimes, things don't work out and that's fine... right ?
Minus the part where he wanted to kill everyone and their mother, grandmother and dog around Gardon.
Damn, Tremalon is completely destroyed ? I wonder if Zairmak gained anything from his death, considering he was the leader of the Rasi, though I can't see Zairmak carrying this axe around. Was it destroyed ?
The Zirr brought it back - the axe could be retrieved, the wielder not so much.
Amusingly, Aridon handles the reorganization of the Scarec nexus, but doesn't do anything about the Zirr. Wasn't Tremalon his leader ? How do the other Rasi react to his death ?
Zirr succession is actually quite easy, the remaining oldest Ras takes over.
As for Scarec... The main issue there is that their leaders are technically still around.
I wonder what business Aridon will attend to. Is he going to pass his frustrations on the cave orcs ?
Time might tell!

Level 12
Some feedback on the Interlude.
I wish I could have an angel watching over my kids ;) Nice setup for a second true story.

Like the Aridon changes, feels more relatable as a fallible being. Hope Aridon dont devolve into rambling madman.

Aveen feels like Van Durce who will probably not come out on top due to being manipulated by the Tregakh.
Overall a great way to heighten tension. Exited for next (undead?) chapter.

Level 17
Just watching the interlude:
  • It seems Aridon is... well, too shocked after the fail of the Bonelords. Glad that Loraine is with the children, at least a "thing like angel" will be better babysitter than skeletons or rotten corpses.
  • Rahandir, you can betray Aridon anytime you want. Take your undead and leave that fool archlich.
  • Well, It seems Aveen's fate is sealed right now. Foolish woman, honestly she thinks she's smarter than anyone, and yet she BELIEVED the "emperor" and his promise of peace with Gardon.
  • Poor Brian/Bharizeel, everyone blaming him for what happened to Gardon's behavior and yet the players know how Gardon was treated by Van Durce's family, his family.
  • So that is what she calls him "Thero"... Sorry Bloodclaw, but she will die on Salria.

Level 19
Lore experts here?

I still cannot understand why Gardon killed Salana Woodhunter (that Elven general from earlier chapters)?
Her mental state was too radical, making her behaviour overly agrresive to the people she deem to be a traitor to any cause she believed that was right.

Or in this case Iron fist Agenda's. This was due to the 3 Iron fist Elites asigned to watch over her. Because of them and the amulet she wore they manage to place some influence about traitors. They didnt expected her to be like this.

Gardon noticed this during the Golden Guard meeting and deem her to be unstable due to the effects of the amulet he gave to her after reclaiming the fort.

So in the end they had to execute her for reasons follow.

1.) They dont want any elf to know that they use mind control on one of their kind.
2.) Like I mention before her brain was damage and thus might jeprodize any follow up operations... Thats what they assumed. Compared to the 2nd human book.

Level 7
Well, if there's anything we can agree on: No one wants to blame a powerful, prestigious family like the Van Durces, and ironically enough it was a dark power that caused their downfall in Arkain. As for Aridon, no way I see him remaining idle; he'll backstab Gardon one way or the other, though not before making sure the Demons are driven back and Zyainor established; he ain't that stupid either.

Too many great regiments brought down, and those like Aveen refuse to see the reality that it was their very Emperor who sent them to their deaths. Largoth must be laughing his ass off on the other side of the ocean.

Level 17
Okay, new chapter, new review:

• Well, Aridon has a lot of luxury with him on this mission. "In order to show who is the true ruler, you need to do it with style".
  • Could be just my imagination, but it seems Aridon have a issue with EVERYONE, even with the servants of Prodageras.
  • Now Roghtil, or whatever your name is, you have my respect after said everything to your former master. I guess I'm not the only one shocked with this "chill chat".

With everything on the table, I can personally say that Aridon IS NOT DIFFERENT from his dear siblings - and he is the worst of them. Well, let's wait to the next chapter. I can wait to fight the Redfist scum.

Level 29
Lore experts here?

I still cannot understand why Gardon killed Salana Woodhunter (that Elven general from earlier chapters)?
Because Salana would never betray Renova, even if Renova was a spoiled and entitled queen.

Just played the newest chapter. Now we know that Aridon isn't exactly lying. The problem is that his mind has been warped, either due to Zindrach's explosive death, the centuries of recovering from said explosion or outside manipulation.

Level 7
"Poor" Aridon. Wrath is clounding his judgement. this chat with the bonelord was interesting. a lot of things to say.
-Aridon has ordered a genocide. It would be more human to let last arkainians die alone. I will give the benefit of the doubt because Rogthil is probably biaised and hasn't all informations.
-Even if a people was dying, kill all them stays a genocide.
-Aridon, a greatest mass murderer? I agree.
-Finally, someone questions the sense of balance. It would be nice if Aridon explains it. We would agree that balance is just an excuse.
-I guess that without anyone to question him, Aridon has become blind before his "stupidity". this dear bonelord says some truths.
-Yes, the Four were conquerers but it was a necessary evil. Even Brian says it.
-The boss fight was nice. Rogthil uses all his mana. if you survive, you can win if you uses well your spells?
-Amari has maybe done an error to emerge bonelords because Rogthil seems to want destroy the world.
-Last part, Aridon admits that Rogthil has said some truths on him.

Which brings up a few questions:
-Why having erased every trace of gods and arkainians?
-Aridon has really manipulated the dark one to commit his "misdeeds"? Knowing this guy, i wouldn't be surprised.
-Is the cumulative divine essence what freed the bonelord from Aridon's grip?
-Even with three gods, balance would be stable, wouldn't it? The dark one haven't any race under his control.
-Finally, what is this fucking balance that Aridon wants to keep?! We hadn't a real definition from this sack of bones.

Level 21
Loving the inclusion of the Artifacts here actually being usable items.

I get the impression we've heard the closest to the truth here from Rogthil than anything prior. The 4 said this place is ours now, out with the old, in with the new. Sounds like Aridon led that charge via the Bonelords, but also the other 3 agreed to it, which is equally important IMO. Then Aridon manipulated the other 3 into fighting and he disposed of them.

The result left him with amnesia, but that kernel of his true personality (megalomania) is still in there and manifests as his drive for balance - also known as running things how he feels like with a thin veneer of an excuse for 'balance', which maintains his power since no one can threaten him and he gets a constant supply of corpses.