1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Fill your cup and take your pick among the maps best suited for this year's Hive Cup. The 6th Melee Mapping Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New Administrators

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Dr Super Good, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Have I missed it, or there are several new moderators at our disposal now?
    I could have bet that I haven't seen it anywhere.

2. oh_snap

oh_snap

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Cweener, and shiiK are the new moderators. Maps, and Skins, being their sections, respectively.

~Snap

3. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, I seem to remember shiik moderating several skins in here.
    Anyways, thanks for informations.

4. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Congratulations !

5. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I was actually refering to Septimus (I think atleast) years ago. He tried so hard to be a map moderator and was doing a lot of maps but for some reason his english fell appart doing so. He was eventually removed because people honestly could not understand what he was saying.

My removal was largly political I believe, and frankly I would have resigned by now due to the vandilisim being performed to this site. This is meant to be a serious WC3/SC2 mod site but instead it seems like it is becomming a child artists playground now...

In my opinion you would have to try hard to find worse smilies than the new ones. They might have use somewhere else but for a serious forum like this is meant to be they just are not the right style.

Honestly their lack of faith in my capabilities is sickening. I never really abused the powers I had and if I really wanted to rage I still can because I own like 20 news and forum sticky posts but in the end why should I bother as I am not a stupid person. What suprised me more was that after making an "unacceptable" news post with a fantastic 4 twist they still promoted my Starcraft II patch thread to the news (which shows I do quality posts). So really there is no logical reason for my removal and it must be because I was causing internal friction. In the end I guess the staff of this site is going through some sort of crysis and will eventually grow out of it if they are unable to discuss maters before making rushed decissions.

However, do remember that there is no better site out there for WC3 resources than this one and my problems with the site are a combination of personal and professional as I was on staff here a long time. If you are new you can pretty much ignore my views.

Anyway, I still accept PMs if you need help.

6. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I also detest these new smilies. I am more of an old person, still using the :grin:, :wink: and the :razz: ones.

7. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Meh, they wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so much bigger in comparison

8. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Gah... the winter ones are still good :3

9. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have to agree there. I think some preferred wc3c or sc2mapster for sc2 for that reason.

The Voidwalker smileys (yes and mostly the big size makes them meh) are actually nice but really even when I was 16 I still used forums and I never did:

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

That's really so childish.

10. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Agreed, they don't fit the original style at all.. the void one and the goblins could fit in, but they are too big. The ogre's are just plain ugly (I know that's how ogre's look, but doesn't change the fact).

Besides that I also feel that injustice was done, but I believe discussing it here will move away this thread from the topic at hand.

11. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Srs bsns

Honestly, a lot of people need to stop taking everything so seriously. The main reason that it seems everyone hates them is that 1 they're new and in general people like to resist change (this should wear off sooner or later) and 2 that they're so much bigger in comparison (something that won't wear off).

12. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Emoticons in general are not fit for use in a "serious forum", but who cares if people use them in more informal banter?

13. Gaegamel

Gaegamel

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In the end, we cannot change the past. People are each one for their own unique and sometimes there are arguements and problems between two people (or more) in the staff.

In my opinion, it's very good, when people change the staff regularily, because that prevents dictatorships. Ralle in this case cannot be seen as full dictator, because he supports the community and doesn't decide things on his own.
    Anyways, Hive should keep respecte people and people, most of the staff or the members would approve. Else this becomes nothing but a dying community, which it's not atm.

14. M0rbid

M0rbid

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    He must be seen as a full dictator....*

15. Gaegamel

Gaegamel

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Tell me a situation, where he decides things on his own?
    I know no of them and if there are some, then who cares, since Ralle wants to help people.

16. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Forums should be a dictatorship, not a democracy or what have you.

17. M0rbid

M0rbid

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    So if Gargameal is the common user and the common user sees Ralle as a non-dictator like person, do you criticize the Hive?
    Or do you see Ralle as a dictator that should lead a forum?

18. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ain't this thread slightly going away from topic :wink:

But as Ralle is the owner he is pretty much in his full right to do whatever he wants. That might have a negative impact if he do and luckily Ralle isn't really the kind of guy to go out and do things against the community. But heck, it is his forum.

19. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ...and he can do pretty much whatever he wants with this site, as Baron said.

20. Gaegamel

Gaegamel

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're missunderstanding me. I don't doubt on Ralle's power. I just take away his position als owner and see him as normal person, just with some powers.
    I do not critisize the hive for anything. The hive is the hive. And atm, I'm not in the state of saying anything concrete and useful, because I'm tired as hell.

Hope I can form a good sentence with this: Dictators have never brought good to the world. Hitler = "kill the jews". Mao Tze Tung = "Away with democracy"
    And when you set Ralle on the same level as them, that's not very nice. Especiallym because Ralle did a lot of things to people, he doesn't even know personally. Something like a good politician.
    But that doesn't bring me to the point: Forum shouldn't be dictatorships. Forums should be places for people, where they can discuss about things, respecting the rules and such stuff. A place, where admins/mods have the same level, but other jobs ofc. While normal people go and post things, they keep the forum spam-free and so.

Not capable of writting anything better now. Tired

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.