• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
If you really can't figure the answer for that out yourself...
Dictionary said:
com·mu·ni·ty
a social group of any size whose members reside in a specific locality, share government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage.
(Among other definitions of similar size requirements)

Level 12
If you allow everyone to post, and you have to sort through thousands of them yourself, that's more work. If you have everyone voting what is good or bad, and then only sorting through the good, that cuts down your work load to a fraction of what it previously was.

I would just give everyone a two week notice that you're going to be starting a new map uploading system. After two weeks pass, delete maps and clean out all the old inactive forum posts in Map Development.

Require people to upload their maps along with a map description/etc to Map Development. Give each map post a poll to rate the map. Once the map reaches a certain quota, THEN have a moderator or two check it out. If it checks out, have it uploaded to the maps section with the original post as the description and allow the poster to update/etc their map as they see fit.

Easier said than done, I know, but it would be better in the long run. And way easier on the mods to police it. It may cut down on traffic, but only the people who post bad maps will suffer, which in turn will stop people from submitting bad maps.

But that's just what I would do.

Level 17
There's 439 maps pending so far.

Maybe if Ralle was to pause the uploading of all maps just to give the staff chance to moderate the maps, maybe then the map section would be back on track, and if it went off track again begin to hire new map moderators.

Maybe Reputation Requirements should be enforced. The main reason MOST people have to submit a map is to get reputation, which results in noobs joining up, breaking the rules then taking out their World Editor and a Blizzard Map, putting a few mobs here and there and making a wall of doodads and saying "I mayd map, gief repzor plox nao kkthx". If the rep enforcment was there however I think the amount of pending maps will be halved.

The only bad thing about the rep enforcement will be that it could encourage breaking other rules, for instance: A guy joins up and he's been working on his map for a year and a half and now feels it's ready for uploading, then he's told he must have at least 15 rep to submit his map. If he uses his common sense he'll start helping people out on the forum, but if he doesn't he'll start asking for rep or starting rep parties in the chat.

(EDIT: Like for instance this map looks extremely good and sounds it, too. The uploader had 0 rep when he posted his map and so wouldn't of been able to upload it.)

I still think a pause in uploading, all pending maps to be sifted through then certain rules get enforced.

Level 17
Oh lookie, that describes the results that lead to a rejected map. The noobs that can improve will, the ones that cannot can go to epic war.

Your point?

My point is these people with 0 rep 0 posts aren't going to look at other peoples maps and compare. Maybe if YOU bothered to read you'd of understood that.

For some one who talks about assumptions, you are pretty fucking stupid. I can, and if provoked I will.

Ah resorting to useless flaming. /yawn
So do it, 45 minutes to make a map worth playing that'll get approved. Go ahead.

Furthermore, I suppose you did not realize (Not surprising) that that was an example showing how easy it is to get a map approved on this site. Supporting my suggestion for raising the standards.

(More flaming) It was an over-exagguration. You said you can make a decent map in 30 to 45 minutes that can get approved. I find that bullshit.

And If you can bother yourself reading you will notice I said I want an option to hide rep, the -44 rep was a joke.

Care to point as to where? Do you really expect me to read everything about you and compare myself to meet your standards like you expect noobs to do with their maps and other peoples? I'd rather not downgrade myself to such standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.