• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recent Forum Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Greetings, fellow Hivers!

As many of you may have noticed, there have been some BIG changes in the forums the last couple of days. This post is to inform you all of some of the more important changes.

• Many forums have been moved, and some have been merged with others. Take a close look around for what you want. It is mostly likely still there. Hiding. :p
  • Staff ranks have been rearranged.
  • Staff members no longer have colored names in the forum. All staff members do have bolded names, however.
  • Each staff member now has an extra user title under their avatar that specifies the areas in which they are in charge.
  • It is the hope of the administration that these new changes will better The Hive and give the community a boost!
  • There could be more changes to come. Some staff members are being moved around, some are being removed (because of inactivity) and some new people might be added.... :grin:

Don't be alarmed by the sudden changes. The Hive is improving because of them!

I'm sure most of you have noticed, with your 20:20 Vision, but here are some of the changes:

• The Hiveworkshop Roundtable, Something Else, Polls, Computer Tech, Medivhs' Tower, and Introductions have all been moved into one Parent Forum titled "Off-Topic", which can be found under the first category within THW's forums.
  • All forums under "the Arena" section have been merged into a parent forum called "The Arena", which can be found under the first category at THW's forums.
  • Hiveworkshop Polls has been moved into the Site Discussion Forum, it is now its parent forum.
  • As Ghan_04 has explained Moderators and Admins know have user titles versus the original Image displayed below their Avatar. This should help show the specific locations in which users are moderating or administrating, etc.

Thanks for the notification Ghan_04! I just wanted to point out where the forums have been moved to in case anyone gets lost. ^_^

Level 27
I don't care about the forum locations, since I use New Posts anyway.
important changes.
Naw. :p
Staff members no longer have colored names in the forum. All staff members do have bolded names, however.
:(
Each staff member now has an extra user title under their avatar that specifies the areas in which they are in charge.
The links are now lost.
It is the hope of the administration that these new changes will better The Hive and give the community a boost!
XP
Don't be alarmed by the sudden changes. The Hive is improving because of them!
Not the name color revoking! :mad:

The biggest change in the name coloring. I vote there be a poll about it so I can vote "Bring back the old ones! D;"

Level 34
Oddly enough, it's the users that dislike the colored names. I don't care about forum moderators not having them, but I think there should be three or maybe two. All moderators have green. Admins and Global Moderators have another. Or Globals and Admin can each have one.

I really think Admin and Globals should be separated from the rest. Or as Rising_Dusk said, make them one.

Level 27
If you really are against colored names, (still don't see why) then I suggest having the icons in the forums, and the colors everywhere else. (Like in the list of visitors to user profiles.)

Status
Not open for further replies.