• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello everyone,

First off, we want to say thanks to the following members:
- PurplePoot
- Kimberly
- Ash
Due to varying reasons, they have stepped down from the Hive staff recently. Much thanks to each of them for their hard work and time spent moderating the Hive. :smile: Expect to see them around the forums and chat still.

Also, we are planning a number of significant changes to the site and resource sections over the next few months. Stay tuned. Some changes will occur this week.

Finally, if you have any suggestions or criticisms of how things are going please post them in the Admin Contact forum, or send them to the staff in a Private Message. This will help us deal with them directly and more effectively. Please do not post such things around the forum.

Thank you!
// Samuraid

As some of you may have noticed, new features in the Resource Section include the following:

• Reviewed status for pending resources which have been reviewed by a moderator at least once.
  • Moderators and mini moderators can now see the moderator review on the general resource page.
And you may just see some more in the next few weeks.

Other general site/community changes have happened as well

• New challenge layout and rules have been stickied in the Arena.
  • When someone enters your name in chat the area behind that message will be lit up to notify the reader that someone is talking to you.

Last edited:
Level 36
You, by the looks of it.

You know the Hive's in trouble when we don't have any better-qualified candidates.

Not sure that was necessary...

Anyway, I think that the hive won't die. It's too good of a site for that. We just need to shift away from drama and user/moderator rage and back to what the actual point of the site is, modding. I also think that part of the reason this site has shifted away from modding WC3 is that WC3 is starting to die as well, but I believe the Hive will come back when SC2 comes out.

There is still hope!

Level 37
I think it might be a good also, not just bad. The old hive staff have not done anything great in last one year(no offense, please don't start to spam). I hope now Hive will have new leaders that are positive and have lot of energy to do a lot of new changes.

Hmm, I'm thinking if I should join to this group too.

Level 15
We all knew it was coming at one point or another. THW administration better get on top of things if they want to keep things under control, especially since those moderators actually tried to keep some semblance of organization, they will be missed.

But this could improve the situation, give some new people a chance to prove that they can handle moderating a forum.

~Death

Level 5
This is truly a dark day for the Hive Workshop. These people were known throughout our modding community. They did great things and helped keep the site in order.

This change in staff may be a good thing, too. There will be new moderators, who will follow in the footsteps of their predecessors and continue to make the Hive a great place.

Also, I can't wait to see these "changes" to the site. I hope they will be good changes! Hehe.

The Hive may have lost something today, but it will gain more.

[/end of prophet-like speaking]

Level 15
Well, guaranteed, the day is darker simply because everyone keeps saying it is. Honestly now, why keep saying it? :wink:

Level 15
Because if you travel forth on a bridge with your head gazing at all the pretty clouds, you wont notice the bridge is quite broken a few steps ahead.
--donut3.5--
True,
Yet if many keep saying "Oh no! The bridge broke. For shame.", it won't get repaired.

Level 27
True,
Yet if many keep saying "Oh no! The bridge broke. For shame.", it won't get repaired.

Indeed, we need to progress with the objective of progress in mind, not hopes and dreams. I am glad to see that this progress is being done, and actions are being made so our pathway is safe, and I'm especially glad to see you, Samuraid, the one taking the most action.
--donut3.5--

Bahh, too far in to be saved, blablabla apocalypse, site is dying, the world is coming to an end. A site does not nescesarily end because a few moderators are leaving, this has happened before, it will happen again and it is not really that big a deal. People went into the same emo mode back when Wolverabid left the first time and look at that, the site is still here!

It is the same like the nonsense about Warcraft modding dying, people have been saying that since TFT came out and modding is still going strong, even with Sc2 in near sight.

Level 34
Yeah it did, and Mini and I resigned because we were unhappy with things, with good reason. But good people come, good people go, no biggie. There's no reason to go into emo mode and claim the site is going to die just because a few people is no longer on the staff list or maybe stops visiting the site.
But there aren't really any good people coming. No offense to the new people.

Glad to hear that you guys are still working on the resource sections.

Level 13
It's true. We won't be able to find a lot of good people for mods.

But, we need some mods in soon lest the site descend into chaos. I would suggest going around the forums, finding someone who interests you, and check them out. If they appear to be helpful and have a near spotless record, not to mention if they've been around for a while. It might be best to send them a PM to tell them they've been nominated, and ask them why you should hire them. If the answer they give is good enough, ask a few more, if those are good too, then hire them.

What a 'good' answer would be relies entirely on your good judgement. Would this work? Well, it may, we don't truly know.

But there aren't really any good people coming. No offense to the new people.

Glad to hear that you guys are still working on the resource sections.

People like Hawkwing was "new" not so long ago. I bet there's also other people, they just need to be discovered.

If you mean for the cesspool that you call the map section, then there never really was anyone in the frst place.

Level 34
People like Hawkwing was "new" not so long ago. I bet there's also other people, they just need to be discovered.

If you mean for the cesspool that you call the map section, then there never really was anyone in the frst place.
Okay there are a few.

Level 40

But, we need some mods in soon lest the site descend into chaos. I would suggest going around the forums, finding someone who interests you, and check them out. If they appear to be helpful and have a near spotless record, not to mention if they've been around for a while. It might be best to send them a PM to tell them they've been nominated, and ask them why you should hire them. If the answer they give is good enough, ask a few more, if those are good too, then hire them.

What a 'good' answer would be relies entirely on your good judgement. Would this work? Well, it may, we don't truly know.
Rui, Earth-Fury, and I spent god knows how many hours doing that, and all I can say is that it looks pretty good on paper.

Level 36

I think that sounds like a pretty good idea. I'm not sure, however, that a spotless record is necessary. Look at Firelord213, when he was newer he spammed the hell out of everything but now he is a lot different.

There is, however, only one problem with that. If someone gets a PM like that, are you 100% sure they will be honest? Often times it's better to judge someone when they don't know they are being judged.

Wolverabid? No. If he comes back he should be welcomed. He has reasons to be gone, I believe.

Edit1:
If he does get removed from staff I agree with ~Void~.

Archian - I've seen nothing from him in forever and if he really wanted to he could get really active. I agree with you there. But he should definitely get Respect User if he is dropped.

Edit2:

I believe Hawkwing was a very good choice to become a moderator. Probably the best change so far that has been made. There are most definitely people around here that are qualified for the job. I agree with Istari, you just need to find them, or just asking people that seem knowledgeable.

Thanks.

The Maps Section needs some serious reworking.

Level 15
Archian appears to be active on wc3c, he has time to work on LoC and post updates on it , I think he just got fed up with all the drama.

But shouldn't you edit the first post and give HT the thanks he deserves? He's been around a while, the least you could do is formally thank him.

~Death

Status
Not open for further replies.