• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Neverwinter Nights RPG

Reactions: Pourquoi
+Map infor: As the name may implied, my map is a simulation, an effort to bring the great RPG "Neverwinter Nights" into Warcraft. This is a long game, so here i made chapter1... following chapter will be releasing soon. ^^
+That large 6.2MB+ map size is for the sound and many imported files. Sorry, but it you want an interested map, especially RPG, you should import. thats also the reason for the "Single player" of the game.
+You main quests in this game is finding the four "Waterdhavian creatures" to help cure the "Waling Death", horrible plague which is spreading through Neverwinter City, you can find more information on this by pressing F9.
+At first, you can choose one of the 12 DnD classes to begin with, each class has 4 spells and the ability to learn Feats each two levels (press ESC to learn). Each class has 4 feats, while Paladin and Monk has 8 for each.
+There are 4 Henchmen available in game: 3 in the City of Neverwinter and 1 after you have solved an optional quest. To hire them, you must have at least 100 gold in pocket, and your current henchman has been dismissed. (Note that 1 dead Henchman does not mean a dismissed henchman, if dead, they will respawn at Temple of Tyr)
+To interact with a NPC, just go near and click to select him/her.
+The max level each hero can reach is 20.
+You can go freely between Districts, but i strong recommend that you follow this order to finish the main quest: Peninsula District, Beggar's Nest, Blacklake District and Dock District.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

CHANGELOG:

+Replaced the ability "Prayer" by "Judicial Chop" for Paladin.
+Replaced the ability "Divine Favor" by "Holy Incantation" for Battle Cleric.
+Remade the ability "Smite Good" for Blackguard.
+Used custom models for "Assassin", "Dwarven Defender", "Blackguard", "Wizard".
+Modified the power of the mob and Boss.
+One more Boss and two more items.
+Edited some typoes [thanks to Furion] and some minor bugs of Abilities, Buffs.
+Optimized the general code.
+Fixed a bug with the Gang Leader.
+Added custom sounds and music themes.
+Added backpack system.
Contents

Neverwinter Nights RPG (Map)

Reviews
15:44, 13th May 2008 Firelord213: [+]The map is yours , No need for any permissions or any credits too any other mapmaker [+]The map is not protected so no need for any map protection information. [+]The map is in English. [+]No signs of any...

M

15:44, 13th May 2008
Firelord213:
[+]The map is yours , No need for any permissions or any credits too any other mapmaker
[+]The map is not protected so no need for any map protection information.
[+]The map is in English.
[+]No signs of any crashes or bugs.
-----------------------------------------
[+]This must be the best RPG I have ever played in Warcraft 3 , I haven't played many though.
[+]You have put lots of work in this map , I think it all seems so realistic , The terrain , The game play etc.
*Approved*

Level 9
Sorry my friends, but i have to resubmit my map because some nasty bugs must be fixed, the map should be ok now.
+These are updates:
+The game is easier at start,
+Fixed some path which walkable.
+Fixed a bug while fighting Roxar.
+Fixed a bug with the quest" a strange cult".
+Type: "dismiss" to dismiss your henchman instead of clicking on him/her.
+Fixed a bug with the quest "Animal's Rescue"
+Mapsize reduced, from 7MB+ to 3MB+
+Fixed some sound and voice acting issues.

Last edited:
Level 4
This is the best rpg i ever played.. compared to other this is much more fun. I only didnt like the lack of models to heroes... its a bit uncool to run with a dh... i already picked him 2000 times in solo ladder so its a bit too much usual...
If you change some models would be nice. Also found a small bug.. You can't use wizard's golem stun spell because he has no mana.

Last edited:
Level 8
Map: NeverWinter Nights RPG
Overall Quality: Excellent
Comments: Playing the original itself, [along with its expansions and NWN2], I take it in myself to judge this harder than normal, But from what I saw I was very pleased, it was visually appealing and I was quite happy with it. Tho, it lacks a coop mode, I wish to see one implemented, at least 2 Players.

Terrain: 9/10
Gameplay: 9/10
Replay Ability: 8/10

Side Notes: Very great remake, tho I didn't get far, some things are missing some pathing blockers, heres a reason I didn't get far. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j227/Darkenneko_003/Wc3 Images/OmgStuck.jpg
Some things I Noticed, the Henchman steals your kill and you receive no money, maybe a shared amount between the two? The Enemies focus to much on the hero, it bothers me and will make it hard for Non Warrior classes. When picking up a Cure light wounds potion, it said acquired, than blank. Might want to look into that. Anyways great attempt at a hard map to fit into one RPG. Great Job and Keep working on it.

Great work on this map,
Keep working on it, and hopefully more people will produce high quality maps like this.
-Calvin

Level 9
Thank you very much, my friends. Your comments actually encourage me a lots.
And, Darkenneko, i'm so happy that you are one of thousands of NWN's fan, i am one of them too.
-Lord of The Korn. Maybe 7mb is too large so that people would not download my map, so that i deleted some imported models and sound tracks, its a pity, however...

Level 2
It could be better if it were made multiplayer althougth NWN is a single player game, but later in the game the monsters became too easy. The only hard one was the boss in dock district ( Do not know how to spell his name ).

Last edited:
Level 8
It could be better if it were made multiplayer althougth NWN is a single player game, but later in the game the monsters became too easy. The only hard one was the boss in dock district ( Do not know how to spell his name ).

That would be if you were playing Single Player on Easy,
also, NWN featured a Coop Story Mode. I played it a lot and than Many players and myself found it challenging.
Anyways, Great Map, I Hope too see more development on it soon.
-Calvin

Level 4
Damn, was looking to download the 7mb version... music and models make it more interesting.
Just a point of interest, you could always have a 'heavy' version and a 'lite' version.

The map itself is excellent, though the camera bugs me, I don't liked locked cams, but that's just me.

Level 4
You'll want to turn off the trigger for selecting feats after all of them have been picked, or add a cancel button. I was up to blacklake after only a few minutes, going easy as can be, but then I hit esc and couldn't do anything because there was no dialogue button to click, just an empty dialogue.

Level 9
Well, gerbal, i still dont understand the bug you reported? a blank dialoge?
-Also, im working hard to bring this map to my big upcoming campaign "Neverwinter Nights". The problem is when the campaigns finished, it would be 40M+ so i am asking the Hive to host my map...

There are some bugs i encounted:

On the BlackGuard when you have all of your feats and you get a msg to gain a new feat if you try to get one it sticks into an empty dialog box.

And in the Dock District when i killed the rifleman captain it did not drop the key to the tavern.

Good game overall, very fun.
Makes me want to play every char!

Level 4
Hope you know how to use variables with Quests – saw a couple of optional quests “completed in your map. This would be better to use with all quests. As for the main quest with 4 parts to complete – make 4 quest requirements
Create quest requirement for “Main quest” described “1st creature-or-any-other-name”
Set “variblename e.g. 1st requirement” = last created quest requirement
And so for the rest 3 ones.
Then later check them in other triggers
It would be much better for players to see their progress in the quest menu.
The henchmen make you stick in the narrow passage near the man selling swords and shields. It's boring when you have to type "dismiss" just to get out.
Anyway keep on working. Looking forward to see your work

Level 2
Very annoying armour issue: Shields never say "type: heavy armour" and yet whenever I try to equip one it says they are. The worst part though, is I have that feat! This is a pretty huge bug that needs fixing. Also the Dwarven Defender's defensive stance makes him lose MP a 2nd time when he clicks it to deactivate for some reason, that and I see no AC boost from it. This was my first time playing and it's made me not want to try it again.

Level 4
i have the version Neverwinter Nights RPG v2.2b and when i will play it says map to big
what can the problem be?

it looks very cool and i will love to play it but i can't any ideas why?

Level 2
Sounds like a good idea. Too big size to host... I already hav the real game and it's fun so I have no need to dl.

Level 1
AWesome Map man. really good, except for the part wen u try the quest with the ring. the dude didnt drop it. the one with the cult. but its cool. i really like maps like dis

Level 2
Greetings.

I'd enjoyed this map, for sure, being one-in-a-few RPG's which keep a neat style employing the least of resources. Spelling was all right, I'd found no failures at there, and still I would suggest that shared reward with the henchman that someone asked a few posts ago.

Still, I would like to see the full version with custom music and models while, of course, I'm also awaiting the campaign. Hope that the Hive host your proyect finally.

As been said, there's no lag, a whole load of challenge (even at the end I had to save my neck from all those cuthroats) and a nice terrain. A great map this was.

EDIT: However, I do remember now a pair of bugs I'd encountered.
1st. At the zoo, when you kill the hunter too near from a corner wall and try to grab it's treasure, I wasn't able to get it (see 2nd) and got stuck by the presence of the henchwoman. Because I was fearful that, when dismissed, she could lose all her equipment, I'd rather kill her instead of anything else.
2nd. Although my paladin got the 'Heavy armor' and 'Shield' features, I wasn't able to wear any of them. Does it happen often?

Level 2
>.< I like this game very much . 10/10
I just want to know how to do the quest named 'The Lost Soul' . I can't find Marcus everywhere ! :thumbs_up:

Level 1
It is pretty interesting. I wish there was some kind of instructions though, such as a list of what the feats actually DO. Hard to pick when you have no idea what you are choosing.

Also, please get rid of the Active feats... I like the idea, but they are hard to use.

Finally, I got irritated and quit when my stupid hengemen blocked my path and despite my best efforts I was unable to get free.

Level 9
Henchmen sometimes block your path..though i have fixed this issue with the newest version but its not complete solved..If you encounter that, typing "-dismiss" can help.
Only a few feats are active so thats not a big trouble.
Thanks for playing, may the force be with you

Level 15
Its a great map
I was bored and played it till the end (took 2 hours)

What i got to mention is :
-Opening doors ans solving quests is not able with the right item in your bag , you alway gotta change everything or try each one if you dont know which is needed

-Beeing knocked down and the entangling is overpowered , i was disabled for 10 sec each time and had to wait... zzz..

-I guess the medium item has the wrong ability , it heals 800 instead of 400

-You did not clearly mention that some items are not equipable of some classes (e.g. the barbar cannot carry the most expensive Armour , would have been good to know before buying)

-Items you cannot equip are also unpickable of the bag , there is no way to sell those dropped or bought items

-The last boss is way too hard , i know - its the last but it was no problem to kill all other mobs and this boss just knockes you down and kills you (your completely loosing the Ownership of the unit while this time?!) I was level 15 , had 2k Hp , 200 dmg and a fast attackspeed

All in all good job :) i like RPG´s [4/5]

Level 3
ok... good idea, has a lot of potential, but:
1) In Beggar's Nest there is no key drop. I suppose the cultist leader in the house was the one who possesed the key, but he didnt drop it. If it helps i killed him near the entrance of the house (must took aggro from the Hammer of Gods spell (cleric)), and when I entered the house (after the leader died), I saw the yellow text as supposed to o_O
2) In Blacklake District i couldnt pass through the barricades no matter what (i reffer to the ones near the diseased leader).
3) After killing the diseased leader, I took the blade, tp back and when I returned another blade AND the a gem appeared o_O
4) As mentioned from the rest, the henchman nearly allways blocks u when in narrow places. Sometimes u can bypass this with the tp, but not very frequentlly.
5) Something I really find anoyinng... The crates, barrels, etc. are not all breakable but some actually are and its stupid to hit every crate or barrel (5-4 times) to see if it brakes or not. Just make them invulnerable or make them all breakable.
6) The henchman (apart from stealing money which is not really annoying) was selling some of the items i gave him o_O (sold some pots i gave him). Make them NEVER sell pots.
7) In the quests menu add some info about the Feats plz. We are picking randomly. Do so for the classes also.
8) U can actually use the tp stone from your backpack. Has saved me many times from Calik when I was knocked down. Made the fight muuuuch easier.
This was my first attempt of playing the map, started with a battle cleric. I'm gonna try another class 2 see if I can pass through the frikin' barricades.
Fix the bugges and u get 4/5 for this map. for now 3/5.

Update:
Just finished the game with a sorceress and i realised that the derbis are actually ment to be breakable (drops). There seems to be a malufanction on Clerics attack (replayed with cleric and he was again unable to destroy the barrel with the key in Beggars nest). I realised I missed 3/4 of the game cause of this bug. Appart from the tp blade dupe and the "smartass" henchman selling items (he sold the dupe blade), I encountered none of the other bugs. Add to the henchman paladin's AI the use of his healing spell. There is room for more things in this map, keep developing ;)

Last edited:
Level 6
This game was very fun (and incredibly nostalgic for me) but was much too short. Also, the mage boss guy (guarding the dryad) could practically one-shot me. 4/5 so far, maybe a 5 if it gets updated.

P.S. A multiplayer version of this map would be awesome!! If it's possible.

Level 1
Man... This is an amazing map... when we free the Dryad shows an option: Have some fun... kkkkkkk
Really amazing... but it is too short =/:thumbs_up:

Level 7
Wow a very good rpg map :thumbs_up:
the quests are fun and its a good gameplay :)
anyway the size of the map (not file) i set to huge but i doesnt looks like you even used half of it :p

i just found one problem when i got to the dryad and freed here (and something else :grin:) i returned the key and tooth to the quest giver, then returned again to the prison and i couldnt open the gate where Gaurd Samuel is inside so i couldnt free him :cry:

Level 4
this map is sooo fun! too bad it wasnt long enough. Are you planning to use up all the spaces on the map?

Level 1
You might as well put it as a campaign instead of just a map since people want a full part of it with the starting area inside the campaign.

This is just a suggestion.

Level 2
aww i can't play it. i have 1.24. i go to load it and it just takes me back to the main screen. also idc if the game was 1 gb as long as its epic. i would like to play the full version that you originally made.