• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Neverwinter Nights Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Search for Warcraft Art Tools, then NWN MDL importer [don't know name, even if it exists, I just know about exporter], and 3ds max in version compatible with these two tools [probably 4.xx]. =.=x

But remember, output models will be full of leaks and "holes", which you must correct yourself by editing model file manually.

Note: Neverwinter Nights MDL format ISN'T compatible with Warcraft MDL.

The problem hereis that i don't know how to use 3D studio max. The Warcraft Art tools are even more alien to me. I have the extractor for the NWN but it no longer seems to work. What i'd need so, would be some easy-to-use program or simply someone who has played the game to do the extractions and conversion for me, then i credit him/her.

Level 25
You DO know that getting NWN models for WC3 is technically illegal, right?

Anywho, firstly you CANNOT get the effects looking the same in NWN and in WC3

Secondly, the hub of NWN modding, http://nwvault.ign.com/ has plenty of exporters

Thirdly, it will NEVER be easy to convert NWN models into WC3 style. That's why only two people have EVER done it in WC3 modding

Status
Not open for further replies.