1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Neverwinter Nights RPG

Submitted by vnakira
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
+Map infor: As the name may implied, my map is a simulation, an effort to bring the great RPG "Neverwinter Nights" into Warcraft. This is a long game, so here i made chapter1... following chapter will be releasing soon. ^^
+That large 6.2MB+ map size is for the sound and many imported files. Sorry, but it you want an interested map, especially RPG, you should import. thats also the reason for the "Single player" of the game.
+You main quests in this game is finding the four "Waterdhavian creatures" to help cure the "Waling Death", horrible plague which is spreading through Neverwinter City, you can find more information on this by pressing F9.
+At first, you can choose one of the 12 DnD classes to begin with, each class has 4 spells and the ability to learn Feats each two levels (press ESC to learn). Each class has 4 feats, while Paladin and Monk has 8 for each.
+There are 4 Henchmen available in game: 3 in the City of Neverwinter and 1 after you have solved an optional quest. To hire them, you must have at least 100 gold in pocket, and your current henchman has been dismissed. (Note that 1 dead Henchman does not mean a dismissed henchman, if dead, they will respawn at Temple of Tyr)
+To interact with a NPC, just go near and click to select him/her.
+The max level each hero can reach is 20.
+You can go freely between Districts, but i strong recommend that you follow this order to finish the main quest: Peninsula District, Beggar's Nest, Blacklake District and Dock District.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

CHANGELOG:

+Replaced the ability "Prayer" by "Judicial Chop" for Paladin.
+Replaced the ability "Divine Favor" by "Holy Incantation" for Battle Cleric.
+Remade the ability "Smite Good" for Blackguard.
+Used custom models for "Assassin", "Dwarven Defender", "Blackguard", "Wizard".
+Modified the power of the mob and Boss.
+One more Boss and two more items.
+Edited some typoes [thanks to Furion] and some minor bugs of Abilities, Buffs.
+Optimized the general code.
+Fixed a bug with the Gang Leader.
+Added custom sounds and music themes.
+Added backpack system.
Contents

Neverwinter Nights RPG (Map)

Reviews
15:44, 13th May 2008 Firelord213: [+]The map is yours , No need for any permissions or any credits too any other mapmaker [+]The map is not protected so no need for any map protection information. [+]The map is in English. [+]No signs of any...
  1. 15:44, 13th May 2008
    Firelord213:
    [+]The map is yours , No need for any permissions or any credits too any other mapmaker
    [+]The map is not protected so no need for any map protection information.
    [+]The map is in English.
    [+]No signs of any crashes or bugs.
    -----------------------------------------
    [+]This must be the best RPG I have ever played in Warcraft 3 , I haven't played many though.
    [+]You have put lots of work in this map , I think it all seems so realistic , The terrain , The game play etc.
    *Approved*

2. vnakira

vnakira

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sorry my friends, but i have to resubmit my map because some nasty bugs must be fixed, the map should be ok now.
    +These are updates:
    +The game is easier at start,
    +Fixed some path which walkable.
    +Fixed a bug while fighting Roxar.
    +Fixed a bug with the quest" a strange cult".
    +Type: "dismiss" to dismiss your henchman instead of clicking on him/her.
    +Fixed a bug with the quest "Animal's Rescue"
    +Mapsize reduced, from 7MB+ to 3MB+
    +Fixed some sound and voice acting issues.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  3. ace992

ace992

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    very nice map i love the rpg game ima have to try this when my net is fast again XD

4. ThePanda

ThePanda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is the best rpg i ever played.. compared to other this is much more fun. I only didnt like the lack of models to heroes... its a bit uncool to run with a dh... i already picked him 2000 times in solo ladder so its a bit too much usual...
    If you change some models would be nice. Also found a small bug.. You can't use wizard's golem stun spell because he has no mana.

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  5. Lord of the Korn

Lord of the Korn

Resources:
    Resources:
    wasnt the old version something about 7 mb? what have you done??

6. Darkenneko_003

Darkenneko_003

Resources:
    Resources:
    Map: NeverWinter Nights RPG
    Overall Quality: Excellent
    Comments: Playing the original itself, [along with its expansions and NWN2], I take it in myself to judge this harder than normal, But from what I saw I was very pleased, it was visually appealing and I was quite happy with it. Tho, it lacks a coop mode, I wish to see one implemented, at least 2 Players.

Terrain: 9/10
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Replay Ability: 8/10

Side Notes: Very great remake, tho I didn't get far, some things are missing some pathing blockers, heres a reason I didn't get far. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j227/Darkenneko_003/Wc3 Images/OmgStuck.jpg
    Some things I Noticed, the Henchman steals your kill and you receive no money, maybe a shared amount between the two? The Enemies focus to much on the hero, it bothers me and will make it hard for Non Warrior classes. When picking up a Cure light wounds potion, it said acquired, than blank. Might want to look into that. Anyways great attempt at a hard map to fit into one RPG. Great Job and Keep working on it.

Great work on this map,
    Keep working on it, and hopefully more people will produce high quality maps like this.
    -Calvin

7. vnakira

vnakira

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thank you very much, my friends. Your comments actually encourage me a lots.
    And, Darkenneko, i'm so happy that you are one of thousands of NWN's fan, i am one of them too.
    -Lord of The Korn. Maybe 7mb is too large so that people would not download my map, so that i deleted some imported models and sound tracks, its a pity, however...

8. Xenophobia

Xenophobia

Resources:
    Resources:
    It could be better if it were made multiplayer althougth NWN is a single player game, but later in the game the monsters became too easy. The only hard one was the boss in dock district ( Do not know how to spell his name ).

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  9. Darkenneko_003

Darkenneko_003

Resources:
    Resources:
    That would be if you were playing Single Player on Easy,
    also, NWN featured a Coop Story Mode. I played it a lot and than Many players and myself found it challenging.
    Anyways, Great Map, I Hope too see more development on it soon.
    -Calvin

10. gerbal_warfare

gerbal_warfare

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Damn, was looking to download the 7mb version... music and models make it more interesting.
    Just a point of interest, you could always have a 'heavy' version and a 'lite' version.

The map itself is excellent, though the camera bugs me, I don't liked locked cams, but that's just me.

11. gerbal_warfare

gerbal_warfare

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You'll want to turn off the trigger for selecting feats after all of them have been picked, or add a cancel button. I was up to blacklake after only a few minutes, going easy as can be, but then I hit esc and couldn't do anything because there was no dialogue button to click, just an empty dialogue.

12. vnakira

vnakira

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, gerbal, i still dont understand the bug you reported? a blank dialoge?
    -Also, im working hard to bring this map to my big upcoming campaign "Neverwinter Nights". The problem is when the campaigns finished, it would be 40M+ so i am asking the Hive to host my map...

13. dave_wwid

dave_wwid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great work. But why don't you mark complete quests as "completed"? That's rather confusing. Also saw a couple of minor logic bugs but anyway 4/5

14. VampireHeart

VampireHeart

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    There are some bugs i encounted:

On the BlackGuard when you have all of your feats and you get a msg to gain a new feat if you try to get one it sticks into an empty dialog box.

And in the Dock District when i killed the rifleman captain it did not drop the key to the tavern.

Good game overall, very fun.
    Makes me want to play every char!

15. vnakira

vnakira

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your feedback...I will try to fix and update it as soon as possible..glad that you like it ^^

16. dave_wwid

dave_wwid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hope you know how to use variables with Quests – saw a couple of optional quests “completed in your map. This would be better to use with all quests. As for the main quest with 4 parts to complete – make 4 quest requirements
    Create quest requirement for “Main quest” described “1st creature-or-any-other-name”
    Set “variblename e.g. 1st requirement” = last created quest requirement
    And so for the rest 3 ones.
    Then later check them in other triggers
    It would be much better for players to see their progress in the quest menu.
    The henchmen make you stick in the narrow passage near the man selling swords and shields. It's boring when you have to type "dismiss" just to get out.
    Anyway keep on working. Looking forward to see your work

17. Onelord

Onelord

Resources:
    Resources:
    I cant start it :S

18. vnakira

vnakira

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, for your feedback and helpful comments, i want to say thank you, my friends...I've just uploaded the latest v2.2b with a lot of change in the Quest looks and also fixed some minor bugs.

19. Melancia

Melancia

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey , when i try play this map w3 says its too big to play , how i play it? o.o