• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need to brainstorm 100 simple spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I'm making an RPG map where you get spells through spellbooks, and I want there to be lots. My goal is 100, but even more would be awesome.

Each spell needs only 1 level.

Examples of simple spells:

Frostbolt: Fires a bolt of frost that does 75 damage and slows the target by 25% for 5 seconds.
Fireball: Fires a huge ball of fire that does 120 damage.
Soul Drain: (channeling) drains 20 life and mana per second for up to 5 seconds, also slows the target's movement by 25%.
Silence: Stops an enemy from casting spells for 4 seconds.

Stuff like that. Triggered stuff is ok, but nothing complicated. Right now I have about 20.

Level 15
Erm, why not take each of the melee heroes' spells first. (4x4x4=64) spells. If you don't count the ultimate it would be 48 spells. Not including the Neutral heroes. Then you could get some simple spells like what I am going to suggest.
Soul Grab: Grabs the target's soul, draining its health and healing you. Also disables target.
Rush Punch: The hero runs towards the target unit and punches it. Also deals minor damage to units in the line.
Shock Slam: Slams the ground and causes multiple shockwaves to go towards the target point with a short interval between each one.
Throw Bomb: Throws a bomb at the target point, dealing damage to units based on the distance from the point where the bomb explodes.

Level 21
Level 5
Wasn't that a destroyer ;P
You simply solved it yourself haha.
anyways, just rip off spells from wow, or any other game as simple as that, you don't really need the forums for it, why bother 20-60? people to give you spells they rip from other games.

Tho if you ask about putting spells from the editor together, doing complicated spells with lots of SFX, then your very very very welcome at least for me to ask.

But all this I said, it's just my opinion :D

Level 5
Basically get Baldurs gate and start stealing.

You just had to push it didn't you? :smile:
Here we are all prataclly talking about stealing spells from games and there is links going on.

And you keep repeating :)
As I did, but I included some other stuff I had to get off my chest haha :con:

Level 7
Summoning
Status Changing
Damaging

Swarm: Summons masses of tiny creatures to attack enemies
Chaos: Causes an explosion of magical energy, placing random effects upon all in its vicinity
Grapple: Pulls a unit towards the caster, and then hits them for bonus damage
Confusion: The target attacks the unit closest to it
Ambush: Summons several minions at the target location
Stasis: Surrounds the target unit with a magical shield, preventing them from doing anything, but also from being hurt
Displacement: Teleports the target unit to a random nearby location
Smite: Charges for a long time, and then fires a massive projectile at the target
Chain Reaction: Causes a chain of explosions in a random direction
Blaze: Sets the target on fire. While under the effect, nearby units will also catch fire
Pulverize: Sends waves of energy towards the caster from several points around him to damage all enemies in their wake
Identity Crisis: Causes the target unit to rapidly change allegiances for a duration, but return to normal once the effect wears off
Disable: Stuns the target for as long as the caster channels the effect. This drains mana per second
Traitor: Places an invisible effect upon the target unit, which provides line of sight. A second spell can be cast at any time to convert all afflicted enemies to the caster's team
Bodyguard: Summons a protective minion that follows the caster, and heals them whenever possible
Safeguard: Causes all damage dealt to the target to damage the caster instead
Change Places: Teleports the caster to the location of the target, while simultaneously teleporting the target to the caster's original location
Cleave: Takes away half of the target's health. Should they happen to be at 1 health, they will be killed
Mana Swap: Changes the mana pools of both the caster and the target to that of the other
Slow Mind: Causes the target to pause between actions
Balance: Pools all the health of units in the area of effect, and then evenly distributes it between them

Okay, I can't think of any more right now...

Last edited:
Level 19
when will ppl realize that rpgs in warcarft3 suck!
if u want rpgs go play wow .
spell ideas:
in ur rpg ull have lots low lvl creeps
try making a spell that steals the souls of dead creeps and transfers them to your weapon increasing damage
but i still think you should continue your naruto 300 madness :(

Status
Not open for further replies.