• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need some ideas for my Summoner class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm making a map focused around capture points, based on the Khaine's Embrace scenario from Warhammer Online.

This map is not an AoS or an RPG! If you want to compare it to another game, it would be TF2.

There's 6 classes: berserker, paladin, assassin, ranger, elementalist, and summoner. There are no levels - this is an arena game where players use their skills to win.

I need some ideas for what to do with my Summoner class. I have a few ideas based on the Spiritmaster from Aion (summons that autmoatically attack the target and expire after 3 attacks), or Engineer from TF2 (support caster). I do not want them to have 6 spells that summon a unit and force the player to micro a lot of unit. One or two controllable summons is fine, but this is not an RTS. And the map tileset is Dungeon, so try to avoid water themed spells!

The basic idea for each class is they have 7 abilities:
- 5 "normal" active abilities
- 1 passive ability with 6 levels, gains 1 level when one of the above 5 are used, Each charge gives an incremental bonus to other abilities
- 1 "ultimate" active ability that consumes all the charges of the passive

At this time, Summoners have 150 HP, 0 armor, 20 attack damage, and 500 attack range. All heroes have 320 movespeed.

So here are 2 classes I have finished: my berserker & paladin, so you guys have an idea of the scope of the abilities I am making. (in this map, keep in mind all heroes have 100 max MP and 3.33 MP regen)

Berserker

HP: 325
Attack: 25
Armor: 4 (20%)

[Q] - Wild Attack
Attacks with both weapons, dealing 50 damage to the enemy and 20 to self.
MP: 30 R: Melee CD: 8

[W] - Bleed Out
An attack that deals 25 damage, and an additional 25 damage over 5 seconds while the target is slowed by 40%.
MP: 35 R: Melee CD: 12

[E] - Challenge
Attempts to draw the fire of the enemy, making them deal 75% reduced damage unless they attack the Berserker. Lasts up to 10 seconds, or until the target causes 50 damage to the caster.
MP: 35 R: 500 CD: 15

[R] - Cleave
A mighty swing that damages and knocks back all enemies in front of the Berserker over 1 second. Spreads 50 damage equally among all targets.
MP: 40 R: 200 CD: 25

[X] - Mortal Wound
Deals damage equal to 25% of the target's health and prevents them from being healed over 75% for 15 seconds.
MP: 40 R: Melee CD: 30

Passive - Rage
Gains 1 charge each time the Berserker uses any ability except for Berserk. Charges affect Wild Attack, Bleed Out, Challenge, Cleave, and Mortal Wound as follows:
0/5
1/5 -1 sec cooldown, -2 MP cost, 6 damage to caster
2/5 -2 sec cooldown, -4 MP cost, 12 damage to caster
3/5 -3 sec cooldown, -6 MP cost, 18 damage to caster
4/5 -4 sec cooldown, -8 MP cost, 24 damage to caster
5/5 -5 sec cooldown, -10 MP cost, 30 damage to caster

[Z] - Berserk
The Berserker gains 100/120/140/160/180/200 (based on Rage) bonus attack speed for 15 seconds, but takes 25% bonus damage. Consumes all charges of Rage when used.

Paladin

HP: 250
Attack: 20
Armor: 4 (20%)

[Q] - Sacred Judgement
If the target is an ally, heals the target for 60 and spreads 30 damage equally to all enemies around the target. If the target is an enemy, deals 30 damage and spreads 60 healing equally to all allies around the target.
MP: 25 R: 500 Rad: 300 CD: 4

[W] - Blessed Hammer
Throws a magical hammer that deals 35 damage and knocks the target backwards over 1 second.
MP: 30 R: 500 CD: 12

[E] - Justice
Averages the health of the Paladin and the target.
MP: 35 R: 500 CD: 20

[R] - Sanctified Bond
Channels a holy shield on the target ally for up to 10 seconds. As long as the spell is being channeled, the target and the Paladin are immune to all damage. The target can move any distance from the Paladin and the bond will not be broken.
MP: 40 R: 250 CD: 10

[X] - Holy Spirit
Summons a holy spirit with 150 HP at the target position for up to 30 seconds. The Spirit will heal allies around it for 20 HP per second and increase their armor by 4.
MP: 45 R: 250 Rad: 400 CD: 30

Passive - Healing Presence
Gains one charge when using any ability except Divine Light. Bestows a powerful healing aura to the Paladin:
0/5
1/5 +2 HP regen to allies in 400 range
2/5 +4 HP regen to allies in 400 range
3/5 +6 HP regen to allies in 400 range
4/5 +8 HP regen to allies in 400 range
5/5 +10 HP regen to allies in 400 range

[Z] - Divine Light
A powerful burst of light that heals both the target and the caster for 125/150/175/200/225/250 (based on Healing Presence) and consumes all charges of Healing Presence.
MP: 40 R: 500 CD: 25

Level 1
try using the summoned unit as a projectile that have fix damage when hit and the ultimate is the only controllable unit. the controllable unit expires based on the passive skill (if the passive have 3 charges, the summon unit expires after 3 attacks)

Status
Not open for further replies.