• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need spellmaker for (Unnamed) RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Need spellmaker for (Unnamed) RPG [UPDATED]!

Hello! ^^

Anyway, right now, I'm working on an RPG, and I'm currently stalled because I need spells. I tried to make some spells myself, but the whole MUI thing is completely out of my grasp at this time - all it does is confuse me.

Once the spells are done I can begin testing and balancing and get a demo map released for public testing!

I don't need anything too fancy, but this map has a complicated spell system where your choice of "Element" will make certain spells have different effects (And likewise, slightly different graphics, I hope!) when used. So essentially, each spell is really 5 slightly different spells.

Here is a list of spells for the "Warmaster" class (Note that yellow text indicates non-infused spells, and teal text means that the spells will be infused with the player's element):

Note: Warmaster is a "STR" hero.

Abilities:
+Seppuku – Attempt to disembowel yourself, sacrificing half of your current HP to deal damage to one enemy equal to the amount of HP Sacrificed.

+Bloodthirst – Roar with such a thirst for blood that all melee damage is increased by your STR to yourself and all allies nearby.

+Elemental Sword – Infuses your weapon with the power of your Element, granting it a special effect for 15 Seconds.
Fire – Gives every attack a 20% chance to Stun the target for 1.5 Seconds and deal 2x dmg.
Water – Every attack has a 50% chance to slow the target, causing it to move and attack slower for 2 seconds.
Earth – Your Attack speed is increased by 30%.
Nature – Each attack heals the Warmaster for 15% of the damage dealt.
Air – Each attack drains 20 mana from the enemy.

+Earthquake – Slam your sword into the ground with such force that it creates an earthquake, causing massive damage to foes. (STRx2) (300 AOE)
Fire – Stuns for 2 seconds.
Water – Slows movement speed by 50% for 5 seconds.
Earth – Reduces attributes of all enemies by 25%.
Nature – Deals an additional (STR/2) DMG over 6 seconds.
Air – Deals (STR/2) damage to mana as well.

If any are interested, please reply. I already said it, but it bears saying again, I don't need anything super fancy. The simpler the better. GUI is preferred so that I can make any changes in the future as I do not know JASS to any extent (So unless you want to become my partner and change the spell when necessary, GUI would be a great idea, ^^).

Oh, and...I've looked at many of the spells here on THW, and most of them aren't what I'm looking for. So please no replies saying "Look at the spells section noob" because I already have, and I've picked a few that I like for other spells already. :)

Last edited:
Level 12
/bump...

I really need some help guys. While I'm fiddling with the Creep Respawn system I found to make it work correctly (bloody thing is too confusing for a trigger noob like me to fix easily), it should not be long before I'm completely stalled in the map until the spells are made for me.

Please help out. :(

Even if it's just making the Warmaster spells that i posted, that's still a MAJOR help because that would be one class completed, :D

Level 9
You can prob do all those in GUI. Do a search to learn how to use dummy units and trigger enhanced spells. The basic idea is to give the hero a modified version of Channel that does nothing and trigger all the effects after it is cast.

Level 4
Seppuku is not too hard.

• Seppuku
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Seppuku
      • (Triggering Unit) Equal to "Your Unit"
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Percentage life of (Triggering unit)) / 2.00)
      • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - ((Percentage life of (Triggering unit)) / 2.00))
      • Special Effect - What you want...
It's so simple, or i'm wrong haven't tested it.

Also for the element system, are you going to put passive skills with a spell book?
You will need Jass.

Level 7
I can VJASS your spells, but some questions:

+Seppuku
– OK
+Bloodthirst – Basically, increased damage is calculated by ordering a dummy unit cast a dummy spell, so this seems impossible !
+Elemental Sword – Will grant a random element or all of that(imba) ?
+Earthquake[/COLOR][/B] – Will grant a random element or all of that(imba) ?

Level 12
You can prob do all those in GUI. Do a search to learn how to use dummy units and trigger enhanced spells. The basic idea is to give the hero a modified version of Channel that does nothing and trigger all the effects after it is cast.

Unfortunately, mate, this does not make a spell MUI. That is what I did with the Earthquake spell so far but with Dummy Units and whatnot it cannot be MUI because the Dummy Unit can't cast the ability at the same time for two people - it bugs the spell and gives it an indefinite loop. If it really were that simple, I wouldn't have needed help. But I know it's possible to do these in GUI. :D

I can VJASS your spells, but some questions:

+Seppuku
– OK
+Bloodthirst – Basically, increased damage is calculated by ordering a dummy unit cast a dummy spell, so this seems impossible !
+Elemental Sword – Will grant a random element or all of that(imba) ?
+Earthquake[/COLOR][/B] – Will grant a random element or all of that(imba) ?

Okay. Since nobody seems to understand how this works...

When you pick your character, you pick your hero, your element and your affinity (Affinity is still not a finalized thing yet). The Element is one of 5. Fire, Water, Earth, Nature, and Air. Certain spells like Elemental Sword and Earthquake will be "infused" with the element that you chose.

For instance, if you chose Fire, the Elemental Sword and Earthquake will become the "Fire" versions of that spell. If it's water, it's water, etc.

Until I find a better way of doing it, and until I get to the point where I am going to be using my Save/Load system (And I figure out how lol) I'm using a variable to determine which element you are when you pick the element, and then that variable is used in an If/Then/Else statement with the Else being the next If. That's how I've done it so far. But like I said, this is only a temp solution for now since I don't see how I can implement this into the save/load system unless it make it a hidden ability and give it to the hero, but thats beside the point.

I hope this helps you guys to understand this

Level 4
I think you gonna need so many If/Then/Else functions :D

Have you tried to give passive skills of elements? I mean giving a passive Fire skill to a unit gives it a fire based buff. Then you use "Condition - "Unit" has buff" thing if you want. Maybe a brilliance aura with 0 AoE helps you :)

Last edited:
Level 12
Yeah, Tharky, I think that's how I will change it when I implement the Save/Load thing because I think it will be easier to save/load it with the correct Element that way :D

But what I need is the spells themselves...oh and, to the above poster who said Bloodthirst is impossible....There's a similar move for a Barbarian in TKoK so I know it's possible to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.