• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with Trigger Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey,

To make it simple I just got following questions. If you can help with ANY of them, please respond and I will be more than happy.

It is mostly triggering that is the main issue, but here they are:

Trigger Issues:

1) - Trigger - One thing that bothers me the most is that I made a trigger that deals -damage to the target of ability being cast. Now, the issue is the fact, that it cannot be repeated. I do, deal damage to target of ability being cast, wait 2 sec, deal damage to target of ability being cast. But it does not repeat. The target only takes the first amount of trigger damage. But if I follow the trigger with other triggers, it works with the following triggers...
What's wrong?

2) - Trigger - Also, in question 1, I would like to know a how to create a unit, at the target of ability being cast. I can only get it to work at the casting unit.

3) - Trigger - Short, are there a way to deal trigger area magic damage from Action, and not damage self and allies in the area of the casting unit?

4) - Trigger - I am trying to make a some kind of dungeon system. A unit enters a region, and it was supposed to be marked as variable Player 1 Hero. If it leaves, the mark have to be removed. So when you enter, you can type -join or whatever and there would be a trigger that, entering unit equal to Player 1 Hero is moved to Dungeon 1.
But.... How do I set and remove a Hero as an Variable..?

5) - Ability - If there is one ability I think would be cool to use, it would be Lightning Shield. But the "Targets Allowed" system really bugs me.
How do I make it cast able on allies only, but to damage enemies? Is that even possible?

6) - Ability - The Ability from Mountain Giant called War Club, I have made it target able on units and everything is okay. But when I do it on the unit, I do not achieve the buff to gain bonus damage and the unit stays alive.
Ofc I can just trigger the unit to die on cast, but what do I do with the buff and damage thing, any suggestions?

I hope you can solve some of my questions, thank you very much for paying attention!

-Alex

Level 37
1) Use a variable for the target.
2) Propably the same issue as #1
3) Unit group - pick all unit in range matching conditions. You filter out unwanted units. You loop through the unit group and deal the damage one by one.
4) Unit enters region -> set variable = triggering unit
5) Targets allowed, friend, allied, ground
6) Trigger it.

Level 16
1) - Trigger - One thing that bothers me the most is that I made a trigger that deals -damage to the target of ability being cast. Now, the issue is the fact, that it cannot be repeated. I do, deal damage to target of ability being cast, wait 2 sec, deal damage to target of ability being cast. But it does not repeat. The target only takes the first amount of trigger damage. But if I follow the trigger with other triggers, it works with the following triggers...
What's wrong?

Because you are using wait so when you cast the spell on another unit "target of ability being cast" is set to the new unit so you lose the pointer to the previous unit, to solve this use variables

3) - Trigger - Short, are there a way to deal trigger area magic damage from Action, and not damage self and allies in the area of the casting unit?
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
IMPORTANT: full of leaks just giving you an example.

Level 8
Hey!

Because you are using wait so when you cast the spell on another unit "target of ability being cast" is set to the new unit so you lose the pointer to the previous unit, to solve this use variables

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic

I got a question. How do you loop the action?

Level 23
    • Loop - Actions

This will not work anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.