• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Easy basic spell help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Edit - Aha, got that part.

Now, the 'customscript' ending part, how do i do that? :s.

• BlinkStrike
    • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink Strike
    • Actions
    • Set TempLoc00 = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
    • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
    • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to TempLoc00
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc00)

Level 4
Well, it would be nice if that was actually my trigger, but thats just the example i am trying to copy ;D.

Currently i am stuck on the final part of the trigger, i have not got round to actually testing the spell. Regardless, it is based off of holy light. If you could help me with the 'custom script' ending that would be greatly appreciated.

Level 18
Press Ctrl+R to add a new action. Before doing anything, hit "C" on your keyboard. It should bring you to the Custom Script field, among a large list of other functions for units/destructables/regions/effects/etc...

Level 4
It should simply allow you to type whatever you want.

Type: "call RemoveLocation( udg_TempLoc00 )"

o_O how does it know what im talking about?
What sorts of commands can i type in there?

Regardless, erh, thanks! Now i just need to figure out how to make an enemy hero use this custom ability when i want him to... Do you know by any chance? ;o.

Level 18
Look through the "Units" section of the actions menu. The same place you would find "Unit - Kill" or "Unit - Remove". I believe it is along the lines of:

Unit - Issue order targeting ...

This is fairly simply to figure out, you will learn more if you try to find out these things for yourself before asking questions. Looking through the actions drop-down menu is among the simple things in life.

Level 4
Look through the "Units" section of the actions menu. The same place you would find "Unit - Kill" or "Unit - Remove". I believe it is along the lines of:

Unit - Issue order targeting ...

This is fairly simply to figure out, you will learn more if you try to find out these things for yourself before asking questions. Looking through the actions drop-down menu is among the simple things in life.

Yes i know that, but when i click on the 'attack' option to change it to use ability, the only abilities there are defult melee ones.

Level 18
That's because those are Order strings. If your custom unit has a custom version of "Storm Bolt", it will still use it when ordered "Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt" or whatever. The value refers to a string "thunderbolt" I believe. Notice the "Order String - Use/Turn On" field in the Object Editor when editing an ability.

Level 12
o_O how does it know what im talking about?
What sorts of commands can i type in there?

The thing is, kiddo, that this game ain't all controlled by those boxes and lovely interface - it's a programmer's world. This game is ruled by its own scripting language called JASS, and what you just typed inside that field is a line of it - it says to remove the value of the variable from the memory.
Now that we have that cleared out, look again at the Custom Script... Does it mean anything more to you now?

Regardless, erh, thanks! Now i just need to figure out how to make an enemy hero use this custom ability when i want him to... Do you know by any chance? ;o.

That depends on when do you want the hero to cast that spell... Or what are the Events for the trigger. You'll have to be more specific.
As the users before me said, the order ID is the identification of the order that starts this spell. What you have are the default melee ones, and that's what you have to use... That's why there are problems with two abilities of the same type in the same unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.