• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Damage Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
  • Captian Henrys Sabotage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Captian Henrys Sabotage (Ability Lv0)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 115.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Captian Henrys Sabotage (Ability Lv1)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 275.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Captian Henrys Sabotage (Ability Lv2)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 525.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Captian Henrys Sabotage (Ability Lv3)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 825.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Captian Henrys Sabotage (Ability Lv4)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 2175.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
        • Else - Actions
This trigger should work but it dosent :/

i use the ability and it doese no damage whatsoever to what im using it on, so any help would be apprecated

Level 5
but i wanted to have like, a channeling time, in which if the hero is interuped (stunned, ect) than it would stop channeling. I could just make it wait when the hero starts casting an ability, but then if hes stunned it really dosent matter. Or doese the begin casting an ability start after the cast time? :/ if it doese that would work also, but right now i have it set that the ability cast time is how long that the hero has to wait before the spell accually works (makes sence, right)

Besides, if the "Unit - Unit stops casting an ability" dosent work, than why dose the WE have it in the first place? O_O

Level 5
Hmmm, interesting, but now i have a bigger problem O_O

• Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • Captian[(Player number of (Owner of (Last replaced unit)))] Equal to Captian Rodger
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Add Captian Rodgers Fuel to (Last replaced unit)
        • Unit - Add Captian Rodgers Influence to (Last replaced unit)
      • Else - Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • Captian[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to Captian Rodger
      • Then - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • And - All (Conditions) are true
              • Conditions
                • CaptianLevel[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to 2
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Set level of Captian Rodgers Fuel for PlayerBoat[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to 2
            • Unit - Set level of Captian Rodgers Influence for PlayerBoat[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to 2
          • Else - Actions
      • Else - Actions

This trigger isent working, and iv narrowed it down to this part here:

• If - Conditions
    • And - All (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • CaptianLevel[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to 2
now i KNOW that thats set to 2, so i dont see why it dosent work :(

Level 5
  • Unit - A unit buys a unit
But than later on it deleates the buying unit and replaces it (thus the last replaced unit)

anyways, i think whats happening is that the CaptianLevel var is being changed, i made a command to display if it = 2, i tested it (worked), bought a difrent ships (the trigger), and tested it again (dident work) O_O

Level 5
Well, this should work because the second part (all the trigger lines with (Triggering unit) is accually a second trigger called from the first half, because the second half is used by another trigger that runs when the hero levels up, and THAT works. once again, i think it is a problem with the CaptianLevel variable and i know its 2 before i buy the unit, and after i run the same test again and its not equal to 2.

Edit: I have figured out a little problem - I set a text message to play when a unit buys a unit, and the CaptianLevel var is = to 2. When i buy a unit, it dosent display anything, so i think that for some reason the CaptianLevel var is changing when i buy a unit (even though its an integer value O_O) i think its reseting the CaptianLevel var to 0.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.