• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Map Crashes to Main Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey Guys, I use New Gen
I tested my map, instantly brought to main menu. can't get it to work ingame, just sends me to main menu. friend tried, same thing. I worked literally 10 minutes ago. I copied one trigger, its event driven

• ReapAbility
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Reap
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Reap for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Percentage life of (Picked unit)) Less than or equal to 10.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 1000000000.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
                • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 1.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Reap for (Casting unit)) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Percentage life of (Picked unit)) Less than or equal to 15.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 1000000000.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
                • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 2.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Reap for (Casting unit)) Equal to 3
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Percentage life of (Picked unit)) Less than or equal to 20.00
                • Then - Actions
                • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 3.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions

Level 4
So i deleted, re added it. it worked. added another ability, same problem as original. is there a problem with my map that causes new triggers to malfunction?

Same process fixed it again, but itd be really annoying if I had to do this every time I wanted to add a new trigger

Level 4
I figured it out. After searching through the forums an hour, someone had a similar problem however long ago; apparently it's caused when you add a jass trigger to the map, and then test map without saving first. Just a bug with NewGen Editor. So the solution, Save before Test
Thanks guys, +Reps

I have been coding (C++, Python, Java, Flash) for several years, and making maps for several games (sc1, C&C, Wc3, sc2, Hlf1, Hlf2, Other Source Games) since I was 8 years old. And I only just figured our how to use the For Loop in the WC3 GUI. :D
I don't believe you.
The way you coded that trigger is really bad.
There are few things you can't know like (TriggeringUnit = CasterUnit in this case) but, using argument instead 3 or more if then else blocks seems reasonable.

Level 4
free time coding vs professional coding is an entirely different world. if all you have to say is something negative about my code, then don't bother. I don't care about your ad hominems. My code works and I've never had an issue in any map where my code made the map unplayable. If you must know or intend to insult my coding abilities again, i'll inform you that I tend to review my code and change it for optimum efficiency to my best knowledge. Thanks for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.