• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with a Custom Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to make a Campaign with as main Character Hero who uses a bow and arrow as his main weapon but also can use a melee weapon as a secondary. Now I know I can just have him use the weapon as an ability but because of the way I want to do certain things with some of the other Heroes, I decided I wanted to see if I could make his usage of his bow and arrows limited to how many he can have. (This number of course being unlimited and kept track via the Lumber meter, and the steady resupplying of arrows as he kills enemies who drop them) My only foreseeable difficulty in doing this is that even if I use an item (undroppable and only replaceable through triggers) to switch this heroes between his melee and his bow and arrows, how do I make his animations coincide with this change.

The Model I am using for this character is HalduronBrightwing courtesy of R.A.N.G.I.T. (Thank you again for the work and should this campaign work out you will be accreditted)

Level 12
I would use morph to switch between the two forms (so you have two identical hero units, only with different attacks), and just switch the hero back to its meele form and forbid him from morphing (set requirement of the skill to some dummy unit, which you add or remove from the game, depending on the players ammunition)

Level 2
Thx Mort

I've already had to fiddle witht he morphing skill for one of my other heroes but it didn't occur to me to do that for the main one. thx for the tip. I'll write back if I still need some help.

*11/1* Just thought I'd edit the post to say it worked. Thx again Mort.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.