• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change the unit's animation with item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey guys, i've got rid of my problem but new ones have come out :D

Now, the problem is this;

Our character chooses a weapon(item) such as spear, axe, sword,... but the main character has got
a villager model which attacks with bare hands and kicks.

So the thing i gotta solve is when the character takes spear in hand he'll have a spear attached to
both hands and attack with that not with his bare hands while he's got a weapon as its happening now...
And when he drops the weapon the weapon will be gone and his attacks will be reset to his previous one (again punch and kick).

Hope i explained it well any help is needed i gotta deal with this one before i can continue my map.

Level 25
The model has to be animated as such. If it does have those animations, then it depends on how they're called.
If it's done smartly, it would be set up so you would have to use animation tags (e.g. all animations ending with "alternate" are meant for two-handed attacks, etc.).
"Animation - add/remove animation tag for unit"

Status
Not open for further replies.