• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with several things about attachments and unit animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I wondering why nobody already asked this over here ( i have searched the whole forum about it)

Iam making a RPG map atm and wanna know some things about attachments etc
As the first thing: how i can detect the atachment points of a unit model so that i know on what parts i can attach serveral things.

Also i wanna know how i can make it that if my character picks up a bow that he get a range attack. And the unit should "really" use the bow and not only use it as a wooden stick to bash his enemies.

I have seen this in a map named "dark lineage owen 0.3" that if the character picks up a bow he use it as a range weapon and it haves the animation to use the bow.

Also would be helpful if someone can tell me if i can change the attack hand of a unit. For example a villager uses his left hand to atack but i want that he use the right hand to atack because it looks very funny if he hav a sword on the right hand but attacks with his attached shield on the left hand...

please help me with this little(but maybe big) problems.

Level 11
how i can detect the atachment points of a unit model so that i know on what parts i can attach serveral things.

You need some model editor, mago's for example

Also i wanna know how i can make it that if my character picks up a bow that he get a range attack. And the unit should "really" use the bow and not only use it as a wooden stick to bash his enemies.

Model editor again, model in that map probably has a Attack Alternate animation with bow. Also one of ways to change melee attack for range is to give a Ranged attack to that unit, and set range to some small number. You just change range when unit pick that bow (this is ofc only one way, there is a bit more)

Also would be helpful if someone can tell me if i can change the attack hand of a unit. For example a villager uses his left hand to atack but i want that he use the right hand to atack because it looks very funny if he hav a sword on the right hand but attacks with his attached shield on the left hand...

Model edito again :D But more simple is to rotate shield model, and that will be able to be as atachment to left hand.

please help me with this little(but maybe big) problems.

Well, it's pretty hard to create your own animations :)

Level 2
There are lots of programs to do the things you need done...

A possibility for changing the units range would be, once the item is picked up the unit model switches to one animated with a ranged attack... which would probably be a unit replacement trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.