• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

bow attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hi guys, another question :p i downloaded an bow attachment and made an ability with the bow as attachment, and than the ability on an item. That works fine, if i pick up the item i hold an bow in my hand but when i attacks he attacks like a sword so uses the bow as a sword. How can i set it that he use it like a bow, with missile and things.

Thomas

ps. i used this bow

Convert the model of his with Mdlx. Open the mdl file (it automatically opens with Notepad) and scroll down to the animations. When you see the bow animation, start counting from the first animation from 0 to the animation count in the list. If, for example, the animation is the seventh in the row, then consider "6", as the number, because you start counting from 0. Now go to the Trigger Editor and use this:
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit uses an item
  • Conditions
    • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Bow
  • Actions
    • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex (GetTriggerUnit(), X)
You see that "X"? This is where you need to place the number you picked from the notepad. Good luck.
Reference:
[•] http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools.php?id=yzpnex

Level 4
well i converted it but where can i see its the animation and what row and things, i dont understand it...

Level 4
but how can i see "his animations" what are "his animations" and how can this help. The animation of the bow is now like a sword animation and do i have to set something in the object editor so he shoots?

Level 4
mmm... but other people who downloaded it got an bow animation with an missile and i not... i try downloading another one

Cant Find that villager model of the_witcher...

really? I'm sure I found it there, just browse thru it, its also easier if you just look thru the units
(I hope you know how to do it)... if you cannot find it you can download his equipment system and export the model from the map...

PS: do not double post! use the edit button...

Level 3
gosh without modding the unit animation in the model...

I guess you could go frame by frame through the unit animation and look for the spot that looks like he is using a bow the most. Then trigger him to freeze animation at that point, and return to walk or stand when hes done. It wont look very quality though. I think thats the best you could do without modding.

I would take this opportunity to learn to do some model editing, the tools and the sources are there, you just need to use them.

Level 1
to help with searching for the_witcher's model, the model name isnt the_witcher, the name of the person who made it is, just search all models made by the_witcher and viola...

Status
Not open for further replies.