• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation/Trigger help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I need to use the Many Animations Villager so i can equip bow, etc. But how do i manage so that when he picks up bow he attacks with the bow animation and then if sword then with sword animation, This without swapping heroes because i need to be able to save his items + alot other stuffs , proffessions , backpacks etc. So in general i need this but he must not be swapped or replaced. Can someone help?

Level 15
Animation tags are basically, little bits of code

so if you have two animations, "Stand PRO", and "Stand NOOB" it would say, hmm, stand is the animation a unit makes when its not walking, has there been an animation tag added anywhere? Yes? its NOOB? (Use STAND NOOB instead of Stand PRO)

I'm sure you could make a better explanation than this...
Animations are something like this...stand animation(where the unit just stands-default animation),work animation(where it shows the unit's working animation,works on building too,like when they are producing a unit).

Level 7
Oh y BTW is there any way to alter a units movementspeed and attackspeed? /Without raising/lowering attributes. For example when a unit uses a mace they need to attack more slowly. And when using two swords then very fast, etc, Also im gonna make a fatigue system so can someone tell me how reduce movement speed too? Help Needed.

Search for the Item Attack Speed Increase ability. I dont remember how its exactly called, but its the same then the Glove of haste.

Make modified versions of this ability and give them to those weapons. Unfortunely you cant decrease unit attack speed by this, only increase, so, I suggest you make your hero have a very low attack speed, and make every weapon have an ability based on that one I mentioned, with diferent degrees of speed increase.

EDIT: Also, you dont need triggers to increase/reduce unit's movement speed with diferent weapons. Make an abilities based on Endurance Aura, make it only target "self", remove the effects, and give them to the weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.