• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with several things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I need a partner or some one that can help me with the following;
-Items not only consumable's.
-Spells how to import it into my map.
-Screen Shoots in Map Description.
-Ideas how my map can be better: Protectors of the Earth my map.

I would be very happy if some one could help me with those things.
A bit of the map i gonna make;
-Its a Defence/Surviving/Protecting map.
-You can choose 12 Unique Hero's.
-33 waves of powerfully Creeps. 49 minuts gameplay already [gonna have total of 90 waves.]
-Some items.

If you want to be my partner in making this Map please send me a message.

:fp::goblin_boom::fp::thumbs_up:

Level 25
#1 - "Items not only consumable's"
I'm not sure what do you mean by that. If you mean that you have items that are consumed upon using but you want them to be permanent, just find that item in Object Editor and make sure that your item has these fields set as:
Stats - Actively Used: True
Stats - Number of Charges: 0
Stats - Perishable: False
That will allow that item to be used continually without disappearing

#2 - Spells how to import it into my map.
First go to File -> Preferences -> "General" tab and tick (cross) the field for "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data"

Then go to map that has the spell you want to import, open object editor, copy that spell's ability (press CTRL + C), then open your map, go to object editor and paste that ability (CTRL + V). Then go to trigger editor and copy and paste all triggers related to that spell (same way as you did with the ability)

Edit:
#3 - Screen Shoots in Map Description
What do you mean by that? If you mean map preview image, then you need an image that is 128x128 or 256x256 pixels and is saved as .tga image. The name of it has to be "war3mapPreview"
When you import it into map, delete the custom path, so it is only "war3mapPreview.tga"; not "war3mapImported/war3mapPreview.tga"

I think that I am able to help you through your map. I will not be here between 23 June and 3 July but otherwise I will be very active. I'm also working on my first map and in my opinion my map is pretty nice for a first try. You can click on my signiture and see for yourself. So if you need someone then my doors are open :)

Google is your friend unless...
job-fails-i-think-my-computer-is-trolling-me.jpg

Level 20
Okay:
For Meteor Swarm:
-Since I don't see any other required libraries or systems, the only problem I can spot you might have made is that you did not correctly enter the Dummy's and the Ability's IDs correctly in the main code of the spell, in the scope MeteorSwarm initializer.

For Shadow Leap:
-Okay this one needs multiple other libraries, but should work after you've imported everything it needs. Usually those systems and libraries require you to simply copy and paste. Contact Maker if you have any more troubles since it's his spell.

For Soul Grasp:
-Maybe since the variables there doesn't have proper prefixes maybe they're interfering with your other triggers. Otherwise, you might want to tell us more about your problem there. Also, maybe there was a dummy used you might have imported but still retained the same ID. If possible use JNGP to change that Dummy's ID, and also maybe when you imported it, the condition in the spell that checks if the ability cast is the respective ability has been changed.

For World's End
-The only thing that needs to be imported besides the triggers is the dummy unit used by the projectile system and the dummy.mdx in the import manager. Also make sure that that dummy unit's ID is different from the one Meteor Swarm uses.

For Freezing Field
-Maybe you mistyped the dummy's ID again, check that. Otherwise, please explain more about your problem.

For Arcane Judgment
-Check this field (As well as any other GUI spell you might want to import):
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to AJ_Spell
Also check if AJ_Spell is properly set to the Arcane Judgment Spell. Otherwise, again please explain more.

For Meat Mash
- Make sure you import other systems correctly. Some libraries this spell uses is already being used by Shadow Leap, so you no longer need to import the same other libraries twice. Follow the import instructions word by word, and make sure to import everything in the Import Manager. Now, since the import manager at this point already has the Dumm.mdx my World's End uses, no longer need to import it again. Also, after which make sure you also make the dummy for the spell, and correctly set it's ID in the spell code. Otherwise, contact Magtheridon96 for further problems.

That is all I can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.