• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Need Help with Camera Rotations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Hello Everyone! :grin:

I had problems working on camera rotations with my map with the use of chat commands. I've successfully made the first camera rotation which is the locked camera on a specific Hero, but I need 3 more of the camera rotations that will work on my chat commands, here are the following camera styles:

:fp: First Person Camera [-fp] It stays behind on the specific Hero.
:fp: Normal Camera [-np] It returns back to its original locked camera.
:fp: Unlock Camera [-uc] It unlocks the original locked camera of the specific hero so that you can explore the map.

Note: I wont be using the Action Trigger that "Selects a Unit".

I really don't know how to make these triggers work and I need help. If someone knows how to let it work, please tell me thanks!

Last edited:
Level 17
Couldn't you just add strings for when the user types a message, and then shift the camera to that mode over a period of time?
Here is what I'm talking about (this is for normal view):
1zg4a6e.jpg

You could change the "Player 1" to variables, right? So it matches for all players?
I'm sorry if this didn't help.

Level 30
Thanks for the Help :))

Couldn't you just add strings for when the user types a message, and then shift the camera to that mode over a period of time?
Here is what I'm talking about (this is for normal view):
1zg4a6e.jpg

You could change the "Player 1" to variables, right? So it matches for all players?
I'm sorry if this didn't help.

its ok, thanks for the help but it didn't work, can you give another examples for it? :grin:

something to do with...

in FPS, you should make a trigger that runs every 0.03 seconds and adjust this inside the trigger...

• Camera - Field (height, distance, Angle), just adjust as you desire...
Normal camera & Unlock (turn off the FPS trigger, then Camera - Reset)

uhm can you give me an example? because i don't understand the "Camera - Field " you just mentioned :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.