• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need example triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
For the whole day I have tried to make boss to perform following very simple action:

player enters region/close proximity
boss begins spell channeling animation
boss casts custom ability, i have used thunder clap as base ability
spell spawns big area effect
player units take damage

So far only thing I have managed to create is animation, and even that bugs like hell

I would really appreciate good example of this kind of GUI trigger so I can edit it and create different boss spells.

Level 7
That section is for triggers that need fixing, I decided to abandon all my previous attempts and now I am asking for good example. Also I didnt really define what kind of spell I want.

Level 7
If i give normal abilities from ability list to boss, like blizzard etc, why doesnt the boss cast those spells or casts some spell only once and then just autoattacks?

Don't double post or more, get used to Edit your post before.

If you already have a trigger and it doesnt work, the trigger section would be better.

If you only search someone to do it for you, post it please in the request section.

And always post your trigger please with using BB code... how else users could help you to find the mistake?

Level 7
I am not talking about triggers, I just added the spell to unit in object editor. Why isnt the boss casting those spells?

Level 25
I'm not really good with the generic unit AI that is in WCIII, but afaik, each ability has conditions to when it can be used by AI - there was a thread about it on this site which listed those abilities and their conditions (imagine something like this: for Flame Strike to be cast, there have to be at least 4 enemies clustered together)

It may be this thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ustom-spells-cast-melee-game-ai-units-193280/

Status
Not open for further replies.