• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Group spell trigger problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Okay heres there problem, I wanna do a spell which allow the caster to cast ensare onto every units in 800 range around him, but excludes magic immune, invisible, invulnerable, structures and of course allies.

I think I did the excluding correctly... but something is wrong. The ensare was not casted onto the picked units. Am I doing it wrong?

• Nerubian Giant Web
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Web of Destruction (Spell)
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: |cff87CEFANerubian ...
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: |cffff4500[Ultimate...
      • Wait 2.50 seconds
      • Unit - Add Web of Destruction (Trigger) to Boss[2]
      • Unit - Order Boss[2] to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
      • Set Temp_Group = (Units within 800.00 of (Position of Boss[2]) matching ((((Matching unit) has buff Divine Shield (Skill)) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) has buff Invisible ) Equal to False) or ((((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False) or ((((Matching unit)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for Player 9 (Gray) at Temp_Point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 4.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • AI - Ignore (Last created unit)'s guard position
          • Unit - Add Web of Destruction (Target) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Raider - Ensnare (Picked unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_Group)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Web of Destruction (Trigger) from Boss[2]

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
You should check the following possibilities...

1 - The dummy unit does not have mana to ensare.

2 - The Ability [ Web of ext.. ] isn't a copy of the ensare ability.

3 - You should set who is BOSS[2] .. for now it is a NONE unit. [ maybe it was set in another trigger :S ]

4 - The spell leaks ... just wanted to tell you.. set bj_WantDestroyGroup = true .. before You create the variabel temp_Group...

5 - The Ensare ability does not have that high range, or it needs to be upgraded [ Remove The requirements from it if u didn't ]

Level 5
You should check the following possibilities...

1 - The dummy unit does not have mana to ensare.

2 - The Ability [ Web of ext.. ] isn't a copy of the ensare ability.

3 - You should set who is BOSS[2] .. for now it is a NONE unit. [ maybe it was set in another trigger :S ]

4 - The spell leaks ... just wanted to tell you.. set bj_WantDestroyGroup = true .. before You create the variabel temp_Group...

5 - The Ensare ability does not have that high range, or it needs to be upgraded [ Remove The requirements from it if u didn't ]

1 - Checked, the spell does not have mana at all

2 - It is stated as an ensare ability so no problem here.

3 - This was set in another trigger.

4 - What this do? I'm not very sure I understand this.

5 - This is the problem, requirements was not removed. However..

It still doesn't work, but when I attached the skill to a footman and tried myself, the skill icon wasn't there. So I used Crypt fiend's web and finally the whole spell works correctly. Thread solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.