• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Melee] Need comments on this hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm working on this map that's about Paladins invading the Lich King's citadel. Although unlike the instance, this map is an altered melee map balance is an integral part.

Thus I'd like to hear your opinions about this particular skillset for a Paladin. He's not the normal Paladin but a "command" unit of sorts so he's supposed to be a little stronger than normal heroes but not enough to completely break the balance. His role falls between damage dealer and a support hero.

Penitence
Silences a single target and damages them over time for a total of 200/250/300 damage and decreases their attack by 10/20/30%.

Hammer of Wrath
Deals 150/275/400 damage and stuns for 5 seconds on all levels

Devotion Aura
Gives 1.5/3.0/4.0 armor. The same as the normal Devotion Aura.

Guardian Angel
The same as Omniknight's in DotA. Adds a ridiculous amount of armor to get 100% reduction on everything for 10 seconds.

In my honest opinion, you should also alter 'Hammer of Wrath'. The high damage output and mobility decreasement (stun, btw. 5 seconds = very much time) is pretty much like the effects of 'Penitence'.
Suggestion: Replace it with a kind of 'damage over time' and armor reduction, probably based on the 'holy light' spell? Actually, that spell might heal allied units over time and increase their armor for x seconds and likeweise deal damage over time to enemied units and decrease their armor.

Level 3
5 sec stun o.0 .
You said its Alter Melee , 5 sec stun is for AoS maps ... make it 2 sec , 5 sec is to OP in Alter Melee.
P.S : What model/skin are you using for humans ? I whoud advice you to make humans Scarlet Crusader who by WOW lore defeathed the Litch King :D .

Level 7
Hey,
the ideas sound great at all. But you should decrease the stun duration, thats too much.

And your spell Guardian Angel is using armor to reduce anything by 100%?
Why don't you use the spell berserk, you can set 'incoming damage' to -100%
So nothing will deal damage. No spells, no auto attacks (only triggers with 'set life of unit to x')

I don't know the value of armor reduction, but if some spells deal up to 500 damage.. well I think 4 armor with a passive is not that much.

Hope this helps!

Level 7
I'm working on this map that's about Paladins invading the Lich King's citadel. Although unlike the instance, this map is an altered melee map balance is an integral part.

Thus I'd like to hear your opinions about this particular skillset for a Paladin. He's not the normal Paladin but a "command" unit of sorts so he's supposed to be a little stronger than normal heroes but not enough to completely break the balance. His role falls between damage dealer and a support hero.

Penitence
Silences a single target and damages them over time for a total of 200/250/300 damage and decreases their attack by 10/20/30%.

Hammer of Wrath
Deals 150/275/400 damage and stuns for 5 seconds on all levels

Devotion Aura
Gives 1.5/3.0/4.0 armor. The same as the normal Devotion Aura.

Guardian Angel
The same as Omniknight's in DotA. Adds a ridiculous amount of armor to get 100% reduction on everything for 10 seconds.

You could give him a On next attack Shockwave that also gives a knockback push when released.

The Aura, isn't creative at all, its petty, you should try something like a regeneration aura or something to revive a nearby allied unit ever X seconds or w/e.

The first spell I dislike in general all the way, he has a hammer how is he reducing attack speed, seems far fetched, you can come up with something better for the concept of a paladin, they are holy knights.

The Guardian angel is your second attempt of lack of creativity, you should have him channel for a second as beams come down to give him bonus armor then add a aura on him to give nearby allies reduced damage taken or something you can come up with something better, doing basic spells is soo boring.

Level 19
1. Three effects seems to harsh. Tone it to two.
2. 5 second stun and 400 damage is too overpowered. Half a second to 1.5 is good enough. If not, make it a slow instead.
3. Change it.
4. "On everything" seems to overpowered and gives little information. Change it.

I see no way that he can command his own units, except for his aura. He needs a better aura and more supportive spells. I suggest you make him based on grouping together units and using AoE spells to empower those grouped units. It sounds more command-like.

Status
Not open for further replies.