• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Need ideas for Hero abilities in my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So, I'm in the process of adding heroes to my map, and I'm currently stumped for hero abilities at the moment. I could really use some ideas. My map has custom factions/races, so for more info on that, there's a link to my map's thread in my signature. Anyway, here's what I've got so far, and what I'll need.

Norsemen Heroes
qnIipkk.png
Jarl - Strength Hero
, has Command Aura(Increases damage of nearby units). Needs two more leveled abilities and one ultimate.
ZF2hmwA.png
Shadow Assassin - Agility Hero, has Wind Walk and Shadow Strike. Needs one more leveled ability and one ultimate.
FCX37na.png
Arch Druid - Intelligence Hero, has Healing Wave and Summon Grizzly. Needs one more leveled ability and one ultimate. I'd like the ultimate to revolve around human sacrifice, like you sacrifice a unit and it does something.

Undead Empire
wuwk7R2.png
Dark Lord - Strength Hero
, has Nether Blast(create blast of death energy at the target location), Dark Conversion (Charm), Reality Crush (teleport to a target location and do AoE damage and stun enemies at said target location), Unholy Rebirth (Reincarnation). Dark Lord is complete.
nspybrR.png
Death Knight - Agility Hero, has Death Touch(hurl a blast of dark energy that damages and stuns a target enemy and heals the Death Knight for the same amount), Unholy Aura, Reanimate (Animate Dead) and Corpse Explosion (Explode a corpse to deal damage to enemies). Death Knight is complete.
X9WZOJD.png
Vampire Lord - Intelligence Hero, has Bat Swarm (conjure a swarm of bats to damage and stun enemies), Bathe in Blood (recover health when killing a unit in melee combat), Drain Life, and Tyranny of the Sun(turn day to night for a set amount of time). Vampire Lord also has the innate ability, Gift of the Nightborne (grants increased attack speed and movement speed during the night). Vampire Lord is complete.

Drow

No heroes planned for the Drow, yet.

Elf Templar
h841HwI.png
Vindicator - Strength Hero
, has Justice Hammer (toss a hammer at a target location. When the hammer hits enemy units, it deals AoE damage and stuns), Holy Armor (temporarily increases the armor of a target unit while regenerating lost hit points), Devotion Aura, and Conviction (conjures waves of beams of holy light from the sky that deal damage to enemies). Vindicator is complete.
XQpG4QQ.png
Rogue - Agility Hero, has True Shot Aura. Needs two more leveled abilities and one ultimate.
w6Iotc2.png
Inquisitor - Intelligence Hero, needs three leveled abilities and one ultimate.

Any and all ideas are appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help I receive!

Level 28
Jarl:

Runeblade (Active): While active, blocks a spell every X seconds and dispels attacked target.

Bear-Shirt (Active): Greatly increases damage and attack speed, but reduces armor.

Raid (Active): Increases move and attack speed of all nearby allied units, and gives 1 gold for every attack made.

Shadow Assassin:

Shadowsight (Active): Targets a unit. Gives sight of the enemy unit and gives it a high chance to miss attacks.

Garmr (Active): Summons a hellish wolf in a pillar of fire that deals damage to enemies and continues to burn them. Wolf has Cleaving Attack and Spell Immunity.

Archdruid:

Eyes of the Raven (Passive): Attacks decrease enemy armor.

Chooser of the Slain (Active): Targets an area. Friendly units in the area deal increased damage but take damage over time. On death, deals damage to all surrounding enemies and restores X mana to the Archdruid.

Rogue:

Quiver (Active): While active, greatly increases attack speed.

Camouflage: Gives Evasion and invisibility when not moving or attacking.

Snipe (Active, Channeling): Channels before firing an arrow at a target area at very long range. Units within the area take massive damage.

Inquisitor:

Purging Flame (Active): Removes all buffs from target unit and deals damage over time.

Arcane Transfer (Passive): Attacks drain mana from target and disrupt channeling.

Confession (Active): Targets a unit. Unit is stunned and briefly reveals all buildings owned by the unit's owner.

Arcane Empowerment (Active): While active, becomes immune to magic, deals increased damage, and has Feedback and splash damage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.