• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need artwork? Come here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i need this has a loading screen plz:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 300 loading.jpg
    300 loading.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 764
Level 5
I'd like to have this picture made into a loading screen but i need it to be more special and awesome
Picture
Is there anyway u can add a word below of the word left 4 dead?
I'd like it to be like this -->Left 4 Dead
Versus
Currently its only Left 4 Dead,Hope one of u can make it as awesome as possible.
Can you post the edited picture too,because i want it to be a display picture too when everyone is waiting for the game to begin.hope u catch what i mean :}

Last edited:
Level 35
I'd like to have this picture made into a loading screen but i need it to be more special and awesome
Picture
Is there anyway u can add a word below of the word left 4 dead?
I'd like it to be like this -->Left 4 Dead
Versus
Currently its only Left 4 Dead,Hope one of u can make it as awesome as possible.
Can you post the edited picture too,because i want it to be a display picture too when everyone is waiting for the game to begin.hope u catch what i mean :}

Sure easy as pie...

Although I wonder why you only want it to say: versus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
kamermanbr: Photoshop is quite the tool.

Level 35
Why have I not gotten my loading screen?

When and what did you request.. And from whom?

Here you go TWL.xViNz:

Download it here

left-4-dead.jpg

Included the map preview in the zip.

Have fun - and remember to give credit

btw: Considered using the blood to write it with, similar to the number 4... But thought you wanted it more "normal"

Level 5
Sure easy as pie...

Although I wonder why you only want it to say: versus.

kamermanbr: Photoshop is quite the tool.

the blood written versus looks awesome
Would it be too much to ask if you can edit it again and add in a little style :p to make it more scarier and
add in TWL.xViNz&ORLYowl Presents... somewhere?Ill +rep you :p
Thanks alot!!!

Level 35
the blood written versus looks awesome
Would it be too much to ask if you can edit it again and add in a little style :p to make it more scarier and
add in TWL.xViNz&ORLYowl Presents... somewhere?Ill +rep you :p
Thanks alot!!!

Okay so you will prefer it written in blood? k. And sure adding that would be easy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just need the loading screen, someone ahs made the minimap already.

Oh yea, doh. It was me whom made you the map preview.... I just forgot to make the other part... Hold on a sec.

btw: And you better remove that double post :wink:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 35
Lol Photoshop can't convert a image into a mdx file lol :S

Yes with the right mod's :grin: (joking)

Nahh really we use Photoshop (or some of us do). Then we combine it with the pre-made loading screen mdx., and just make sure our texture (the picture is named that correct path).. That really it. Because Photoshop can indeed convert to tga.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit to both of my clients... one of you might have to wait to tomorrow before getting it.

Level 35
Lol,red :O im sorry but i just got a new terrainer can u edit the picture again -_- and make it TWLL.xViNz&ORLYowl&The World Is Flat Presents...

Extremely sorry!:confused:

lulz... Sure, i'l edit it.

Here you go

Download it here
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 2
I got a question. I'm on a mac and I've tried to get my custom loading screen to work many times but to no avail. I downloaded the mac .blp converter and converted the .tga file to .blp, but when I upload it to be a custom back round, it does not work and says that there is no appropriate image to use. What am I doing wrong, I'm sorry if it is super obvious, but I've never done this before.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Level 19
I have a very special request

is it possible to make a loadscreen with loadbars

b9yhw8jwctc3a87uj.jpg

maybe some previewscreen in it

and after load has finished there will apear a rotating pentagram like that

b9yhyh5ec9huf04vv.gif

b9yi0uk4pmf7570l7.jpg

i had the problem that the pentagram was deformed and looked like an egg and i didnt get it to rotate either (there is some tutorial about it but for me it seems like u need modelling knowledge to understand how it works oO)
and the loadingbars should be shown over the rotating pentagram

because my english sux i ll try to say it again:

while loading:
mappreviewscreen + loading bars //loading bars are most essential the previewscreen is not needed if it is very hard to apply

after loading:
load bars + rotating pentagram in the background//actually i dont know if it is even possible but i have seen loading bars in a custom loadscreen and red some tutorials which makes me hope that it will be possible

because i am not sure if i will maintain this pentagram there is no need for you to make it with this pentagram but i think that i will be able to replace the 4 pieces of the picture with the one i am going to want to

anyway did u write down ur knowledge about making loadingscreens somewhere?
there probably are many people who would like to know how it works and for example the stuff i am requesting isnt written anywhere as far as i am concerned

Level 12
I have a very special request

is it possible to make a loadscreen with loadbars

b9yhw8jwctc3a87uj.jpg

maybe some previewscreen in it

and after load has finished there will apear a rotating pentagram like that

b9yhyh5ec9huf04vv.gif

b9yi0uk4pmf7570l7.jpg

i had the problem that the pentagram was deformed and looked like an egg and i didnt get it to rotate either (there is some tutorial about it but for me it seems like u need modelling knowledge to understand how it works oO)
and the loadingbars should be shown over the rotating pentagram

because my english sux i ll try to say it again:

while loading:
mappreviewscreen + loading bars //loading bars are most essential the previewscreen is not needed if it is very hard to apply

after loading:
load bars + rotating pentagram in the background//actually i dont know if it is even possible but i have seen loading bars in a custom loadscreen and red some tutorials which makes me hope that it will be possible

because i am not sure if i will maintain this pentagram there is no need for you to make it with this pentagram but i think that i will be able to replace the 4 pieces of the picture with the one i am going to want to

anyway did u write down ur knowledge about making loadingscreens somewhere?
there probably are many people who would like to know how it works and for example the stuff i am requesting isnt written anywhere as far as i am concerned

ANYTHING is posible :D (and yes u need modeling knowledge to make it rotate as its an animation~ to the .mdx file that loads the .blp :p if it looked like an egg its posibly because its not a 3:4 size :p 3:4 = 600 X 800 etc. (NEEDS to be a rectangle with a 3:4 ratio else it will be resized wrong by WC3 :p))

Last edited:
Level 19
ANYTHING is posible :D (and yes u need modeling knowledge to make it rotate as its an animation~ to the .mdx file that loads the .blp :p if it looked like an egg its posibly because its not a 3:4 size :p 3:4 = 600 X 800 etc. (NEEDS to be a rectangle with a 3:4 ratio else it will be resized wrong by WC3 :p))

to modify the bars its pretty simple, look for it in the .MPQ archive for the loading bars (i will be doing it now and will give the path to speed up the process of whoever is doing it :p)

thats great! :thumbs_up:

thanks in advance
(dunno what to say else
if u have some ideas on how to thank you let me know
rep + credits ofc :)

edit: ah y ofc the load bars should work (just in case i didnt wrote clearly) but u will know about this i think ^^

Level 12
thats great! :thumbs_up:

thanks in advance
(dunno what to say else
if u have some ideas on how to thank you let me know
rep + credits ofc :)

edit: ah y ofc the load bars should work (just in case i didnt wrote clearly)

i know how to make an rotating/moving .mdx but i cant do it :( but i can make you your loading bars or atleast give the files (if you want RED or Hub to do it :p)

Last edited:
Level 19
i know how to make an rotating/moving .mdx but i cant do it :( but i can make you your loading bars or atleast give the files (if you want RED or Hub to do it :p)

EDIT: Done found all files

i searched for the tutorial which explains how to show the load bars over a custom background http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36757 maybe it is possible to combine them maybe not

thanks a lot for all your help till now :grin:

and how do u make it rotating? with only 1 part of screen it should be esay if u know how to [ i dont :( ] but how to rotate 4 that they are looking like they fit together? oO
edit: i just recolored the loading bars but they remain the same color (i am quite sure i didnt compress them but i am noob i dont know x)
ofc i used the given paths
+ i used gimp for it it worked for skins (well actually i didnt do much skinning i just drew some penis on the oger skirt) but it worked fine
what could i have been doing wrong else?

Attachments

• Loading-BarFill.BLP
    4.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Loading-BarFill.TGA
    16 KB · Views: 52
  • Loading-BarGlow.BLP
    17.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Loading-BarGlow.TGA
    256 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Level 12
OHHHHHHHHH :O! its pretty easy to have it WITH loading bars, sorry didnt understand before XD leme get it for you :O

well atleast now you have custom loading bars, XD

to add loading bars you have to split them and replace the normal loading screen with the custom one :O

here is how :O

(send me the file unconverted custom loading screen and i shall recrop them for you :smile:)

1. lock all players to "Human"
2. Use the basic loading screen (Race-wise)
3. upload the 4 Custom BLPs
4. Rename them like this:
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-BotLeft.BLP
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-Human-BotRight.BLP
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-Human-TopRight.BLP
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-TopLeft.BLP
5.Test Map

Level 19
OHHHHHHHHH :O! its pretty easy to have it WITH loading bars, sorry didnt understand before XD leme get it for you :O

well atleast now you have custom loading bars, XD

to add loading bars you have to split them and replace the normal loading screen with the custom one :O

here is how :O

(send me the file unconverted custom loading screen and i shall recrop them for you :smile:)

1. lock all players to "Human"
2. Use the basic loading screen (Race-wise)
3. upload the 4 Custom BLPs
4. Rename them like this:
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-BotLeft.BLP
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-Human-BotRight.BLP
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-Human-TopRight.BLP
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-TopLeft.BLP
5.Test Map

if u use the basic loading screen how do you change it being animated then (i thought the information about what should be done with it was saved in the LoadingScreen.mdx?)
well i already said that im not sure which pentagram i am going to use so dont feel bad if i am going to replace the one you are going to make for me with another one
i only want to know how i can do it
i uploaded the pentagram in one of my previous posts already but the resolution isnt very good ill make a better one anyway
+ i didnt manage to change the loadbar color yet (see above too but i didnt want to make a new post so i just edited it)
+ which resolution would be best if it will be rotated?
should the background be transparent or black or white or does it matter anyway?

Level 12
yes but if you want it to move AND have custom bars you need to have someone modify this one:

UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Load-Multiplayer-Human.mdx

Edit: Best resolution = a 3:4 ratio any rectangle whose sides have a 3:4 ratio works

Attachments

• Load-Multiplayer-Human.mdx
    3 KB · Views: 39
Level 19
Edit: Best resolution = a 3:4 ratio any rectangle whose sides have a 3:4 ratio works

kk wait some minutes i am on the fly :>
damn it i just ran into the problem on how to make the pentagram be exactly in the middle of the screen but i hope ill manage it oO
the original one isnt perfectly centred either... this will need some time...
i ll just give you some random picture and replace it with it as soon as its ready (think i have to draw it with java :S )
aahh!!! damn it!!! installation of irfan view just removed the "edit with gimp" context menu entry :'(
edit 12345345: well here is the most random picture i have found unfortunately i have to go somewhere
will be back later
pic is to big for upload i ll upload it somewhere else w8 a moment....

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=08c47dcf4e14ec9be7c82ed4b8f0c380e04e75f6e8ebb871

... and something else: the ratio is 4 : 3 but i think it is right if not it doesnt matter i just need the idea behind it
...and i just noticed it was already given to me... xD

ok fine thanks for everything
i ll aply it later when i am back and struggle with colering the load bars

edit:
i tried to apply all the stuff but nothing worked
would u mind checking what i have been doing wrong here?
i tried:
-Load-Multiplayer-Human.mdx
-war3mapimportetorsmthng/Load-Multiplayer-Human.mdx
-both with and without usual load screen

what i tried to reach:
-green loading bars
-rotating loadscreen

unfortunately i cant even see the laodscreen rotate because game starts first
if i made a tick at "use custom loading screen" it doesnt but i still see a black screen and nothing else

Attachments

• loadingbars.w3x
    624.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Level 35
:cry:oops that waz the wrong link this one plz sry

Besides the double post, what was the correct link. You only posted one link. :bored:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All other pictures which haven' been looked at yet, I'll post them below in a few minutes.

Here you go: 13loodfangz and evangle

Both your files are located in this download link: Download it here

Just download the one with the name similar to your picture file.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An update to kevv: I haven't done anything besides some small things, have to finish exam before going to work.

D4RK_G4ND4LF: I'll take a look, besides to get the rotating, I could make the fullscreen.mdx with a rotating plane... But first in 3 days, after the exam. EDIT: I can open the file, but the map crashes if I test it.... So can't see how it looks, sorry need a version which can be tested to do anything

And wow a lot happen in this tread, you really can take a day of to party :wink:

Last edited:
Level 19
Besides the double post, what was the correct link. You only posted one link. :bored:

All other pictures which haven' been looked at yet, I'll post them below in a few minutes.

Here you go: 13loodfangz and evangle

Both your files are located in this download link: Download it here

Just download the one with the name similar to your picture file.

An update to kevv: I haven't done anything besides some small things, have to finish exam before going to work.

D4RK_G4ND4LF: I'll take a look, besides to get the rotating, I could make the fullscreen.mdx with a rotating plane... But first in 3 days, after the exam. EDIT: I can open the file, but the map crashes if I test it.... So can't see how it looks, sorry need a version which can be tested to do anything

And wow a lot happen in this tread, you really can take a day of to party :wink:

delay doesnt matter i am happy enough to have found someone who can help me

you dont need to make a map for me i only want to know how it works so i can do it myself and dont have to waste your worthy time

i wanted to have a rotating pentagram in the background (doesnt matter which cause it will be hard enough to make it right anyway)
the problems are:
it has to fit right and should rotate like that:
o
and not like that: 0
and it shouldnt look like an egg
additionally i would like to know how i can make the loading bar to another color (i made one in green or red (forgot) and uploaded it already on last page) but it didnt work
and if you know how i can make a map wait in load screen until i click to start it i will be as happy as possible
:thumbs_up: u are great!

edit: i just tested my map and it worked :S dunno whats wrong

Level 35
delay doesn't matter I am happy enough to have found someone who can help me

you don't need to make a map for me i only want to know how it works so I can do it myself and don't have to waste your worthy time

edit: I just tested my map and it worked :S dunno what's wrong

Yea, it seems like it was just my testing in editor that had an error, going trough wc3 worked fine.. So dunno :con:

Anyway both changing the colour and rotating it correctly should be possible, but seems like Kevv2 takes care of the loading bar, so I'll just create the animated loading screen for you later (as said, the exams has to be done first)

Status
Not open for further replies.