• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need artwork? Come here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi everyone, I usually stay at TH so you might think I am total noob lolz. Anyway, I would like to request a custom model screen..... I am currently developing a game - based on island troll tribes, with more modifications. If you really want to see my progress please see this link (TheHelper). Hope you like the concept and be inspire with the loading screen making :D Anyway below are the things I would want for a custom loading screen. Though my main problem is the file size since I've attempted a 1024*768 and hell it added me approximately 2.5 MB! So I would like someone skilled to do the squishing for me. I think I can only spare 1-1.5 MB. The map is fully customized that is..... The loading screen is attached below, I used jpeg format since TGA seems like a monster with file size.

Attachments

• troll.jpg
    troll.jpg
    537.6 KB · Views: 108
Level 35
Hi everyone, I usually stay at TH so you might think I am total noob lolz. Anyway, I would like to request a custom model screen..... I am currently developing a game - based on island troll tribes, with more modifications. If you really want to see my progress please see this link (TheHelper). Hope you like the concept and be inspire with the loading screen making :D Anyway below are the things I would want for a custom loading screen. Though my main problem is the file size since I've attempted a 1024*768 and hell it added me approximately 2.5 MB! So I would like someone skilled to do the squishing for me. I think I can only spare 1-1.5 MB. The map is fully customized that is..... The loading screen is attached below, I used jpeg format since TGA seems like a monster with file size.

Sure, how low do you want it? I'll give it a try an post the results here in max an hour.

He were refering to the bunch of guys helping out in this tread, me included.

Level 7
I would have expected it to be done 24 hours or more, but you guys make it so instantaneous. Guess you are so serious in helping other people hehehe. Anyway, that was all i needed thanks very much. I guess I could stick with the 512x512 anyway, or I will deplete my KB's if I use another HQ loading screen..... Thanks very much :)

Level 35
hey red, just wanting to know how it's coming. =D

Hey. Yea a short update for you: I am currently remaking the human side, in order to make it orcish like. I would say I am about half done with it.

So expect it to be done in two days or less.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Cherios: : I assume you mean make it into a loadingscreen..

If then sure.

Level 1
Hi i have a big problem :/ i make a new AoS with my brother redscores , the map will bef inished in a few days and i dont know how can i search for a loading screen... I need a Forest Loading Screen with some nightelves or whatever ... im sorry i dont can find any pictures they looks like an forest :( pls i need youre help

Level 35
I need this to be a loading screen, if can that would be great

You can't link to a location on your own drive... Doesnt work that way, its meant to be an url...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Archangel678: Sure

Here you go: Download it here

It looks like this:
Fire%20And%20Ice.jpg

Level 16
I have a question,
how do i get my image into the map preview and the small slot on the loading screen.

im also wondering about the path, and im gonna be using my own loading screen

heres the image: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=3dlwoi

Map preview and the small slot on the loading screen are the same thing : Map Preview.

The only thing you need is to resize it to 256x256 and rename it to war3mapPreview.tga

Here it is, path : war3mapPreview.tga

Attachments

• war3mapPreview.tga
    192 KB · Views: 56
Level 35
It should automatically convert if you rename it though, shouldn't it?

Not if you rename it in the editor - in which case it just ends up white or black.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Warrior: I'll make it if I feel like it.... I now you might have meant it as a joke, but please ask kindly.

Made it... Download it here
It looks like
300.jpg

The Blab --- Thanks

Not if you rename it in the editor - in which case it just ends up white or black.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Warrior: I'll make it if I feel like it.... I now you might have meant it as a joke, but please ask kindly.

Made it... Download it here
It looks like
300.jpg

The Blab --- Thanks
Thanks man +rep how did you make that cool blood?

Level 35
doing a civil war project on the battle of the cold harbor i need this now !!

Great you got the "plz" in the titel... But I suspect not many would ever dream of helping one which makes a request like that.... It doesnt even have totals joke feeling over it.... :thumbs_down: Try editing that post and some might respond

Thanks man +rep how did you make that cool blood?

I drew it... How else :con: (looked at some other blood shots first though)

Level 6
hub im working on a map uum im not sur eif you just covnert or if you actually make da laoding screens forms cratch or both but i need a laoding screen with action kidna like da dota one. yeah it needs to have some rocs fighting some footmen on a "tropical tiled" like path with 4 of the these heroes fighting: tauren cheiftain, jaina, gargoyle, bloodmage, dreadlord, jungle sasquatch, pudge but looks like clown (bavarian clown skin), wolf rider, knight, mountain king (throwing electricity) archer, banshee or space marine. if you could dot hat id appreciate it. oh and 2 of the 4 ehroes ar eon grunts teama nd the toehr 2 on footmens team ty uum if you need looka t map to check enhting i cans end to you.
edit: excuse my VERY bad typing i type 2 fast.

Level 4
Hub, I'm working on a map. I'm not sure if you just convert or if you actually make the loading screens from scratch or both, but I need a loading screen with action kind of like the DoTA one. Yeah, it needs to have some Orcs [What kind?] fighting footmen on a "Tropical" tile path. Also it needs any four of these heroes: Tauren Chieftan, Jaina, Gargoyle (which is not a hero but :meh:), Bloodmage, Dreadlord, Jungle Sasquatch (which is also a unit >.>), Pudge (which i should have proivded a link to an example), Raider (Wolf Rider), Knight, Mountain King (using storm hammer), Archer, Banshee or Space Marine. If you could do that I would appreciate that. Oh, and two of the four heroes are on the grunt's [Oh, more specific than just "Orcs"] team, and two on the footmen's. Thank you, if you need a look at the map I can send it to you.
EDIT:
My bad, I am typing fast. (Thanks RiotGuard for fixing this.)

An a attempt at translation.--^

KEY
[]-My comments
()-What he should've said

Level 12
Neat.. Now I can actually read it.. and answer hubcool. I think you should make it by taking an ingame screenshot.... Think I am to busy to do all that as a drawing. I could make some finish up edits on the screenie if need be though.

still vonfusing, couldnt he break it up even more? writing a text in one single line is useless and a waste of time :p

Status
Not open for further replies.