• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need an advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I'm currently working on a small project - basically a historic strategy, with a divine stuff like in Age of Mythology. The problem is, I don't know which mythology to pick!
One of the sub-problems is that I need models for "mythical creatures" that can be summoned, so preferably I need a mythology that can be done with as few imports as possible.

Don't propose anything too exotic though. I was thinking about Norse or Greek mythology (Egyptian one would require too many imports), but I'm open to ideas =))

So please, think of a several mythical creatures with corresponding in-game models (or low-size imports) and what god they associate with and what mythology they come from.

Level 15
Idea's good, but it would require too many more imports + my plot is a bit different. ty all for input anyway. +repz

Level 15
I'd make something based on Egyptian mythology, dude!

I'd be awesome to have a sand-map with pyramids, half-naked muslce warriors and slaves dying of hunger to please the Pharaoh. Also some godly abilities - egyptian mythology has a huge selection of gods to pick from.

Also mummies and scarabs and dune worms .... are nice :p

Level 15
I decided to make nameless (for now) gods, focusing mainly on their aspects, abilities and mythical creatures. Will create names for them later (or leave them nameless).

Thanks for offer, but I'm done with units and such. Now I gotta trigger that all and make a decent terrain.

PS: if you know any low-size (<60kb) medieval/fantasy models (units & buildings) on any sites other than hive, wc3c or that-forbidden-russian-site, I'll be glad to hear about them =)

Level 6
ok here is what i think you should do, use the current age of mythology (my fav. game and im doing maps from there ^.^)

all models are in game that can turn into age of mythology, maybe only little missing,

Greek:
Cyclops: the orge with one head and one eye, its already in the warcraft world edit
Medusa: naga witch, can be used as Medusa
Hydra: the hydra already in map :p but its kind of imposoble to make it the same as AoM
Carcinos: you could use the crab in the warcraft, just change the color and size ;)
Minotaur: there is a model already in the hive, not a big size also ;) check that out
Centaurs: use the archer one from warcraft, its the same ye?
Colossus: use a um, dunno you ask someone to make you a custome one or, just use the war golem
Pegasus: there is a model in the hive :)
Manticore: you could use um, a custom model that matches this, or i think there is one alike :S cant remember
Nemean Lion: just find a lion model ;) or ask a request :D
Chimera: ask for a custom model :)
Scylla: a water hydra that cant walk on ground, change the ship model into hydra :)

Egyptian:
Sphinx: custom model :)
Wadjet: there is a model in the hive called serpent, its a bit similar
Anubite: there is a model in the hive called son of something i forgot -.-
Petsuchos: epic if someone did it for you :)
Roc: easy model for a modeler i guess :S
Scarab: there is alredy a model in the world edit, called scarab i think, its the narubian insects, just change it color try to make it gold like the one in AoM :) and size
Scorpion Man: epic if someone did it for you :O
Mummy: get a zombie from warcraft :p or if you really up for it tell a modeler :)
Avenger: another epic unit ^.^
Phoenix: there is a phoenix in here already :)
Leviathan: a big fish that can transport :S MODELER WERE ARE YOU?
War Turtle: use the turtles in game, the giant turtles in warcraft :) (war turtles i think)

Norse:
Raven: get creative :p
Valkyrie: there are some models in the hive of a spearwoman on a horse :)
Einherjar: find a dual sword unit in the site :)
Troll: a customized troll in this site or just use the basic one in the warcraft :)
Frost Giant: there is a kool skin in the hive that can help you :)
Mountain Giant: use an two eyed ogre, i think its the ogre lord something like that
Battle Boar: get a fel boar, try to make his colors as gold
Fenris Wolf: take a frost wolf, it suits it well :)
Fire Giant: you could use some skins in the hive or some cool models, or use the Fire Lord from the warcraft units, what ever you like :)
Kraken: if you can find a model or a modeler who can make this, im in your project :)
Jormund Elver: no idea how you could make this, but a modeler knows ;)
Nidhogg: modelers to the rescue :p

Atlantis:
Promethean: use an ogre or orc with the skill of the hydra :) (the one when dies turns into smaller units :D)
Automaton: find the unit in hive, named arcane knight, matches this unit, make them heal ONLY each other and revives each other
Caladria: a flying scout, i dont think you need this
Behemoth: a weird looking bug like myth, good at taking out buildings, model i guess
Satyr: you can take the current ones in the warcraft, i forgot their names, but they look exactly the same
Stymphalian Bird: a flying bird that hits arrows....
Hekagigantes: if you can ask for a 4 armed ogre or monster, thats him :)
Argus: a flying octopus that spits acid....
Lampades: a crazy witch :p
Servant: a water unit that looks like gene
Nereid: satyr riding a dolphin, that makes it a water unit
Man O'War: a water, giant looking octopus but in water :p

Just by writing their names for you i got millions of ideas :D these are all mythological units for Egypt Greece Norse and Atlantis :)
Have fun :D

GODS:
Greek:
Zeus: King of the Gods (lighting and the skies)
Poseidon: God of the sea (Tsunami, Storms and Seas)
Hades: Lord of Erebus (death, underworld, ghosts)

Norse:
Odin: Thor's Father (units, ravens, and spears)
Thor: God of thunder (dwarfs, gold mining, weapon forging)
Loki: God of Evil (darkness, destruction, betrayal)

Egypt:
Set: God of the darkness (animals, taming, obelisks)
Isis: Queen of the Nile (food, gathering, cats)
Ra: Gof of the Skies (eagles, peace, sun)

Atlantis:
Cronus (AKA Kronus): Lord of the Gods (transportation, death, evil)
Gaia: Mother Nature (trees, animals, springs)
****: God of **** (forgot sorry D:)

Sub-gods:
Greek:
Athena - goddess of spear and battleship
Aphrodite - goddess of beauty
Hermes: god of messengers
Ares: god of war
Dionysus: god of forging
Apollo: god of the sun
Hera: queen of olympus AKA goddess of whine
Hephaestus: Creator of man and fire
Artemis: God of destruction

Norse:
Freyja: god of war
Forseti: god of war II
Heimdall: god of warship
Skadi: Goddess of winter and hunting
Njord: God of the seas and storms
Bragi: God of Blacksmith and War III
Tyr: Lord of the Wolves
Hel: Goddess of evil and keeper of Hell
Baldr: Keeper of heroes

Egypt:
Ptah: god of the sands
Bast: goddess of the moon
Anubis: God of evil
Hathor: God of plague
Nephthys: Goddess or God (cant remember) of Death
Sekhmet: Goddess or God (cant remember) of fortification
Osiris: God of balance and judgment
Horus: god of the wind
Thoth: God of rights

Enjoy :D
*need anymore info just send me a message ^.^*

Last edited:
Level 15
wow, that's a huge wall of text. unfotunately, I have AoM, so this list was unnecessary =)

still, +rep for effort

Status
Not open for further replies.