• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Viking Harii Infantry Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Requesting models for a viking campaign. Harii are a german tribe that formed the early vikings. The viking age started at 800 and Harii were a tribe that vanished about 500. I really don't know how can I fit realism into it, because of the accuracy of the factions which ruled at that time, were they real vikings conquerors and what conquests did they achieve. The viking campaign is about the conquest of sea, land, pillaging, marauding, fighting with other naval vessels, sacking settlements and other. I still don't know but as the general type of vikings I would at the Harii, maybe only one viking tribe or maybe even including saxons but I will do what I can to make it adjustable to the campaign. Although I aim to be historically accurate I would maybe add mythological creatures, folklore or norse mythology. To me for such times at 500 ad I hardly believe that Harii have been like true vikings to sail, to have boats, but well if you make this model it would look viking, these models could also be used for barbaric factions such as saxons, lombardii or franks. I was inspired to make this campaign by Age of Mythology and Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion. If Harii are not the general faction (playable) of the Campaign they could be used in the campaign as mercenaries, allies or enemies.

The Harii armies were fearless warriors. Harii armies are good attacking at night. Harii armies painted their skin, weapons and shields black. Harii tribe had berserkers who were trained to imitate bears and wolves when into combat the berserkers turn to beasts with high adrenaline and uncontrollable rage. Their rage causes fear in enemies and often causes enemies to withdraw.

Choose one variation to make the model from 3 variatons of a Harii Warrior.

s1miah.jpg

2upsqpv.jpg

2w58yf6.jpg

I did not found a decent picture of a berserker but this was what I aimed you can also make a model of a berserker.

2lk5pft.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.