• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a new map idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Welcome boys and girls!

I am about to start a new project and I belive it will be a ORPG.
If you have any other suggestions please comment!

What would you like to see in this new map?What type of map would you like to play?
What features would you like to see?Please tell me something this new map should have, that no other map has

Any suggestions and ideas are welcome!

Last edited:
Level 3
you should create an ORPG.there are a lot of people who like ORPG's and plus you won't need much brainstorming.
what everyone wants to see in an ORPG is of course custom heros,spells,systems,and many quests.if you do all these properly i'm sure the map will turn good

Level 31
Some Survival map.
Maybe Science Fiction (Aliens)
On an extra solar planet.
With some nice alien tile set.

Or something in a desert.
A desert combat/survival map.
Like you plane crashed in a desert, you have to survive all dangers.

Or make this Science Fiction, too.
Don't know but maybe you have seen the Stargate film.
Like that.

Level 9
Thanks chilla, that dessert idea was really smart! Thanks again :)

Edit: Can you please give a nice name to fit for the map?

Level 2
Regarding to the ORPG, I have a few ideas for the spell and item.

Feature of spell system:

-Every spell is consist of about 10 level.
-For active spell,you cant level it by learning it again;you must use the spell for a given times to leveled it up.
-At the final level of the spell(lv10),your spell is considered as 'ultimate spell' and the power of spell increase significantly.Besides that,when casting an 'ultimate spell',it will having a special effect(every 'ultimate spell' has its own special effect/cinematic effect)
-The damage of spell is not constant,it is determined by your intelligent or mana amount.
-You can buy the spell at shop which give you a full custom character with custom spell

For example:(For reference only)

-You must cast the chain lightning for (50 x level of spell) times to increase the spell level by 1.Of course ,the spell cooldown should be low (3-6seconds) so that you can cast it frequently.
-The spell damage is =200(at level 2)+50% of your mana amount

Feature of Item system

Regarding to the item system:We have 2 ways to improve the potential of an item which is
a)imbued
-you can imbued an equipment with required material to increase the grade of the item by 1(which improve the stats of the equipment)
-however,the imbued process is not 100% success.You will have a random chance that the equipment will destroyed during the process,or the equipment remain but the required material destroyed.(of course,chance of failure is smaller)
-the required material can be acquired by killing the creeps and it will drop randomly.
-the maximum grade of an equipment is 10 and it's indicated by +10
example:mask of madness+10(highest grade among mask of madness;which grant the equipment more stats compared with mask of madness +9)

a)Enhance
-This is another way to boost your equipment,you can enhance an imbued equipment;but you cant imbued an enhanced equipment.
-After you imbued the equipment to a desired grade,let's say grade+6 since you don't like to risk.You can enhance the equipment by specific material to boost the equipment stats(In general,the stats boosted by enhance is more than imbued the equipment since this is the final step to upgrade your equipment.

So,the typical step to upgrade your equipment would be imbued the equipment to desired grade,then enhance the imbued equipment

At last,I still have many idea and feature for an ORPG since I like ORPG,If anyone is interest,please PM me and I will share my idea

Level 9
Regarding to the ORPG, I have a few ideas for the spell and item.

Feature of spell system:

-Every spell is consist of about 10 level.
-For active spell,you cant level it by learning it again;you must use the spell for a given times to leveled it up.
-At the final level of the spell(lv10),your spell is considered as 'ultimate spell' and the power of spell increase significantly.Besides that,when casting an 'ultimate spell',it will having a special effect(every 'ultimate spell' has its own special effect/cinematic effect)
-The damage of spell is not constant,it is determined by your intelligent or mana amount.
-You can buy the spell at shop which give you a full custom character with custom spell

For example:(For reference only)

-You must cast the chain lightning for (50 x level of spell) times to increase the spell level by 1.Of course ,the spell cooldown should be low (3-6seconds) so that you can cast it frequently.
-The spell damage is =200(at level 2)+50% of your mana amount

Feature of Item system

Regarding to the item system:We have 2 ways to improve the potential of an item which is
a)imbued
-you can imbued an equipment with required material to increase the grade of the item by 1(which improve the stats of the equipment)
-however,the imbued process is not 100% success.You will have a random chance that the equipment will destroyed during the process,or the equipment remain but the required material destroyed.(of course,chance of failure is smaller)
-the required material can be acquired by killing the creeps and it will drop randomly.
-the maximum grade of an equipment is 10 and it's indicated by +10
example:mask of madness+10(highest grade among mask of madness;which grant the equipment more stats compared with mask of madness +9)

a)Enhance
-This is another way to boost your equipment,you can enhance an imbued equipment;but you cant imbued an enhanced equipment.
-After you imbued the equipment to a desired grade,let's say grade+6 since you don't like to risk.You can enhance the equipment by specific material to boost the equipment stats(In general,the stats boosted by enhance is more than imbued the equipment since this is the final step to upgrade your equipment.

So,the typical step to upgrade your equipment would be imbued the equipment to desired grade,then enhance the imbued equipment

At last,I still have many idea and feature for an ORPG since I like ORPG,If anyone is interest,please PM me and I will share my idea

You read my mind dude, most of that are things I have thought of, and thank you for the ideas! :D

Level 2
Well,since i'm having a ORPG project which have the feature mentioned and you have it too,i'll wait for your map release while continue my ORPG.

Level 9
+ a whole lot more :p
And we want this ORPG to shock the WC3 players and knock out all other ORPG's ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.