• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need an unique Map Idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Heyo :)

Since, I've got no motivation at all to work on my current project (link is in my sig) I'm in need of a new, unique and never done before map idea. For all ideas +rep and if I really like the idea and I will maybe start such a map, I will give you ofc. credits also.
Oh, and please, if you post a map idea, post one that is DOable in Wc3. Thanks :)
Any help is appreciated :)

~Fan

Level 17
Here's one (don't know if this is already done for wcr3):

An singleplayer (or maybe multiplayer with coop and/or deathmatch) map where you begin as a fledgeling/young animal (like dinosour, dragon, shark) and where you need to survive and eat to grow. Each time you grow, you get new powers and your challenges/threats change (like when you are young a threat would be animals that hunt on you, while if you are big a threat would become that you need lots of food to survive or that mines are more difficult to dogde or something like that).

Level 3
IDEA:
Player 1 is a giant monster in charge of all the smaller monsters, structures, and traps in a dungeon. Players 2-12 have one Hero unit each, and their job is to kill player 1's giant boss monster.

IDEA:
Each is a barbarian hunter living in the mountains or forest. He is weak in combat, but capable of setting up a variety of traps, nets, and such. He can throw nets, dig tiger-pits, whip predators into a frenzy, hide in trees, roll boulders down cliffs, and other stuff to interact with his enviroment and kill the enemy. The goal is to kill all other players.

IDEA:
You play as a librarian. Some evil children run through your library and knock all the books off the bookshelves. You must zip around the library picking up color-coded books and returning them to the appropriate bookshelf (for instance, there's a green bookshelf where you put all the green books). However, due to the children being evil, they will try to fight you and also lay traps for you. Try for your best time.

IDEA:
It's Galaga! But with a Dwarven gyrocopter, fighting off various undead monstrosities.

Level 6
idea, you are an evil overlord dude and you have maybey 4 or 5 minion players.

the overlord is in charge of the "dungeon" if he dies the evil side loses, his "minions" each handle their own wing of the dungeon, the good side travels through the dungeon trying to kill the overlord while sucuming to traps and minions.

Level 51
[K40$]-Spectre;1633150 said:
Here's one (don't know if this is already done for wcr3):

An singleplayer (or maybe multiplayer with coop and/or deathmatch) map where you begin as a fledgeling/young animal (like dinosour, dragon, shark) and where you need to survive and eat to grow. Each time you grow, you get new powers and your challenges/threats change (like when you are young a threat would be animals that hunt on you, while if you are big a threat would become that you need lots of food to survive or that mines are more difficult to dogde or something like that).

Mhm, thanks for the idea, but...I don't like it that much. Thanks for your effort though :) +rep

IDEA:
Player 1 is a giant monster in charge of all the smaller monsters, structures, and traps in a dungeon. Players 2-12 have one Hero unit each, and their job is to kill player 1's giant boss monster.

I think this already exists :/ Thanks for the idea though :) +rep

IDEA:
Each is a barbarian hunter living in the mountains or forest. He is weak in combat, but capable of setting up a variety of traps, nets, and such. He can throw nets, dig tiger-pits, whip predators into a frenzy, hide in trees, roll boulders down cliffs, and other stuff to interact with his enviroment and kill the enemy. The goal is to kill all other players.

Sounds interresting :D Will take a closer look to that :)

IDEA:
You play as a librarian. Some evil children run through your library and knock all the books off the bookshelves. You must zip around the library picking up color-coded books and returning them to the appropriate bookshelf (for instance, there's a green bookshelf where you put all the green books). However, due to the children being evil, they will try to fight you and also lay traps for you. Try for your best time.

Well, that could be an interresting minigame, but as a whole map, it's a bit too small? Thanks for the idea ;)

IDEA:
It's Galaga! But with a Dwarven gyrocopter, fighting off various undead monstrosities.

Mhm, what is Galaga?

idea, you are an evil overlord dude and you have maybey 4 or 5 minion players.

the overlord is in charge of the "dungeon" if he dies the evil side loses, his "minions" each handle their own wing of the dungeon, the good side travels through the dungeon trying to kill the overlord while sucuming to traps and minions.

Well, it's just like one of the dungeons in WOW, only the trap idea is new :/ Thanks for your effort ofc :) +rep

I'm happy that already so many posted their ideas :) Keep em' coming.

Level 51
Maybe a mario kart map? Or a different racing map, where you can travel/change courses or race tracks. You also can use weapons and gain items which help you in the races. You also can add boses which block some ways in the course.
OR
A Yu-Gi-Oh! map

Mhm, I don't really like the idea of mario kart map. It's just...I don't like it.
And oh, sorry, I also don't like the Yu-Gi-Oh! map idea. I think it won't be doable in wc3 anyway, won't talk about the lack of resources :/

But thanks for your ideas :) Keep em' coming =) +rep

Level 17
Maybe a mario kart map? Or a different racing map, where you can travel/change courses or race tracks. You also can use weapons and gain items which help you in the races. You also can add boses which block some ways in the course.
, racing is just not meant warcraft 3, it will always lack gameplay (good steering etc, except maybe if it's not third-person).

Yan

Yan

Level 6
You can make a map where :
1 player is a bad guy who must put a city (or other thing huge) in chaos with some stuff (plague, destruction, invasion, corruption...)
The other players must stop the bad guy's project (kill the bad guy or destroy the source of his power) they can also protect the population to reveice bonus stuff.

Level 51
You can make a map where :
1 player is a bad guy who must put a city (or other thing huge) in chaos with some stuff (plague, destruction, invasion, corruption...)
The other players must stop the bad guy's project (kill the bad guy or destroy the source of his power) they can also protect the population to reveice bonus stuff.

Mhm, sounds not bad ;) Thanks for your idea, will take a closer look :)

PS: Later, I will also make a new thread with all the map ideas of this thread, so other people can also use the ideas here :) (if everyone agrees ofc.)

Level 3
Mhm, what is Galaga?
WHHHHHAAAAAT!?!????!??????

You call yourself a gamer, yet you don't know Galaga?! No thaving played Galaga is like not having played Pac-Man or Pong!
galaga.jpg

Level 19
Got another one, its an rpg. The story goes:
There was once an angel which protected the lands of (place name here). It was called by the locals the White Gaurdian. The presence of the gaurdian brougth peace, wealth,good health and many more the the lands. Until one day, the angel wanted more power from the gods. The Gods denied it. Then the angel joined the forces to the devil and now is known as the Fallen One. A great war was at these very lands. It lasted for 10 years. Then a prophet had a vision that there will be one person to end this chaos. And your character will play its role.
How abouth that?

Level 51
WHHHHHAAAAAT!?!????!??????

You call yourself a gamer, yet you don't know Galaga?! No thaving played Galaga is like not having played Pac-Man or Pong!
galaga.jpg

Ah, ehm, no I never played it. :p But it's a bit more of a minigame isn't it? :) It sounds cool though :D

Got another one, its an rpg. The story goes:
There was once an angel which protected the lands of (place name here). It was called by the locals the White Gaurdian. The presence of the gaurdian brougth peace, wealth,good health and many more the the lands. Until one day, the angel wanted more power from the gods. The Gods denied it. Then the angel joined the forces to the devil and now is known as the Fallen One. A great war was at these very lands. It lasted for 10 years. Then a prophet had a vision that there will be one person to end this chaos. And your character will play its role.
How abouth that?

Mhm, the story is a bit too "generic"? There are plenty of maps out there that have a similar story to this... Thx for the idea though. (Can't rep you know :/)

Level 51
Puh, pinball would be a nice idea, but... there is a lack of models and stuff and it's really really hard to do :/ It would need lots of triggers and stuff and I'm not THAT good yet :( The idea itself is brilliant though :) +rep

@Blindman: Ah, lol :D I tried something like that out a time ago. It's quite hard to make, because there is an IMENSE lack of models and so. but the idea is cool, even if I already had that one :p will see if I can rep you again :D

Puh, pinball would be a nice idea, but... there is a lack of models and stuff and it's really really hard to do :/ It would need lots of triggers and stuff and I'm not THAT good yet :( The idea itself is brilliant though :) +rep

@Blindman: Ah, lol :D I tried something like that out a time ago. It's quite hard to make, because there is an IMENSE lack of models and so. but the idea is cool, even if I already had that one :p will see if I can rep you again :D

i got the idea from HINDYhat's particle system, the balls he uses reminded me of pinballs, and for bumpers and such, they could just be units, and when the ball hits them, they attack the ball and make it bounce off.

i attempted this but i didn't really know how to implement the ball so yeah. heh.

Level 18
just make a map where you are a chicken and you can suicide yourself to become somthing different when you reached level 10? xD and you level by trying to make eggs?(ye i know its a bad idea im just bored)

Level 28
I saw a variation on Tower Defense on newgrounds once, instead of monsters moving past the towers as they attack, you build lairs from which monsters emerge to intercept the heroes (your PC is an evil dungeon keeper). Would that be possible in wc3 (maybe with a modified Locust swarm spell)?

Level 51
just make a map where you are a chicken and you can suicide yourself to become somthing different when you reached level 10? xD and you level by trying to make eggs?(ye i know its a bad idea im just bored)

ehm...

This can be good Darts, billiard ?

I think, it would be just too hard for wc3. :/ thanks for the idea ;) +rep

[K40$]-Spectre;1640405 said:
I present you my ideas Volume 1:
Big Pic

* Dungeon Siege clone
* Etherlords 2 clone (like singleplayer, not dual mode only)
* Netstorm clone
* Warchasers-like but than Brown can be played by a human person (with some changes ofcourse)

To be continued...

Thanks for the ideas :D Will take a look at them :D +rep

I saw a variation on Tower Defense on newgrounds once, instead of monsters moving past the towers as they attack, you build lairs from which monsters emerge to intercept the heroes (your PC is an evil dungeon keeper). Would that be possible in wc3 (maybe with a modified Locust swarm spell)?

Isn't that just a Hero Defence? Tell me please if I understood you wrong..

Level 11
Isn't that just a Hero Defence? Tell me please if I understood you wrong..
Greetings,

I neither could grasp what he was saying, but his hazy words inspired me. I think this map could be made fun if done in the right way. I even consider making it myself.

Basically it's a TD, towers protecting a portal or something. But we switch sides, you are not the tower builder but the runner. You start with 5 runners and by using upgrades you can increase the amount. You get resources based on how far, and close to the portal (maybe zones), the runners get. Use protective spells, items, upgrades and potions to enhance your units (All units could have inventories and use consumables automatically). I have not yet figured out whether they should run themselves once a timer runs out or if you yourself should control them.

• Victory; Win by reaching the portal with X amount of units before X amount of rounds.
  • Defeat; If the rounds run out before your reach the portal you are defeated.
Inspiration: Any TD's (gameplay), Legion TD War, Pimp My Peon (upgrades) and cleavinghammer's hazy words.

I would enjoy working with you if you like the idea, as a supporter or co-worker depending on the situation.

Thank you for your time.

Yours Truly,
Princess Chizume

Status
Not open for further replies.