• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a name suggestion for Hero stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hi! I need some help here naming some hero stats, as my main language isnt english i cant think on one correctly.

Stats:

NOTE: Strength, Toughness, Wrath n Fury names cant be used cuz they are already used.

STAT-1: This stat defines what are your chances to deal a critical strike.

STAT-2: This stat increases the damage of the Cleave passive effect, more means more damage distributed to nearby enemies.

STAT-3: This stats reduces the Piercing effect from attackers.
---
PIERCING EFFECT: Ignores X% of target's armor when attacking, example: A Piercing level of 20 means that your attacks will ignore 20% of your target's defense.
---
So, if your STAT-3 level is 15 and your enemy Piercing level is 20, if your enemy attacks you, its Piercing level will be now 5 (Math > Piercing - STAT-3)
---
If STAT-3 level is 50 and Piercing level is 86
New piercing calculation formula > Piercing - STAT-3 = 36 result

Thanks

Last edited:
Level 20
Stat 1 (Crit) - Ferocity / Savagery / Vigour
Stat 2 (Cleave) - Multistrike / Expertise / Finesse
Stat 3 (Piercing) - Perceptivity (or: Perception) / Acuity / Sharpness

If I had to pick, I'd probably go with: Ferocity, Expertise and Perception.

My logic is that crits require a lot of power and brutality, so being ferocious should increase the chance to crit; hitting multiple targets at the same time requires skill, so being an expert combatant should increase the chance of that; and piercing through armor requires sharp senses to spot any weaknesses, so perception should help with that. Thus the options that I've provided above.

That said, you can change that logic in any way you wish and for instance assume that you need to be ferocious to break through the targets armor or to swing so hard you hit multiple enemies. To this end, I'd recommend checking the words above in a dictionary to see which ones are the best match for your fantasy.

Last edited:
Level 21
Stat 1 (Crit) - Ferocity / Savagery / Vigour
Stat 2 (Cleave) - Multistrike / Expertise / Finesse
Stat 3 (Piercing) - Perceptivity (or: Perception) / Acuity / Sharpness

If I had to pick, I'd probably go with: Ferocity, Expertise and Perception.

My logic is that crits require a lot of power and brutality, so being ferocious should increase the chance to crit; hitting multiple targets at the same time requires skill, so being an expert combatant should increase the chance of that; and piercing through armor requires sharp senses to spot any weaknesses, so perception should help with that. Thus the options that I've provided above.

That said, you can change that logic in any way you wish and for instance assume that you need to be ferocious to break through the targets armor or to swing so hard you hit multiple enemies. To this end, I'd recommend checking the words above in a dictionary to see which ones are the best match for your fantasy.
Well, the first thing i have to say is thanks.

I like your concepts, even more the Cleave and Antipiercing ones, in my map that Cleave stat is totally the opposite to combat skill, it is related with Savagery n brutal force haha, about Antipiercing, in my map Piercing stat is more related with Lances and weapons that pierce THROUGH your armour/shields BUT i see your idea about Piercing has more sense haha, whatever, with this said, my Antipiercing stat is more related with the Strength of your armor or the solidity of it because the Hero who use this stat is a heavy tank hero which is too slow to do quick moves.

At the moment ill take:

Crit > Vigour (or probly Ferocity to relate it with Furbolgs and Wolves items

Cleave > Savagery (related with Ogres/Orcs (their items increases this stat in my map

-----

Antipiercing > Solidity (atm this stat is gained from items like shells n stone-related ones

As i said before, thanks
If you could keep helping me with this it could be great

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.