• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The New World : NEED HERO IDEAS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey all!
As the title says, The New World needs hero ideas!

Okay, classes I need are :
[Color="Red][Size=3]Tank, Summoner, Damage-Dealing caster.[/Size][/Color]

It should be like THIS :
[Hidden=How to do it]
Okay, here's how to do it.

# # #Name :
# # #Proper Name (It can have your name! But no robots. And no numbers in names, sorry.) :
# # #Role In Group :
# # #Primary Stat : Strength [ ] Agility [ ] Intelligence [ ] (like this, or just write the primary stat.)
# # #Model File (Link to it) :
# # #Model Scale (normal,+0.25,+0.5,+0.75,+1) :
---------------
# # #Short Story (presentation) : e.g The example hero was long ago living in the Example hill. The example hill was also destroyed by Demon Rampagers, and then he came to this world to fight the Example Lord. Something like this.
---------------
# # #Spell One :
Description :

Stats :

# # #Spell Two :
Description :

Stats :

# # #Spell Three :
Description :

Stats :

# # #Ultimate Spell (Must be triggered. The others mustn't. To keep the balance. Yes, triggered spells are normally much more powerful than normal ones! Also, if it's a single target one, it'd be awesome. Though AoE ones are good, too.) :
Description :

Stats :

# # #Extra notes:
#
#
#
#
And so on..

(NOTE : I only made the "#" for the good presentation of how it should look like. You can present it however you want to. But it needs to have all the info. Extra notes are optional.)
[/Hidden]

I'll need all your help!

"No obscene, vulgar, non-themed, or generic heroes are accepted."

"No obscene, vulgar, off-topic replies please."

"More info at the [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/new-world-official-thread-161514/"]New World thread.[/URL]"

"Please respect these two conditions. Off-topic questions will be ignored."

Level 8
I'm not very good with these kind of things but definitely Troubadour/Dirge

Support classes do wonders.

All songs will drain mana, intellect will depend on how high or low the mana draining cost is.

Troubadour for buffing team mates while their main reason is for buffing they can also do a bit of damage.

Agility based but mostly a rounded hero.

Only one song is allowed to be on at a time. (Spell one and two) Unless you have your ultimate on.

First spell is an Attack speed + Damage buff,

if possible increases attack speed based on the user's agility

Damage based on their strength

Second spell a regeneration spell for in combat increase mana regeneration and health regeneration.

Strength will increase how much health is regenerated

Agility will determine how long it will take to proc it. Every second would be the lowest it could go.

Intellect will increase how much mana is regenerated

Third would be a charm or sleep.

Strength would increase the level that the user could charm

Agility would increase the casting speed of it

intellect would increase how long the charm would last.

The ultimate would be a sort of Avatar buff, for set time your base stats are increased two fold.

You would also be able to sing different songs.

Able to use both songs that just increase damage/AS/Mana regen/Health regen.

Or

If chosen to just sing the first song you will increase the groups damage/attackspeed/movement speed. And based on your stats increase the group stats.

If chosen to just sing the second song you will increase the groups max HP/MP, the mana regeneration and health regeneration would go up extraordinarily, useful for those long fights or the tough fights.

Since you're now in this state a third song will pop up, unlike the other two it is a self song. Increases basically everything about you letting you deal more damage.

Dirges are for debuffing opponents have one beneficial spell for the group and they can also do a bit of damage.

Agility based hero but mostly a rounded hero.

First song would be a single target song and decreases attack speed/movement speed/damage.

More agility would decrease the targets attack speed/movement speed

More strength would decrease their damage.

Second song would be one that burns mana and damage in an Area of 900 every 10 seconds.

Depending on your agility you can decrease when it procs the lowest the proc will be is 3 seconds.

Intellect will decide on how much mana burn damage is done.

Strength will decide how much damage is dealt.

In exchange of losing health and mana per second he now does a song that makes all of his allies gain a 75% dodge chance, and the enemies around the 1000 area lose attack speed and armor.

Strength increases how much damage is taken so the Troubadour can't equalize the health degen.

Just a guide line of two heroes I'd like to see implemented. You will probably edit the spells a bit to make it more balanced I guess.

Level 14
Hey Yabooer, thanks for the ideas! I will implement them in next versions, because to release the BETA, I mainly need the classes listed above.

Level 8
Ah definitely well then here is an idea.

Strength based hero

All of his attacks use health instead of mana.
Because of his abilities he takes 60% less from healing spells.

Spell that cuts himself and using the blood to blind the opponents in an area of 300 (Infront of him only, units behind him will not get hit).

Blinds them with searing blood, doing damage based on 1x his strength, taunts them to attack the tank, and makes them miss 50% of the time.
Can stack 3 times, lasts about 5-8 seconds.

Passive spell that continuously takes health per second and turns it into armor.

All health lost by his spells will turn into mana, the hero may then use the mana to put a blood shield around him causing all damage to be negated until drained completed, while this shield is around him he becomes enraged doing cleaving attacks and making him immune to magic.

Drains his health down to 1 hp and immediately fills up his mana completely and giving him a 100% chance to dodge for 30 seconds. During this time any unit he kills will heal 10% of his health. Also taunts everything in a 650 AoE every 3-5 seconds.

Basically meaning if he kills 10 units, he will have full health and full mana letting him tank even more.

Last edited:
Level 14
That's c00l ! But instead of the second (that can be countered with high-regeneration items, making it too overpowered) I'll make a life drain (small) attack for him.
Thanks dude!

Level 16
# # #Name: Spiritualist
# # #Proper Name: Halnar Soulbinder
# # #Role In Group: A Hybrid of Damage Dealer, De-Buffer, and Summoner
# # #Primary Stat: Intelligence
# # #Model File: Either This or This
# # #Model Scale: NORMAL!
---------------
# # #Short Story: Trained from childhood the arts of Spiritual Magics, Halnar is a powerful Mage bent on restoring balance to the world, as what did he vow to his father.
---------------
# # #Spell One: Spirit Wave
Description: A bluey Shockwave with a Trigger-able Explosion (Like DotA Faerie Dragon's First Skill, except that he used it for Teleport)
# # #Spell Two: Spirits of Ages
Description: Summons Three Spirits of Ages: Past, Present, and An Age Yet To Come (A.K.A Future) (Christmas Carol FTW)
Spectre of Past: Makes an Excellent Tanker (Model)
Spirit of Present: Ranged Damage-Per-Hit. Use Ice Revenant Model. Dark Tint.
Phantom of Future: Melee DPS. Is a Cyborg. Tint him Dark, though.
# # #Spell Three: Spiritual Insight
Description: True Sight + Slowly drains mana from nearby enemy units.
# # #Ultimate Spell: Spirit of Chaos
Description: Depletes the Spiritualist's Mana to summon a Powerful Spirit. Channeling. As long as the Spirit Lives or The Spiritualist keeps channeling, Halnar won't be able to regen his mana. By any way. Mana-Increasing Skills won't work on him.

Level 8
That's c00l ! But instead of the second (that can be countered with high-regeneration items, making it too overpowered) I'll make a life drain (small) attack for him.
Thanks dude!

That is why I put this in.

Because of his abilities he takes 60% less from healing spells.

And increased armor would be based on the percentage of his health. So at 50% he gets maybe +15 armor or something.

Level 14
Oh ok. I'll do it then.
@Dead~man~Walking : Nice! Thanks. +rep to both of you now that I can give rep to Yabooer.

Last edited:
Level 13
He is a tank. Read more later :)

# # #Name : Veteran
# # #Proper Name (It can have your name! But no robots. And no numbers in names, sorry.) : Hakh'nar
# # #Role In Group :
# # #Primary Stat : Strength [x] Agility [ ] Intelligence [ ] (like this, or just write the primary stat.)
# # #Model File (Link to it) : Scarlet General (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/scarletgeneral-158591/?prev=search=Scarlet&d=list&r=20) or Orchish Beserker (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/orcish-berserker-160867/)
# # #Model Scale (normal,+0.25,+0.5,+0.75,+1) : I do not care.
---------------
# # #Short Story (presentation) : When Hakh'nar were 3 years old, his village were attaced by something mystical which came from the forest. He were send to the sea, and ended up on a beach. Not long time later, he were picked up by the locals, and grew up around those parts. He were only 14 when he went to war, to defend his new land. 10 Years later, he returned to the ruins and corpses of the city. He had lost what he knew once again. He travelled to the sea in hope of finding new love, and alliances.
---------------
# # #Spell One : Recall (Active)
Description : Hakh'nar remembers his past. He wouldn't let this happen again.
Hakh'nar goes into a rage, attacking faster.

Stats : Frenzy

# # #Spell Two : Veteranicy
Description : Hakh'nar have been to many wars, and strife faster. His movement and attack speed will be increased.

Stats : That aura, Tauren Chieftan has. I don't recall the name,

# # #Spell Three : Magical weapons
Description : Hakh'nar have found many weapons all over the places he have fougth. He will throw a magical hammer towards the target.

Stats : Storm Bolt

# # #Ultimate Spell (Must be triggered. The others mustn't. To keep the balance. Yes, triggered spells are normally much more powerful than normal ones! Also, if it's a single target one, it'd be awesome. Though AoE ones are good, too.) : Rage
Description : Hakh'nar releases all his rage towards the target, making him fly back and taking massive damage.

Stats : 30-60 seconds cooldown. Whatever matches your map.

# # #Extra notes: Please say if i should change something because i really want to have him in this map :)

Level 14
Thanks for the idea, Etzer. But it's non-themed. If you read the story, no wars happened after the races stepped in The New World.

Level 16
Some More Details for Spiritualist:

Spectre of Past
Role: Tank
Skills:
Taunt (Basic)
Pain Channeler (Learned at Level 4)
Destroys the Spectre's Corporeal Form, dealing damage to surrounding enemies according to the Spectre's lost health.

Spirit of Present
Role: DPH
Skills:
Frostwhisper (Frost Arrow Autocast)
Howling Force (Learned at Level 4)
Deals massive damage in a line. Disables the Spirit from attacking for 10 Seconds

Phantom of Future
Role: Melee DPS
Skills:
Berserk (Basic)
Unyielding Rage (Learned at Level 4)
Passive Effects: Incinerate
Active Effects: Attack Speed Increase, Attack Damage Increase, Temporary Cleave

Level 14
Hi again!
Now, the accepted Summoning Mage planned for the BETA : Spiritualist by Dead-Man-Walking.
Support/Damage heroes planned for the BETA : Troubadour by Yabooer.
Tank planned for the BETA : Veteran by Etzer.
Now, we need a DAMAGE DEALING MAGE!

Last edited:
Level 16
Spiritualist is no Tankzorz. His Summon (Spectre of the Past) is. He's a Mage.

And Spirit of Chaos:
Role: All-Round
Skills:
Spirit Wave
War Stomp with Knockback

Chaos Rift
Massive AoE Damage per Second. Channeling. Max. 6 Seconds.

Spirit Unleashed
Destroys the Spirit of Chaos, damaging and stunning all enemies nearby. If the Spirit has survived for at least 45 Seconds, the Spiritualist will regain half of his Mana. If he has survived for 90 Seconds, the Spiritualist will fully regain his Mana and the Damage and Stun Duration will increase and gives a Knockback Effect.

Level 14
So he's a summoning mage?
Okay then. Update : Captain will be in the BETA, too. Need a damage-dealing caster.

Level 13
Hi again!
Now, the accepted tank planned for the BETA : Spiritualist by Dead-Man-Walking.
Other hero(es) planned for the BETA : Instead of the Summoner, Troubadour by Yabooer.
Tank planned for future releases : Captain thingie by Etzer.
Now, we need a DAMAGE DEALING MAGE!

Captain Thingie? WTF??

Level 14
Okay all, all BETA heroes have been planned. One more idea (a magnetism-mage damage dealer) is being planned by CyberDuelX16.
Still, ideas for NEXT versions would be useful!

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

You really could have told me about this thread. Spiritualist seems much more like a Summoner so I think it's best you don't add a class called summoner.

Mage should be out shortly

Level 14
I thought of a spell for the magneto guy.
(2nd spell) Magnetic Shield :
The magnetic shield makes any unit that hit the mage get pushed by few centimeters. It allows the mage to shield himself for few seconds.
It seems like easy triggering, I could do it tomorrow.
G'night, once again.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Description : The Magnetic Mage uses the forces of physics to defeat his enemies, armed by the very worlds magnetic field, he is a force to be reckoned with

Model :
Magnetic Mage - HappyTauren - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/lich-88135/?prev=search=mage&r=20&d=list&page=4

Primary Attribute :
Intelligence

Stats :
Strength : 17 + 2.1
Intelligence : 20 + 3.4
Agility : 14 + 1.0

Spells :
Gravity Ball - Element of Water - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-5-a-104629/?prev=search=Magnetic&d=list&r=20
Magnetic Shock - kola - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...50-a-149472/?prev=search=Magnetic&d=list&r=20
Polarisation - Inferior - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-4-a-159236/?prev=search=Magnetic&d=list&r=20

Ultimate :
Magnetic Field - Inferior - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-4-a-159236/?prev=search=Magnetic&d=list&r=20

NOTE: Finally!

Level 14
I think that you never read the first post, did you? As I said, only ultimate should e triggered. IF normal spells are triggered, it shall be low-triggering (such as songs that change aura of the caster). Reason :Triggered spells can do what normal spells can't.

Level 2
I'm not very good with these kind of things but definitely Troubadour/Dirge

Support classes do wonders.

All songs will drain mana, intellect will depend on how high or low the mana draining cost is.

Troubadour for buffing team mates while their main reason is for buffing they can also do a bit of damage.

Agility based but mostly a rounded hero.

Only one song is allowed to be on at a time. (Spell one and two) Unless you have your ultimate on.

First spell is an Attack speed + Damage buff,

if possible increases attack speed based on the user's agility

Damage based on their strength

Second spell a regeneration spell for in combat increase mana regeneration and health regeneration.

Strength will increase how much health is regenerated

Agility will determine how long it will take to proc it. Every second would be the lowest it could go.

Intellect will increase how much mana is regenerated

The ultimate would be a sort of Avatar buff, for set time your base stats are increased two fold.

You would also be able to sing different songs.

Able to use both songs that just increase damage/AS/Mana regen/Health regen.

Or

If chosen to just sing the first song you will increase the groups damage/attackspeed/movement speed. And based on your stats increase the group stats.

If chosen to just sing the second song you will increase the groups max HP/MP, the mana regeneration and health regeneration would go up extraordinarily, useful for those long fights or the tough fights.

Since you're now in this state a third song will pop up, unlike the other two it is a self song. Increases basically everything about you letting you deal more damage.

I am the lead hero designer for this project now. Interesting hero, I am working on it now. Making changes to some spells however. I'm using the first song to just increase damage and attack speed as a percentage bonus (better that way). The second song is mana/hp regen, intellect will increase the amounts for both and agility will decrease time between ticks if I can figure out how without there being a chance for OP-ness. Might be changed to an int hero as well, 3rd spell will be sleep. Ulti will make both songs turn on and increase the stats of the troubador as well. Do you names for these spells?

Level 2
Hero Progress for The New World

Spell 1-Song of Dethmar -Finished, but all 3 songs cast at once. Need to fix.
Spell 2-Song of Elune -Finished, but all 3 songs cast at once. Need to fix.

Spell 3-Lullaby-Changing to make it AOE

Ultimate-Ultimate Song-Finished, but all 3 songs cast at once. Need to fix.

Not started

Spell 1- Memories-Done
Spell 2- Inspiring Presence-Done
Spell 3- Enchanted Axe- Done , deals damage equal to (ability level * (strength *2))
Ultimate-Learning Knockback triggers

Not started, need insight from Herian

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.