• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Satiric(funny) Arena-Race/Class ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Y so basicly i am making a new type of arena:

The Goal of the game is to survive the most rounds:
That doesn'T mean the longest! You get respawned after every round:
With a new hero which has a random class and race :
Race: Model,stats,Racial Skill
Class: A good useable skill

The Races and classes should be ever funny and/or clichee like

Instead of the name a hero has a random quote that suits the race clichee most: for example the clichee of the elf is: Does that armor suits me
The one from human: The Perfect Noob Race: Sucks everywhere

of course when you are totally unlucky you get a race and a class that don'T suit together: no mana to use for example

So basicly i need ideas for some (funny!!!) races and classes

For the Race i need:
The Name:
Model(wc3 model would be best):
Stats: (30 stats on lvl 1(based of str,int and agi: hp and mana are fully determined by them)) (15 stats every lvl
Quote: that's instead of the name(like thelanis flamehand whatever)
they have a quote

Class: Name, Skill

And ofc it should be funny!

Level 8
Satire: Ridicule, Irony, Sarcasm. Ian Hislop and Paul Merton are satirists because they take politics and look at it in a witty light, showing that the day to day life can be twisted and changed. Satire doesn't have to be funny.

Satire and Comedy are two completely different things. Charlie Brooker is a satirist because, while he isn't necisarily funny all of the time, he expresses his own views and ridicules the media in a way that breaks the public perception. Jimmy Carr is a comedian because he speaks to entertain and make people laugh, not to educate or draw upon emotions.

Not only that, but your english isn't good enough to pull of comedy. Form your writing carefully so that it is readable, and use good punctuation. Not only that, but you also need to make them remotely funny.

A joke isn't about what you say its about how you say it (or in writing, phrase it). When I look at your elf joke: Does that armor suits me; I see two things.

1. Not good english - Does THIS armor SUIT me. Learn it, love it. I work, you work, she workS. Its english. The British are snobbish before they are easygoing, so you need good languistic skills.

2. Not that funny - Doesn't cross any barriers, doesn't make me laugh or cringe, doesn't challenge me, its just too easy. Done before.

One of my favourite jokes: When I told them I was going to be a comedian they laughed. Well, they are not laughing now. - Jimmy Carr
Level 1 - The friends of the comedian laughed at their friend wanting to do stand up. They were wrong.
Level 2 - The friends aren't laughing now. The joke is he isn't funny, but it is also an expression.

Try:
Elf: Does my bum look big in this armor?
This stretches the boundaries a bit by adding the word 'bum', a childish word for 'bottom' that is a bit out of the ordinary in a formal society.
Human: The worlds most flexible race: terrible at everything.
This is the two level theory. Level 1 - You are given a positive opinion of the humans. Level 2 - Keeping the origional point technically true but making it negative.

Name: Gnome
Model: Gyrocopter
Stats: Pfft, I'll do them later
Quote: Gnomes are becoming rare - there is a serious SHORTage

Its a pun, a basic comedic technique that is a play on words. Gnomes are short, and severely underplayed (I think trolls are the least played)

Last edited:
Level 6
Y i know what you mean and actually i wasn't thinking when i wrote that :) (the idea is just 3 days old so i hadn't pulled out any good jokes yet )
The quote shouldn'T be only funny cause the joke point but it can be just clichée.
(and the game doesn'T bases on World of Warcraft | It contains races and classes from different settings (Sci-Fi , World War) too.

Ok but now i have one more

Name: Mud Golem
Model: Mud Golem
Stats: Based on strength and agi (no intelligence->no mana)
Quote:I wanted to summon a skelleton!Sorry i had no bath today.
Skill: With a big cooldown the Mud Golem can replicate himself trough Mitose

// You forgot the skill of the gnome too

Level 8
You can't have no intelligence, it automatically goes to 1 I think.

'I wanted to summon a skeleton! Sorry...I haven't had a bath today...'
'I wanted to summon a skeleton! Sorry, I haven't had a bath today!'

Use either of those, better grammar and english.

Status
Not open for further replies.