• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Azeroth ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello all
Ive been thinking about this idea for month, and now i actually wonna make the map but many things is just ideas.
Ive got 4 problems:
1: Map Name [fixed] Name is going to be: The rise of Ner'zul
2: Ideas for Classes
3: Terraining and Triggers [Terraining is in work by Kebabmeat]
4: other
---------------1-----------------
The rise of Ner'zul

The game takes place 2 years after a great war, where the 3 races Human, Orc and Night elves stood together and fighted the Lich king Arthas undead Scourge.
Many of the heroes we know are dead.
The game is about defeating Arthas, but hes so strong that u have to be very high lvl (there will be save/load).
The terrain is made over warcraft 3s version of Azeroth, NOT WoW! so many towns and citys we know from there are replaced whit some i made.
ive hope this could help naming the map :)

New things: Arthas has planted Obelisks around Azeroth, before he can be killed, the obelisk and its defender must be killed! (theres 10 obelisks)
---------------2----------------
The classes and races are similar to the Wars of Wacraft ORPG's races.
When making a new character you fisrt pick a Race and then a class. Some races cant be some classes. The current classes is:

-Assasin - Stealthy and whit loads of poisens (Rouge - not using energy or CP)
-Ranger - Ranged huntsman, using spears, bows, throwing weapons and rifles (hunter)
-Warlock - Demonic mage, summoning demons and using demonic spells (warlock)
-Necromancer - Dark mage - Ressurecting fallen emenies or allies into skeletons. Also using Living Essences to cast their damage spells (living essences is gained by using a corpse removing spell). (none)
-Warrior - Yup, guess what he can do :O (warrior - not using rage)
-Shaman - Half warrior half mage, using healing spells, damage spells, and melee spells. (Shaman)
-Paladin - Half warrior half preist, using melee spells and healings (paladin)
-Preist - Primary healing dummy :p
--() means that the class is like the wrapped class from WoW--
If you got ideas for classes just post them: They should:
-have a name (like battlemage)
-Have three skill trees (like fire, earth and water)
-Have a faction (Alliance, Horde or Both)
---------------3------------------
Terraining isent my strongest side, but ive seen loads of very skilled terrainers
and i would ask if someone would boost the terrain after i made the basics of it. [Done]
---------------4-------------------
im also looking for weaponmodels and Heroes whitout weapons, only two open hands sience ill make it so you can see your character wearing the weapon. Triggered spells and ideas for Classes are also very welcome :thumbs_up:
The races thats going to be in the map:
--Alliance--
Dwarfes
Humans
Night Elves
High elfs (or another if u got an idea)
--Horde--
Orcs
Trolls
Taurens
Forsaken Undeads

--Updated 17. dec. 2007--

Last edited:
Level 2
I like this idea i have been boncing around with a few maps similar to this. The problem is i always get about 1/3 of the way though and think of a new concept and start all over again.

For the alliance you could use gnomes, there are a few gnome models on this site and i have manged to make the wow type class from them, (warrior, mage, worlock and rouge)

One idea that i did come up with was to have the game based in a camp, that is as the game progressed the area with the players stash and main quest givers were not part of a original town. As the game progressed other Npc joined the camp adding shops and new quet givers as the game progressed. I found that this progrestion stoped the old 'town gurd quests' and the 'one alliance quests'. what i mean by this is the horde and allicane could have the same progretion without separte towns and teams.

i like your idea of wepons being shown on the heros, this would add montions of fun to the game. i have been working on making each heros invetory bigger by making bags and such. using 'locust carriers' as invetory, aka there would be a triger for the selection of a particular item which would open the 'locusts' invetory and allow items to be put in or taken out. these items would not give the hero any abities or affects but would allow for a larger carring space for things such as quest items and recipie items.

i would be glad to help out on this project and i hope these ideas help.

P.s, sorry about the grama but i CBF.

Level 2
Oh and God ideas

Dwalfs - no idea
Humans - Uther lightbringer and Jania Proudmore (or General Proudmore) or Lothar (hero of Warcraft 1)

Orcs - Grom Hellscream , Mannoroth or Gul'dan for thoose warlocks out there, Orgrim Doomhammer
Trolls - Not sure they are so primitive
Tauren - The earthmother
Forsaken - Syvannus , Tichorondus , Kel'Thuzad

Level 24
Ok well if you want my opinion, you should set the map before WoW. I mean theres already the game WoW, and countless remakes of it in Wc3. If I were you, I would maybe set it in the time of wc3, or something like that which I don't think has ever been done.

Level 45
Gods?

*I think the dwarfs would worship the earthens (rock dwarfs) or their titan (dunno which one that made them, forgot).
*Orcs would worship no friggin demon, Thrall I guess or some giant wolfish shaman aspect
*Trolls would aspect many, Like tiger aspects, snake aspects and depends, maybe hakkar but thats only for certain tribes.
*Taurens-Yep, Earthmother, but her aspect isnt clear so possible just cairne imbued with earth mothers powers.
*Forsaken, no..why the hell Kel'thuzad? honestly. Id just say Syvannus or her in a spectered up Banshee form..

I didnt really read your post as i cbf, tldr. So I think you are looking for leader/god/deity aspects so here are mine.

Level 2
my reasioning behind the orcs worshiping the demons is they were there gods at some point and there may be thoose that still hold them as the gods.

Kel'Thuzad made was the reason behind the scourges rise to power and he is unmetioned after the warcraft 3 game

I think the whole idea of this map is to make a story after the end of the warcraft 3 story and would incorperate the heros of that story. WoW is a good game but lacks a story, it would be good to make the map, a map that incorperates what WoW lacks.

I like the before WoW idea, there is alot missing between the too games like, Why are the Horde and Alliance enemys again and why are the forsaken with the horde.

Level 45
The ones that would worship them would be the fel orcs, they take no heed in azeroths "mingles" between horde vs humans. They are just involved with the legions afrairs. And the felorcs, barely any at all in azeroth from what i can remember, they reside in outland.

I dunno, iv lost my head today and im tired. but i think i got the timeline of this right or down the snakes .....floppy thing.

Level 2
You now that game manual that came with Reign of Chaos, it has alot of History and info that helps to create a image of the warcraft world. This is were most of my reasoning is coming from.

Level 2
If you want it to be realistic, use the gods outlined in WoW...
Dwarves would worship 1) the Titans, specifically the one who made them 2) Nefarian, he is the dragon aspect of earth, or 3) Ragnaros (dark iron dwarves worshipped him)
Night elves would worship 1) Elune, goddess of the moon 2) Azshara 3) Cenarius, demi-god or 4) Ysera, the dragon aspect, she's the one who imbued the night elves with immortality via the tree of life.
Humans are a little less defined in their gods... blizzard kind of points them to worshippers of light or magic. Not sure how you could put a god for them, but maybe you could give humans the option of joining the Knights of the Silver Hand (the order of paladins/priests) or the Kirin Tor (archmages of the Violet Eye in Dalaran)
Hope that helps

Level 15
No problem :) how long u made? anyways, im a bit sorry to tell it but... if u ever finished the terrain, you would had to start all over :p forgot Inventory space xD
anyways, Kebabmeat isent working on terrain, ill do, i tryed myself and it didnt go that bad :) well whole Kalimdor is done now... now i only need Northrend and Eastern Kingdoms ... :S

Level 15
yea :)

Well, i reobtained the project after a short break, i nearly got the itemsystem work properly (nearly -.-) and now i made a list of item rarety and such. Heres a list:

-Gray (Broken) A bad item, unuseable for weapons, Start weapon. (like Poor from WoW)

-Hvid (Common) Normal, not anything else. Most things are white such as quest items and junk. weapons might be white too, but they dont got anything else than bonus dmg as atribute. (like Common from WoW)

-Blue (Rare) A pretty nice item for low levels, though, higher levels shoulden have blue items. (like Uncommon from WoW)

-Green (Epic) A nice item, very useable by high levels and will not get shiftet out fast. (like Rare from WoW)

-Red (Artifact) Ultra "imba", boss drop and very rare. (like Epic from WoW)

-Purple (Legendary) If you get this, you are what i call a lucky bastard. (like Legendary from WoW)

Level 15
WHOO inventory system works p-e-r-f-e-c-t! but, is there a way to make items invulnerable, or impossible to damage?
item level should be used for the level required to equip, but max item level is 8 (stupid blizzard...). Instead im using life, but then a level 70 item could be damaged down so it only requires level 4 :S
any ideas?

Level 15
News:
Drops spellbook system, just 3 normal spells, one ulti, and a race spell.
Also, you may post your own weapon! type them this way:
Name:
Type:
Rarety:
Required Level:
Description:
Effects:

Name: The items name - like Blade of goo
Type: The item type, the types are: Weapon, Sheild or offhand thing like orb or a dagger, Helmet, Armor, Jewerly and Misc
Rarety: use the rarety scala in one of my posts
Required Level: Kinda self-explation, ca bonus damage for a level 75 item is 100-125. Stats are about +16-20
Description: Guess what, an Artifact/Legendary should have a history.
Effects: hmm guess what this is :p

Maybe i will modify stats or such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.