• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Legacy of Erquatia Needs Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
The land of Erquatia fell into despair once the King became corrupted. Something within him caused him to fall ill, weakening his spirit enough for a Demon to take control of him. Locked in a guarded crypt, the King could do no harm. But the monsters began to get smarter, more organized. Towns were pillaged by groups of goblins invading.

Much of the land fell into disrepair. The monsters roamed the land, attacking in groups and destroying most villages found. The demon corrupting the King caused it all. A portal opened in the East, by the edge of Erquatia. The demon came through and ruined the land. There was no hope.

Now, a Hero has arrived, a year after the King has gone corrupt. The original portal has disappeared, but the demon remained within the King's soul. With several factions scattered around the land, the Hero must make choices. He could become a strong warrior, a powerful mage, an agile archer. The Factions all accept the Hero in to their groups, but he cannot waste time. If he does not hurry and reach the King and end his corrupted existence to destroy the demon within, the enemy will gather an army much too powerful to be stopped by any mortal man or woman.

Written by Arcadia

Hey Hive!

I'm thinking of making a large scaled RPG called the Legacy of Erquatia (er-quay-cha). Basically, it will be the same as like most other RPGs (dungeons, raids, quests and the like) with a vivid twist on the class system. Instead of having classes, LoE will have several spell trees (sort of like talent trees) for each faction and race. For example, if you choose the Human race, you automatically get the Human spell tree. Then you join several factions and get those faction related trees. Every level you'll gain a point in which you can spend in a spell or upgrade. This will be done with dialogues.

The game itself is where you control one hero. It will have a following camera – meaning you cannot move your vision away from your hero. The only times there are exceptions to this is in cinematics or other special events.

This map is not yet in development. What I really need right now is basically everything. Areas, heroes, spells, factions, NPCs, dungeons, raids, bosses, enemies, items, storys ... everything you can think of to put into an RPG. If you want to work for me, please send a message or post here on the LoE thread. Here are the formats for creating ideas. I haven't included a hero template because there are really designated heroes. Everyone starts with the exact same hero, but over time chooses new spells, upgrades their stats differently, etc.

1. Name
2. Description
3. Stats
4. Created by [Recipe, Profession] or Component for [Recipe, Profession]. Totally optional.
5. Item Type [Helmet, Shouders, Chest, Wrist, Hand, Main Hand, Off Hand, Waist, Leggings, Boots, Trinkets, Necklaces and Rings.
6. Item Cost
7. Quality [Poor, Common, Uncommon, Magical, Epic, Legendary - basically Poor is really bad item and Legendary is really good item]

1. Name
2. Description
3. Rewards [Gold, Experience [You can just say a small amount of XP, a large amount, 10% or whatever since I don't have stable numbers yet] and/or items.]
4. Objective
5. Recommended Players [Usually needed for epic boss fights, events or raid/dungeon quests. Don't include this if it's an easy quest that 1 player can do by themselves.]
6. Location [If you include this (Optional!) please provide a small description of the location.]

1. Name
2. Description
3. Effect [What is does]

PLEASE NOTE: I am skilled [mostly :p] in triggering so please try to stay away from the unoriginal spells from Warcraft III :).

1. Name
2. Level
3. Toughness [Regular difficulties for normal mobs like Easy, Medium, Hard. But for bosses please use techniques like Tank 'n Spank (just kill the boss, no spells included), AoE (will cast area of effect spells on the ground), Super Tough (has a shield or physical damage reduction), etc.
4. Any Spells
5. Description
6. Model
7. Other Information

PLEASE NOTE: For 6. Model, you don't have to put in a model. Rather, you can describe it and I can either find it on the Hive or model it myself [not very good at it, so I'll probably reskin something :p]. If you can find a model, though, it will be helpful.

1. Name
2. Level
3. Type [Dungeon or Raid]
4. Toughness [Very Easy, Easy, Medium, Tough, Hard, Very Hard]
5. Number of Bosses [You can include boss names but you don't have to.]
6. Loot [Not specifics but things like Healer gear, tanking gear, caster gear, tier 1 set, tier 2 set [a set is a group of items which, when one equips the full set, gains additional bonuses] etc.]

1. Name
2. Primary Friendly Faction [The faction where you will pick up your quests and remain at their bases.]
3. Primary Aggressive Faction [The faction you will be attacking against most of the time or in general.]
4. Other Factions [Name, Friendly/Aggressive.]
5. Storyline [Optional]

Thank you for your time. I am looking forward to your ideas and imput. Of course, if you have any other ideas to put forward, please do so (they do not have to be related to the 6 hidden topics, but can be based on the general storyline, faction ideas and mechanics).

Last edited:
Level 3
For Factions, I'd go with typical Faction groups. Have a troll tribe in one area that unlocks access to Ritualistic Spells, an Orc Clan in another area that unlocks powerful Melee Abilities, etc. For bosses, you could try to use a powerful leader in each Faction and some Factions are "at war" with eachother(You can join one and then become hostile to the other), like if you join one Troll Tribe, the rest become hostile and you can fight the Tribe Leader as a boss.

Level 3
@Arcadia

Great idea! Thanks for the input and help. I'll defiantly use these ideas. That brings me to another thing, too. Factions can lead to unlock special spells, items and maybe keys to accessing harder dungeons/raids/zones.

EDIT: Massive overhaul to the main post, added hidden tags for your creative needs :) and to direct you on the right course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.