• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello everyone. I need an advice about some hero stats in ORPG map.
Currently, it's made like that: with each level hero gains 10 skillpoints and he can spend it by upgrading the stat of his choice (Strength, Agility, Intelligence, Stamina, Spirit).
The thing I don't like: some players surely will focus only ONE skill (e.g. Intelligence for Mage). And - uh-huh - Level 100 Mage with 100hp. How cute.
There are few ways I've found:
1) Also heroes will improve each of his stats with every level gained
2) Limiting the player (for example you can pick one stat only 4 times per level).
3) Combining the stats, and therefore using nearly standart system.

So I want to ask. How do you think, is there any other way to make the stats system look better?

Level 20
Using all of these:
- Heroes gain standard stats every time they level up, so your own decisions wont dramatically change the hero.
- You cant pick same stat three times in a row or so.

And maybe:
Add stat requirements to items preventing a Rogue for an example taking all damage. Now he needs to spend some stats into Intelligence for an example so that he could use that weapon.

Level 3
I've thought about adding item requirements, but decided not to do that, since one limit would be enough (armor class: rogue won't be able to equip Plate armor, and so on).
These ways are good indeed, but I was wondering if you can offer some other stats improvements?

Level 3
Well i think you can reduce the people choice of stats . Like when you levelup depending on the class you get simply like mage : Strength : 0, Agility : 0, Intelligence : 3 , Stamina : 2 , Spirit :1 and 3 more stats for player to pick so there can be variation in the player pick and there you will not have 100 hp at max level ;)
And well anyway if you make armors grand stats like stamina the heroes will not go so low on health . You can make the items of types like cloth leather plate wand weapon offhand and shield maybe :) There are simple system that you can make type of items with all the item types (misc/artifact/consimable/etc) and well the item for caster like cloth will grand health and intelect same goes for wand but for fighter you can use weapon for health and strenght :) same for all the rest :)

I was thinking to make a talisman(i dont know if it have name) system on my own map but it requires making tons of items :)
And item per hero type that improve his health and mana every level :)

Status
Not open for further replies.