• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero stat gain system by trigger. Give it decimal or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have created a system to customize hero stat gain in game. However my trigger currently only works to add the stat gain by 1. I have noticed that all games with heroes have a decimal point stat gain. E.g Str gain: 1.4

So my question is should I make it such that the players are able to customize the hero stat gain by 0.1 or leave it as 1?

I dont know if anyone has thought of this fancy system yet but if you want to know how I did it, you can ask ^^

Level 4
The stat increase depends on how your map scales. It doesnt matter if its 1.4 or 14 or 1, the overall game has to scale with the stats.

Example: Lets say a monster has 100 hp and 10 attack and you gain 1 stat point per level and it is balanced.
Then, when you increase that stat gain to 10 stat points per level, the monster has to scale together with the stats. (to something like 1000 hp and 100 attack)

Status
Not open for further replies.