• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Necropolis (Beta)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is an authentic and working beta Necropolis model. Back in 2019, I pre-purchased Warcraft III: Reforged and ended up playing with HD graphics. But recently I visited Classic graphics for nostalgia's sake and wanted to use the beta Necropolis model. Though I just remembered that the one uploaded to the Workshop is broken, and the other one has a slightly different texture. Here is what once broken now fixed model for the undead town hall. Just import it as it is, remove the war3mapImported\ from the file name in the Asset Manager and you're good to go!

File Name renaming should be like this:
Before:
war3mapImported\Necropolis.mdx
war3mapImported\CreepyNecropolis.blp

After:
Necropolis.mdx
CreepyNecropolis.blp

Note to Moderator: Feel free to merge this with the old upload, or perhaps removing the broken version in place of this one but just by updating it.
Contents

Necropolis (Beta) (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Might be useful for some people, but not really creative or original work.
Big if true; I'd be very pleased to hold this up as the One True Working Beta Necropolis. However, on the first one (the one you mentioned as 'not working anymore'), there's a post about changing the texture to .blp; is that the only issue?
I actually tried that method, even though the texture file is already in .blp format. It didn't work. :sad:

File Name renaming should be like this:
Before:
war3mapImported\Necropolis.mdx
war3mapImported\CreepyNecropolis.blp

After:
Necropolis.mdx
CreepyNecropolis.blp

You don't need to remove the war3mapImported from the model path.
But this is the result. :-|

Broken-Necropolis.png

But this is the result. :-|

Broken-Necropolis.png
I said model path, not texture path. Model paths don't matter unless you want to replace pre-existing models or use model references (like the NE and Undead Building models, who have specific paths).

I said model path, not texture path. Model paths don't matter unless you want to replace pre-existing models or use model references (like the NE and Undead Building models, who have specific paths).
That's what I did as well. :sad:

Very weird. I always leave the model paths as the way they were imported, and I've never had this problem. Maybe it's a Reforged thing.
Maybe. But just to be sure, let's leave the instructions on, since it's also suggested by HIVE when clicking "How to import this model", albeit outdated.

Level 4
I don't get your question. Black Citadel is tier 3 upgrade.
Ask why the shape of this model's tier 3 Black Citadel is different from the current tier 3 Black Citadel model. Tier 3 of this model is Hall of the Dead and Tier 3 of the current model is Black Citadel. The appearance of the tier 3 Black Citadel in the Legend of Arkain map is different from the appearance of the tier 3 Black Citadel in this model. I wonder why.

Ask why the shape of this model's tier 3 Black Citadel is different from the current tier 3 Black Citadel model. Tier 3 of this model is Hall of the Dead and Tier 3 of the current model is Black Citadel. The appearance of the tier 3 Black Citadel in the Legend of Arkain map is different from the appearance of the tier 3 Black Citadel in this model. I wonder why.
This is the official beta model of the Undead town hall, Necropolis. The first upgrade - Halls of the Dead - is suppose to look like, like the Necropolis but is now floating above rather than submerged into the pool (Necropolis). The second upgrade is still considered the Black Citadel without the doodads on top of it, but it now has a small column/pillar on each corner. The one in Legend of Arkain is probably edited.

Level 4
This is the official beta model of the Undead town hall, Necropolis. The first upgrade - Halls of the Dead - is suppose to look like, like the Necropolis but is now floating above rather than submerged into the pool (Necropolis). The second upgrade is still considered the Black Citadel without the doodads on top of it, but it now has a small column/pillar on each corner. The one in Legend of Arkain is probably edited.
Oh i see Thanks you