• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Necromancer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
So just when i thought he had been unnerfed, i found that he is still very weak. Please fix his skeletons to at least be able to either tank a bit or deal a little dmg. Right now it takes a long time for them to even kill a lvl 4 spider :(

Level 4
That is true. They still have like 200 hp and 20 dps... that is pretty sad... Lets wait maybe he will get buffed in next version

Level 5
The skeletons get stronger with your hero's level.
However you've got your basic magician spells as well.

Level 5
Well, every hero that makes drastic changes, will generally be more underpowered than others. In 1.2 you'll probably get spells making them less 'useless', to buff them now would just call for a debuff once 1.2 happens. I for one haven't tried the Necromancer just yet, but once I do I'll post my thoughts.

Dude i know they get stronger each level, but they are extremely weak still compared to other 5k spells and thats what matters.
Compared to what? Incinerate? Yes, incinerate deals a truckload of damage, but then again ask all those sorcerers that used in in D3 and how they whine about getting instant aggro and stuff ... :p

20 dps? Whats the problem with that? You got 2 of them, they got a lot of armor penetration so they always deal the damage they should ... this is like a perma-damage debuff like crippling curse. And plus, it doesn't add to your threat. What do you expect? Should the skeletons deal as much damage as a whole hero class when you still got all those magician spells to back you up? I think that wouldn't be fair.
besides: the skeletons add something to your utility that sorcerers will always miss: physical damage that ignores resistances.

Level 2
But only 2 skeletons with 114hit points at 32 lvl of necromancer are some kind of joke.

Level 10
I don't think that's an issue I don't think skeletons should be high in HP since you get an 'army' of minions and they aren't tanks and with the low damage they have they add up in numbers. In dungeons that won't even matter they won't be tanking and I doubt they will pull aggro. In soloing they may not be able to tank but they can buy you time while you get a big spell off or two then you can just resummon them

Level 2
S0ulseeker, you're right. But skeletons should have 300 hit points.
When you soloing (i know, map isn't for soloing) class unbalance is revealed. Some classes (e.g.crusader,berserker,assasin) killing ogres with no problem, some classes killing ogres with problems and some classes die trying.

Zwiebelchen, when we play with teh.fellow...aproximately 1 week ago, i was exping him to 32lvl necromancer and we saw that skeletons have 114hp.

S0ulseeker, you're right. But skeletons should have 300 hit points.
When you soloing (i know, map isn't for soloing) class unbalance is revealed. Some classes (e.g.crusader,berserker,assasin) killing ogres with no problem, some classes killing ogres with problems and some classes die trying.

Zwiebelchen, when we play with teh.fellow...aproximately 1 week ago, i was exping him to 32lvl necromancer and we saw that skeletons have 114hp.
Read the last update notes ... I buffed the skeletons numerous times since then.

Level 2
The skeletons aren't meant to deal good damage, they're there as cannon fodder. I leveled a necro to 34, and I use them as a damage shield sending them in first. Especially useful against Sanev, Gaeles Tar, Witchdoc Maluvu and useful against Lord Andy. They take some of the curses,shadow bolts that would've hit you directly. A necro can solo Gaeles and Sanev (almost at 34) with non d3 gear, and the ogres die even if you're 26. Just depends how you utilise those skeletons.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Compared to what? Incinerate? Yes, incinerate deals a truckload of damage, but then again ask all those sorcerers that used in in D3 and how they whine about getting instant aggro and stuff ... :p

20 dps? Whats the problem with that? You got 2 of them, they got a lot of armor penetration so they always deal the damage they should ... this is like a perma-damage debuff like crippling curse. And plus, it doesn't add to your threat. What do you expect? Should the skeletons deal as much damage as a whole hero class when you still got all those magician spells to back you up? I think that wouldn't be fair.
besides: the skeletons add something to your utility that sorcerers will always miss: physical damage that ignores resistances.

You should test them some more to see that they are complete shite, they dmg so little and slowly that its more of a nuisance to click the retreat button to prevent them from removing ice cage from a mob by accident - also these retreat/attack buttons are shared with other hero abilities, thereby adding to the delay before one can cast spells again = dealing less damage than without them. Now im not suggesting you should make pet spells be in a seperate spellbook or something stupid like that, not at all, but i mean when they are actually slowing down casting of other spells, they should at least make up for it. At least the skellies do look cool and funny though.

Level 4
You should test them some more to see that they are complete shite, they dmg so little and slowly that its more of a nuisance to click the retreat button to prevent them from removing ice cage from a mob by accident - also these retreat/attack buttons are shared with other hero abilities, thereby adding to the delay before one can cast spells again = dealing less damage than without them. Now im not suggesting you should make pet spells be in a seperate spellbook or something stupid like that, not at all, but i mean when they are actually slowing down casting of other spells, they should at least make up for it. At least the skellies do look cool and funny though.

I think a good buff would be if you remove the corpse condition and if you could actually them some way to meat tank for you in some situatios instead of just DPS... they can and should do so much but the only thing they do is hit and get killed by some aoe spell...

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Actually forget what i said, the necro is not finished with the current version, and thats why his skellies are bad. With the new explosion spell you talked about, they are obviously going to be alot more useful, so no worries =)

Status
Not open for further replies.