• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Necromancer/Sorcerer - remake for new patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay out there everyone complains that necromancers suck. I totally agree as I own one myself. However sorcerers are very strong.

There is a major difference between a necromancer and a sorcerer:
-Necromancers have a cool ability which can summon skeleton warriors to fight in combat
-Sorcerers have a pretty weak incinerate skill which is only ever any good in D3

Necromancers are good in which they have minions to aid them while dealing with monsters. However the minions are just way too weak.

They DO NOT hold aggro due to their poor damage rating and attack speed. They have so little health that a level 12 gnoll could kill it with 3 bash attacks.

I believe that there should be a remake to the skeletons, such as increase their health and also make their attacks give 3 times the threat or such.

As for Sorcerers, the incinerate skill, as i have mentioned, is only good when you are dealing with D3 where the monsters are actually existent for more than 10 seconds. On other occasions when you are ogre grinding, its pretty useless.

The spell power multiplier is very low, but thats not the main problem here. Incinerate attracts TOO MUCH AGGRO. My level 35 sorc could pull aggro faster than what a level 40 crusader could.

The spell power multiplier for fire shield is also too low. (Spell Power) X 0.1 each time they hit me. I have 95 spell power and that means that i only return 9 damage each time they attack me. Whats 9 damage as compared to my 750 damage magic missile? Okay some people argue that it holds some aggro when buffed on tanks, i admit they are correct but 9 damage threat isnt going to hold them much.

Something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.