• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

My unique, special JNGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Okay I actually updated my JNGP manually a long time ago. Did everything required. However it still had problems with hashtables in GUI. I decided to remedy that problem by manually editing it's files. Recently I've forgotten how I did that. While my JNGP works with all my maps and other peoples, other people cannot access my maps without this special version.

That's great when you don't want people to access your map. It's not so great if you want people to access your map to help you see/fix a problem.

Now the thing is it gives me a lot of parameter errors on trigger syntaxes when I load the first map of the day. Also when other people try to open my maps, it gives them the error: function not found AddSpecialEffectTarget()

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=nrcr9p

This is my version of JNGP. Hopefully someone might be able to tell me how I can make it more compatible with other people's.

Did you use any unique GUI in your map? (unique functions that you've added for GUI)

If so, you'll probably want to delete them and then try that. (make sure you have a backup) Otherwise, there isn't much you can do. As far as I know, they only become unopenable by other people when you use functions that you've added yourself.

Basically, you will probably need to edit the map, now the editor. ;)

Level 18
How about spreading your custom WE to others, so they can open the map with the same Editor, you're using?

Also it's awesome, that you fixed that damn GUI hashtable stuff.. Not Everybody is good at any kind of JASS, so it's very good, that the GUI triggers now works with hashtables.. so share it with us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.