• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JNGP maps behave strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
A while ago I created a map with World Editor The Frozen Throne, but in the progress I ran into two problems.
I needed to bypass the amount of trees limit and the amount of tile space limit.
I searched The Hive Workshop for a solution and found that Jacks New Generation Pack could remove the amount of trees limit.
It also increased the maxium amount of tile space limit from 13 to 16.
(I would like to have a higher tile space limit. Do you know a better solution?)

When I tested the map offline it worked fine.
I use Frozen Throne objects for my maps that converts to .w3x, but I convert them back to .w3m with Windows MPQEditor so I can play them on battle.net in Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos. There has never been a problem with that.

However, when I test my .w3m map on battle.net by hosting it in public everyone who finishes downloading with 100% gets kicked immediately.
There has been a total of three people that didn't get kicked.
One of them are a user called Wrda. He says that the reason everybody gets kicked is that all maps created with JNGP require the newest patch for Warcraft 3, though he don't know how to solve the problem.

What can I do to recover my map so it's playable for other people again?
I can't get them to update their patch, if that's the problem.
How can I use JNGP without destroying my maps or what other programs can I use as a substitute?

If you need the maps to answer my problem I will edit this post and attach the JNGP edited .w3x map. The .w3m map can also be attached if necessary.

Regards Kasper.

From what I know you might be causing errors because of objects non-existent on their wc3s... It might really be because of the patch versions... though it's not really true that maps made with JNGP requires the latest patch, it will work for older patches, at least until 1.24... though I highly suggest updating to the latest patches whenever they're available, it's free anyway...

Level 2
Something happens when I run the program mapconv:
CMD flashes (appears and disappears).

Something also happens when I create a new folder and place the map and the program mapconv in it:
CMD flashes (appears and disappears).

I have still not found a solution to this problem.

How people on Battle.net may not have the newest patch? W3 automatically downloads it when you log in on Bnet.

What are you exactly doing with the MPQ browser to convert the map? I don't have a clue (unless you're converting all the binary files into RoC format, which is improbable).
Have you tried widgetizing your map? Maybe the .w3a file is causing that bug and widgetizing is a solution to get ride of it.

If it doesn't work, try to convert at least the .w3x file header into a .w3m header (maybe Ayane's program does that, I don't remember) and possibly the .w3i file.

Status
Not open for further replies.