• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

my theory, regarding the muradin revival issue..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
well many warcraft fans freaked out when muradin got on WOW.. i mean.. is blizzard crazy?

on the other side.. maybe gamers just didnt get this part right: to free the runeblede frostmourne, a soul must be sacrificed right? though its not mentioned whom...

i think it is Arthas soul. arthas got corrupted, LK gets controll of him when he wielded frostmourne.. ultimately the arthas in him vanished the moment he became LK..

am i missing something?

Level 21
He says that Arthas's soul was sacrifice and that Muradin was just knocked hard by ice and not actual sacrifice. But then again ice hitting him at that speed would kill him and I am sure that Arthas would notice if he was still alive.

Level 34
Happened between Baldur's Gate 1 and part 2 too, when the player (you) come across a certain person in BG2 you really recalled been killed in part BG1.

Wiki says:
Several characters from the first game make a comeback, some of which are NPCs who can (re)join the player's party. These are Imoen (who has become dual classed to a Mage/Thief), Minsc, Jaheira, Edwin and Viconia. Because Baldur's Gate II does not check the status of these characters at the end of the first game, they appear even if they perished in the course of the previous adventure. The designers make light of this, often prompting the player character to ask: "Aren't you dead?" – which can be disconcerting, if they did not die – if they survived, the player is given the opportunity to ask the ubiquitous "Can you remember me?", which often gives the much needed excuse to fill in backstory and give new players a sense of what has gone before. Also, the game assumes that the six-person party at the end of the game included the main protagonist, Imoen, Minsc, Dynaheir, Jaheira, and Khalid.

This whole Muradin revival issue fits in the mentioned section.

Level 3
i dont get it.. blizzard could just make something like an explanation about the "dead to alive" issue. i dont know why they are not making a move to clear things out

Level 10
Well, it's not like Warcraft 3 was very detailed about it. You see Muradin fall over after Frostmourne bursts from the ice. Anything could have happened, including Muradin getting a concussion or having his memory wiped by dark magic. Arthas wasn't exactly the most sane person alive back then, and a rock-shaped cut on Muradin's forehead bleeding tremendously (which head wounds do) might have been enough to convince him. Arthas wasn't exactly sad about Muradin dying, either, so maybe he didn't even care enough to check.

Level 18
Arthas - Rise of the Lich King said:
“Muradin!”
The impact of the ice shard had knocked the dwarf back several feet. Now he lay sprawled on the cold stone floor, a spear of ice impaling his midsection, the blood sluggishly flowing around it. His eyes were closed and he was limp.

He was bleeding, definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.